3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   What Are You Eating Today IPeeps (Ideal Protein) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/284833-what-you-eating-today-ipeeps-ideal-protein.html)

1LittleStar 10-13-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow2lose (Post 4861780)
How much ground beef to 1 egg? That sounds similar to what I tried and mine just fell apart - they didn't stick together at all.

Zucchini spaghetti?? Please share the recipe and thanks. :D

I think I had about a pound of ground beef and one egg. My kids eat the same meatballs, so I make a big batch for the whole family. They don't stick together as well as if they had breadcrumbs, but they didn't fall apart.

Zucchini spaghetti is super easy. There is a special tool to cut the zucchini, but I don't have one. I just cut the ends off, the slice fairly thinly the long way, then make little stacks of the slices, and cut into strips. Then, put into a frying pan with olive or grape seed oil. Add pepper, salt, garlic, whatever you like, and fry for about 10-15 minutes. Depends how tender you want them. That's it. Top with tomato sauce, or EVOO and garlic, or veggies, and meatballs.

Princess Peacock 10-14-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow2lose (Post 4861798)
Can you give me the recipe for the ground beef curry? THANKS!

Easy! I brown and drain 1/2 pound hamburger (salt, pepper, onion powder). Add 1 cup diced rutabaga. Sprinkle with as much curry powder as you want, add a little water, and simmer. For my second serving of veggies I normally have something cool like a cucumber, but next time I'm going to try serving it over riced cauliflower.

Sometimes I make two servings at a time, using a full pound of ground beef. When I do this, I still use 1 cup rutabaga, and use another cup of a mixture of onions and mushrooms.

I have found precooked, diced rutabaga in a can, and that is all I buy now. No more hacking away at a fresh one.

slow2lose 10-14-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Peacock (Post 4861862)
Easy! I brown and drain 1/2 pound hamburger (salt, pepper, onion powder). Add 1 cup diced rutabaga. Sprinkle with as much curry powder as you want, add a little water, and simmer. For my second serving of veggies I normally have something cool like a cucumber, but next time I'm going to try serving it over riced cauliflower.

Sometimes I make two servings at a time, using a full pound of ground beef. When I do this, I still use 1 cup rutabaga, and use another cup of a mixture of onions and mushrooms.

I have found precooked, diced rutabaga in a can, and that is all I buy now. No more hacking away at a fresh one.

Rutabaga in a can!!?? I can get my husband to put away his axe!! :D

I love and have been missing curry so thanks for this!

slow2lose 10-14-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LittleStar (Post 4861805)
I think I had about a pound of ground beef and one egg. My kids eat the same meatballs, so I make a big batch for the whole family. They don't stick together as well as if they had breadcrumbs, but they didn't fall apart.

Zucchini spaghetti is super easy. There is a special tool to cut the zucchini, but I don't have one. I just cut the ends off, the slice fairly thinly the long way, then make little stacks of the slices, and cut into strips. Then, put into a frying pan with olive or grape seed oil. Add pepper, salt, garlic, whatever you like, and fry for about 10-15 minutes. Depends how tender you want them. That's it. Top with tomato sauce, or EVOO and garlic, or veggies, and meatballs.

Awesome - thanks so much. I'm not a huge fan of zucchini so this might make it more palatable. And I'll give the meatballs another try.

lisa32989 10-14-2013 02:37 PM

RE: Veggie cheese
That would only be IP-compliant for P3-4

I know not everyone is on the same Phase in this thread

ems70508 10-14-2013 02:56 PM

I want to try the mug cake tonight using the following recipe:

1pkg choc drink mix
1 egg white
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp olive oil
1tsp splenda/stevia
splash of vanilla

Anyone have it another way? Maybe something to add to it? Let me know, i'm excited to try it this evening-also nervous about it flowing over the cup! haha

Princess Peacock 10-14-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow2lose (Post 4861947)
Rutabaga in a can!!?? I can get my husband to put away his axe!! :D

I love and have been missing curry so thanks for this!

It's the Margaret Holmes brand and I have found it in Walmart and at Albertsons.

katsassy 10-14-2013 10:08 PM

I am looking for help with snow crabs. Does anyone know the amount of snow crabs for 8 ounces. thanks debbie

lisa32989 10-15-2013 08:11 PM

Yum!

B: spinach/dark chocolate/decaf smoothie
L: quest bar/marinated cucumbers (oops! Just realized I'm out of cukes. Luckily there is a Farmer's Market tomorrow!)
D: Steelhead Trout on the grill, roasted Kholrabi
S: frozen chocolate shake EDITED: chocolate "brownie" muffins with WF caramel. I was making potato/zucchini muffins for the rest of the week so I decided to make "brownies"

I cubed & roasted the Kholrabi, sprayed w/garlic EVOO. It was reminicent of roasted potatoes. Next time I'll roast a bit longer and I won't be able to tell the difference (of course, it's been over a year since I've had potatoes, I'm going solely on memory, but I've had MORE than my share of potatoes in my lifetime so I'm pretty sure I remember what they taste like.)

Justdoinit 10-15-2013 08:17 PM

I love this thread since it gives me new ideas for recipes. Here is today

B: EAS chocolate RTD w/ decaf and spinach
L: Leftover chicken & sausage gumbo w/ cauliflower rice
D: Turkey Big Mac in a Bowl
S: Pudding

On the menu for tomorrow--Crab cakes!:broc:

Justdoinit 10-15-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4862226)
I want to try the mug cake tonight using the following recipe:

1pkg choc drink mix
1 egg white
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp olive oil
1tsp splenda/stevia
splash of vanilla

Anyone have it another way? Maybe something to add to it? Let me know, i'm excited to try it this evening-also nervous about it flowing over the cup! haha

How was it? I throw in Cheyenne pepper for some kick.

Meeshellee 10-15-2013 11:30 PM

I just made the mug cake with the pineapple banana drink. (I was out of chocolate). It was better than expected. Drizzled with a little WF caramel syrup. Yum!

ems70508 10-16-2013 09:26 AM

Justdoinit and Meeshellee It tasted good but definitely came out more like bread to me. It was almost 'rubbery' around the edges but I ate it anyway because I didn't want to waste a packet and the taste was not bad. Just a really different texture. I don't have texture issues so it was cool! lol.

I did it in a fairly large cereal bowl for fear of overflow. I also put a plate underneath it. It did not flow out of the bowl but did puff up like a balloon! When I opened the microwave door it all deflated! Maybe the 3 minutes was too long and that's why it was bread like?

I would probably try it again and just cook it less next time. I'll try the cayenne next time too!

Justdoinit 10-17-2013 08:01 PM

So I finally found the correct blade for my Cuisinart, and I made enough cauliflower rice for the whole fam--they love it!
B--EAS/decaf/spinach smoothie
L--Salad with 2oz. crab pattie
D--Leftover chicken/sausage gumbo with cauliflower rice
S--My badly deflated Chocolate mug cake. I did not add the cayenne either, and I think my microwave needs only about 2 minutes

wantanewme 10-17-2013 08:15 PM

B- IP vanilla drink mixed with cold decaf coffee
L- IP rotini mixed with a couple of spoons of leftover spicy ground chicken from last night. A cucumber sprinkled with salt.

S- IP peanut butter crunch bar
D- hard boiled eggs, roasted mushrooms, salad.

I usually make more of a dinner but my husband had a business meeting so I kept it real simple!