Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning/afternoon everybody! My first time posting on the daily chat thread but wanted to say hi.

Had a good weekend, tried some new recipes (thanks to the recipe links!) and feel really good - it's a long weekend for us Canadians so no work until tomorrow. WI day is tomorrow for me so fingers crossed for a good result!

Making lettuce tacos tonight - extra lean ground beef, taco seasonings, homemade salsa (tomatoes, green peppers, onions, cilantro), rolled up in lettuce leaves - yum!

I had never tried the salt thing for headaches and dizziness - does it work? I'm on week 7, going into 8, so I'm past the first couple of weeks headaches but I still get the odd one.

Good luck to those who are WI today!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #17  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

thanks for all the pep talks & advice everyone! I will definitely try salt first if there is a next time, and I am quite forgetful when it comes to taking my vitamins, so i'll make sure i'm more diligent about taking them. I made sure not to let it keep me off course, so hopefully with being back to 100%, i'll get past it quickly! Thanks again!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #18  
IP Start Date: Aug. 2/13

S/C/G: 248.2/213.8/146

Height: 5'4"

Howdy! Day #4 OP. Still going well.

Made some Potato Puree "buns" for today to try something new. So far all the IP products are good. The chocolate puddings are okay - wish they weren't so gritty! I think I'll try my next one from the freezer.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone!

Still lurking, researching, and trying to get a plan together to get myself (and hopefully DH) on plan. We're eating IP dinners, and I went with a RTD for breakfast, and mid-morning had half of a Pure Protien bar as a snack.

I really want to try this diet, but am sooo scared that I'm going to fail! Just reading here and seeing how supportive everyone is has been a HUGE boost!! Many thanks to everyone!!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #20  

Hey Everyone hope you're having a great weekend/monday

i too have a delayed wi this week and it's making me bonkers oh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'd eliminate sausage too. It isn't an approved IP meat.
as for this comment, my coach said the ones i found should be okay to eat just not often...(mine only have 7g of fat tho and 1 carb)....omg why would my coach say its fine if its really not! AKKK!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

My coach had to re-weigh me this morning because she couldnt believe im finally losing and on track-ha! Im enjoying an awesome fluffy pancake made from the crispy cereal and WF syrup! Such a good breakfast! I hope everyone is having a good Monday!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #22  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
happy monday funday!

today's awesomeness so far:
-most of the clothes in my closet are getting too big
-i hit 170 this morning! sooo close to the 160s i can taste it!
-wedding is 61 days away
-purchased my wedding dress last week and now i'm thinking i will need an amazing seamstress

Congrats on the NSV! I'm also 170 today, and also planning my wedding (slowly). Did you buy your dress in your current size? We haven't set a date yet and I'm not sure when I want to start shopping for dresses, I'm thinking after goal? I have been looking and I have been tempted when I see cute ones, last night I was looking at the Casablanca 1900, it's gorgeous! Can I ask to see your dress?? I am hoping to break into the 160's by my weigh in on Thursday. I'm chugging water like a wild woman.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
My coach had to re-weigh me this morning because she couldnt believe im finally losing and on track-ha! Im enjoying an awesome fluffy pancake made from the crispy cereal and WF syrup! Such a good breakfast! I hope everyone is having a good Monday!
It works!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Hi everyone!

Still lurking, researching, and trying to get a plan together to get myself (and hopefully DH) on plan. We're eating IP dinners, and I went with a RTD for breakfast, and mid-morning had half of a Pure Protien bar as a snack.

I really want to try this diet, but am sooo scared that I'm going to fail! Just reading here and seeing how supportive everyone is has been a HUGE boost!! Many thanks to everyone!!
I waited 8 months to start IP after finding out about it.
All I did was gain more weight and become more miserable.

What I did to prepare for IP:
1. I set a starting date.

2. I had DH on board. He isn't dieting with me but I needed a cheering section.

3. I set a no cheat rule. If I allowed one cheat, I would allow more. I was only going to do it if I was 100% all-in. It helped that my coach told me I could have 3-5 packets/day the first week. I used that "rule" the first month a few times.

4. I spent the money to work with a coach. I was SCARED beyond belief that I would fail on yet another diet. Look at my stats (below). I have not been the fastest looser or the biggest looser in the timeframe I've been on IP but I am certainly winning! We all have our own speeds of progress and it is ALL GOOD.

5. I lurked on this forum for at least a MONTH before I typed a word. I read and learned. If I had questions, I did MORE reading. By the time I started IP, I was firmly confident I knew what to do. (I decided sometime in June that I'd start when we returned from vacation, which was the first week of August)

6. I have come to this forum every day since starting the plan. It is a way bigger help than my coach. Everyone here knows what it is like to be on this diet and to try to live life, too. Most coaches just weigh, measure, and sell.

I understand your fear. I lived it. I'm just gonna say, if I can do this, ANYONE can! It really does work and it is life changing.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 265//200

Height: 5'6"

So I started my Journey yesterday!
I was sicker than sick yesterday and this morning. I am starting to feel better now, but still not 100%. How long does this last on average, (I know its different for everyone).
Old 08-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagirls12 View Post
So I started my Journey yesterday!
I was sicker than sick yesterday and this morning. I am starting to feel better now, but still not 100%. How long does this last on average, (I know its different for everyone).
Usually about 3 days. But
It IS different for everyone.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Oh man!! Lisa! You've got me tearing up at work!! Thank you so much for the incredibly kind words. I actually look to you as inspiration, since I've got about as much to lose as you have.

I think if I can get my DH into 100% support mode, I can do this. I truly do not want to continue the way I have been. You always hear the phrase "Fat and Happy?" Yeah, not so much. Sadly, the DH and I are terrible enablers for each other. It's a HUGE part of why I am trying so desperately to get him on board. At least, for the meals we eat together. If he eats other stuff when I'm not around/outside of the house, that's his issue. I'm starting to compile my list of stuff to buy, and some IP friendly dinner ideas. And... yeah, start date is next.

Thanks again for all the inspiration, and the amazingly kind words. It means a LOT!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #28  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

is the potato puree still available?? i can't find it to order online, thanks
Old 08-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
is the potato puree still available?? i can't find it to order online, thanks
RAINBOW!!!!!

Yup. Its available but the online stores have been shut down.

There's a thread...lemme find it...to make your own.
If anyone can do that, YOU CAN!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ernatives.html

Don't be a stranger, girlfriend!

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-05-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #30  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Hi everyone!

Hi there! When I started IP back in February, I had the same fears as you. I just could not believe that this was going to work. I figured it would be like every other diet I had been on: I would have some initial success and then I would hit an early plateau after losing 10 to 15 pounds. Well, this time it truly was different. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would lose more than 10 pounds. Here I am with 60+ pounds off!

Like you one of the biggest helps to me was finding by pure luck this website! I was encouraged to continue by all of the inspiring stories, and even looking at people's signatures and seeing the weight losses was helpful as proof that it works. My coach is a great cheerleader and very supportive, but this forum adds an element that I just can't get anywhere else.

Just hang with us, you'll do great!
Closed Thread