Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 6/19/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #2  

Good morning
What are YOU doing to stay OP today?

Is today's food planned?

Planning is the biggest tool for me. When I plan ahead, I am in charge of the food. When I don't plan ahead, the food takes over. When I am making dinner or cleaning the kitchen ( if not before), I plan tomorrow. That way I make sure I have everything I need. Most of the meals I make are for multiple days. Some people call it "leftovers" --I call it convenience food!

If we are throwing something on the grill for dinner, something else goes on the grill too! Tonite it is brats (4) for DH and burgers (6) for me. We'll have homemade sauerkraut with that and some veggies I pick up at this afternoon's farmers market (fresh, local, organic)

Breakfast will be my favorite p3 breakfast and lunch will be chicken salad on a bed of lettuce. I cooked a whole chicken the other day (frozen, straight in the crockpot til done- so easy) for the chicken salad plus I used the carcass to make broth. I freeze the broth in ice cube trays for convenient use in cooking and recipes. Anything to make things convenient later using fresh, whole foods. I'm not just getting thinner-- I'm getting healthier!

I encourage you to use the tools on this forum, including the all the recipe threads & the WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY thread. It is a helpful planner, plus if you read through it, there are some Great ideas!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #3  
flubadub15

S/C/G: 152/137.5/135

Height: 5' 2"

Second week on the protocol and coping well. Down 5 lbs. I feel good but get a bad slump mid afternoon. Yeasterday I tried the salt in a glass of water and it seemed to work but today my fingers are swollen. Any suggestions ??

Last edited by flubadub15; 06-19-2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #4  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

I went for my weigh in yesterday and confessed all to my coach. I have been going through a tough emotional ride and been eating some bad food to make me feel "better". After a long chat, we decided I fase out and see how I feel on maintenance. If need be, when things are more settled, I can always go back and loose that last 20lbs. She also said that I will likely continue to lose. I also plan on putting exercise back to feel better. Wish me luck. I'm stuck between feeling like I've given in and given up on myself, but I can't seem to stay OP on this emotional rollercoaster....
Old 06-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #5  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Lisa, you hit the nail on the head! Planning is key. This is my first week of overnight travel for work, since starting IP. So far I have only done day trips. I found this great kale, spinach, chard mix and pre-measured 2 cup amounts into ziplocs. I made my oil and vinegar dressing and packed a cooler with my RTD's for the week. Unfortunately, i am staying in a town with limited resources. So, for dinner each night I am doing the Subway chicken chopped salad. Seems to be working great! I just had to do some planning!

I have been feeling very tired in the last week or so, but I have seen many posts that it is not uncommon for this periodically while OP. I have also noticed an increase in hunger during the same time. I have increased my water and had to eat a portion of my restricted mid-afternoon, as i was feeling shaky several times. Almost like I felt during week 1. Hopefully this will resolve soon. It is kind of a flu like feeling? Any time I have mentioned feeling nauseous or flu like to my coach she says it is not normal at this point and seems so surprised by it. As others have mentioned, i also go back and forth between the big C, and the complete opposite. My coach also acts totally surprised that this could happen. As though no one else has ever had this happen.

For the most part, I have been feeling very well though. My heartburn has almost completely disappeared, as have my migraines. My night sweats and hot flashes have
returned though....darn it. lol.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/175/145

Height: 5'3"

I dont know who posted the recipe for the zucchini potato muffins and said that she cooks a whole pan (4 servings) at once...I did that last night and I just wanted to know how you store them...in the refrigerator? In tupperware? Do they stay for 4 days ok? I wrapped mine in tinfoil and put them in the refrigerator...

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Lisa,
Reading through other threads you have commented on I was wondering about being hot? Since I started IP I can get very very hot, I am 40 and my TOM is very regular so I do not think it is menopose. (Hope I spelled that right, lol) I read on a thread you had thyroid issues and I thought I understood that getting hot can be a sign? Is tht correct or did I misunderstand? Thanks for your help.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #8  

Dak1lls
Has your doctor done a blood work-up, including a thyroid panel? Can't hurt to make sure everything is looking normal...low carb can be hard on some people's thyroid and that's something you don't want to mess with. A good coach would have been recommending medical follow-up when you discussed those symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barri1970 View Post
I dont know who posted the recipe for the zucchini potato muffins and said that she cooks a whole pan (4 servings) at once...I did that last night and I just wanted to know how you store them...in the refrigerator? In tupperware? Do they stay for 4 days ok? I wrapped mine in tinfoil and put them in the refrigerator...
I store mine in Rubbermaid or ziploc in the refrigerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Lisa,
Reading through other threads you have commented on I was wondering about being hot? Since I started IP I can get very very hot, I am 40 and my TOM is very regular so I do not think it is menopose. (Hope I spelled that right, lol) I read on a thread you had thyroid issues and I thought I understood that getting hot can be a sign? Is tht correct or did I misunderstand? Thanks for your help.
Actually, I was getting ice cold
The heat could be the excess estrogen coming out of the fat you're burning. So, basically an estrogen surge all the time. Happened to me at first (before the big chill)

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-19-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Lisa: You are absolutely right on the planning. I don't recall who suggested sorting my food by day in labeled ziploc bags but it makes my mornings so much easier! The night before I put lettuce in a tub and add 2 cups of various veggies we chopped over the weekend and in the morning it's grab and go.

I also plan menus a week in advance and post them on the fridge so I know what is planned each day and so does dh. Sometimes we mix things up a little but at least there is a plan and we actually do pretty well with it.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Good morning, all! It took me a few false starts but I'm back on the wagon now since my life has calmed down a bit. I think my body missed IP- I lost 3.2 lbs in my first day! Luckily I was already eating relatively low carb so the side effects have been minimal.

Quick question: Anyone tried the medical unflavored syntrax nectar? I tried SO HARD to like the other flavors but I just can't do it. I'm wondering if adding the unflavored to some kind of drink (iced coffee maybe?) would work. I know you can't add it to hot beverages but maybe iced coffee- or any other ideas? I'm just wondering if you can taste it because I haven't had good experiences with that nectar taste!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Looking great Lisa.

Had my breakfast this morning and I'm drinking my coffee now. I re started Monday and had the long forgotten nasty headache and goofiness, forgetfulness. I was actually happy because I knew it was working. The headache was gone this morning when I woke up but it's back now along with some hunger but It reminded me that "Feeling short term hunger pangs on a daily basis is NORMAL" -Wimpster

The scale has already moved five pounds and I had to take my watch band in a notch this morning! I know some of that's water but that's totally cool.

So have an awesome IP day. I have a GNC RTD vanilla lean shake in my future for a snack and a green salad with EVOO and Vinegar for dressing with a few ounces of grilled chicken breast for lunch.

July 28th through August 3rd I will be at Boy Scout camp with my son and his troop for a week. I want to break into the 200's by then. Setting short term goals is important for me!

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-19-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone!! Have a great Wednesday!

Tomorrow is my WI and I'm a bit excited! Hoping I have lost a few inches to go with the pounds. I have to admit that IP (or alternatives that I''m doing) seems to be one of the easiest weight loss programs I have ever been on so far! I love it!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning happy IPers! WI 3 of the big ole restart gave me 0.6. I'll take it. Pants are looser and this is the longest I've been OP since February. Is it easy? no. Is it worth it? Yes! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #14  
Started ip 4/15/2013

S/C/G: 157/150/120

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
I went for my weigh in yesterday and confessed all to my coach. I have been going through a tough emotional ride and been eating some bad food to make me feel "better". After a long chat, we decided I fase out and see how I feel on maintenance. If need be, when things are more settled, I can always go back and loose that last 20lbs. She also said that I will likely continue to lose. I also plan on putting exercise back to feel better. Wish me luck. I'm stuck between feeling like I've given in and given up on myself, but I can't seem to stay OP on this emotional rollercoaster....
Good for you...Just remeber you have worked hard to be were you are now and do not give up on yourself. Besides Post divorcees are alway super sexy looking

I did not usually really plan my meals as hubby and i worked from home. As of today that has changed and i think i'll send some extra meat with hubby for his salad even though he is on phase 1 but i hope it will help him from cheating. For me i'll have a salad and a shake.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #15  
IP Start Date: 6/6/13

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Not losing :(

I am 2 weeks into IP and have been successfully moving down on the scale, although the past 2 days have been stagnant and I have been following the plan 100%. Any ideas as to why I'm not losing?

Last edited by trimama; 06-19-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Closed Thread