Old 07-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #1  

Default I'm confusing myself...snacks, restricteds...

I'm on day one....
I'm allowed two snack IP envelopes, correct? (In addition to my meal envelopes)
And that's just for the first week? And then no snack envelopes after that?

restricted
I have some envelopes that were given to me with red dots on them that are supposedly "restricted".
Restricted means only one a day? Or one a week?

Sigh...thanks for bearing with me y'all.
juicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Total packets I eat a day 3

1 - breakfast - usually one of the drink packets
2 - lunch - usually a soup packet
3 - snack - usually a restricted cause they're yummy. Cookie, ridges, chocolate puffs. I have them around 2-3 in the afternoon to carry me until supper.

Sometimes, usually 1-2 times a week, I have the jelly. I was told in was basically a freebie.
KryssyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #3  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

There are restricted items and super restricted items.

Typically the snack type items (bars, oatmeal, pancake & chips) are restricted to once per day only even in the first week. The super restricted items are once or twice a week. I think those are the spaghetti & stew.

Non-restricted (puddings, shakes) are allowed 2 times a day, and in the first week you can have up to 3 a day if needed.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #4  

My coach said.....2 non-restricted and 1 restricted per day....some of the "snacky" type things are non restricted...IE: the pre-made chocolate pudding...or the jello...

my coach the first week forgot to give me the above sheets...which once i had these tools really helped me to boost my success with p1....might not be a complete list but its complete for the foods i can purchase at my clinic...

my coach also said keep the carbs from IP packets to less than 30g a day.

er: i notice these do not seem to come up very well as thumbnails..save them and view them better maybe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carbs.jpg (33.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg ipcarbs.jpg (25.9 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Art3mis; 07-18-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added text
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
My coach said.....2 non-restricted and 1 restricted per day....some of the "snacky" type things are non restricted...IE: the pre-made chocolate pudding...or the jello...

my coach the first week forgot to give me the above sheets...which once i had these tools really helped me to boost my success with p1....might not be a complete list but its complete for the foods i can purchase at my clinic...

Fantastic! Thanks SO MUCH for these! My coach may have told me but I think I was taking in too much info and not enough notes! :-)
Old 07-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post

er: i notice these do not seem to come up very well as thumbnails..save them and view them better maybe

Ok- so then, I am only supposed to be eating 3 IP packets a day....yes? Two IP meals and one Ip snack?

Hahah! See, I told you I am confusing myself!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #7  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

You eat 3 IP packets a day - whatever kind you want - but if you want a restricted (higher carb count) you can only have 1 restricted + 2 unrestricted per day.
lauran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

And don't forget your lean meat protein at dinner.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

To keep it as simple as possible, you eat 3 IP items per day and only 1 can be restricted.

You can eat them in whatever order you choose so if you want a soup packet for breakfast, a yummy bar or "chips" for lunch and an omlet for snack, go for it.

You need to eat all three packets and the 4 cups veg. Space out the veg 2 c and 2 c or some people spread those out even a little more so maybe one cup is used as a snack. I often have a half cup of them in an omlet then 1.5 at lunch and 2 more c at dinner. (Don't try to eat 3-4 cups at once because it's too many carbs at one time.)

The protocol is designed so you CAN have a restricted every day, stay under the necessary carbs, fat and calories AND lose weight. Most people do not lose faster by not having restricted, but some do (especially those who are truly VERY carb sensitive). Restricteds ARE allowed each day and are meant to help keep you satisfied with a "treat" type item (sweet or salty snack) which helps keep you satisfied and on track!

Last edited by JLUS; 07-18-2013 at 02:33 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #10  

You are all truly wonderful.

I appreciate each and every one of your responses.

JLUS- thanks for breaking it down for me. That totally helps. Like I mentioned in another post, I need the "Cliffs Notes" for IP!!

And one more question- I cannot have more than four cups of veggies (all day, not at one sitting) EXCEPT for unlimited lettuce- correct?
Old 07-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey View Post
And one more question- I cannot have more than four cups of veggies (all day, not at one sitting) EXCEPT for unlimited lettuce- correct?
Correct.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey View Post
You are all truly wonderful.

I appreciate each and every one of your responses.

JLUS- thanks for breaking it down for me. That totally helps. Like I mentioned in another post, I need the "Cliffs Notes" for IP!!

Exactly! And that lettuce would be iceberg and romaine. Other lettuces (arugula, butter lettuce, Bibb etc) count toward your veg.

Another common falicy is that you MUST have lettuce. You do not have to have it, though as was pointed out on another thread, those who lose consistently "seem" to eat a lot of salads... Though I suspect you can find plenty who lose and don't have tons of salad!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #13  

the lettuce is a nice fiber source tho and helps with preventing the dreaded constipation some can experience on this diet...
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I think you were confusing yourself by thinking snacks/restricted as the same thing. Most of the snack type IP products are restricted but not always. You have to have 3 packages a day but only one of those would be restricted which your coach identified with the red dot. There likely is only seven packages with a dot on them; one for each day in the week.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote