Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 7/26/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #2  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I started IP in July of 2010, and lost 55 pounds by December of that year, going from 178 to 123.

The weight has crept back on, due to lack of self control. I restarted IP using alternative products on July 22nd.

I'm happy to be back OP!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #3  
IP start: 7/2/13

S/C/G: 200/164.5/130

Height: 5'6" Age: 35

Good luck, amylew!

Honestly, that is my biggest fear - that I won't be able to maintain once I reach goal. I just started IP at the beginning of this month and can see that clearly it works, so I'm not worried about that. But the idea of "life after diet" is already freaking me out a little bit, and I've still got a long way to go. In reading the maintenance threads on this site, I see that it CAN be done - I just hope I can do it!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #4  

Hello and Good Day all..

i think its everyone's fear to lose control again and re-gain the weight. This protocol or plan or lifestyle change really does open your eyes tho, and provides you with the power to know you, you are able to do it.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #5  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning. One of the benefits of doing IP is that my migraines (which were becoming more frequent, and debilitating) have disappeared. However, for the last week I have had a few minor headaches. I assumed it was not enough salt intake, from the previous day, and after having salt in my morning drink, they seemed to go away.

Yesterday I had a whopper of a migraine. I had plenty of salt and water and with the exceptionof trying coconut oil over the last few week, I haven't done anything differently.

My blood pressure was 87/56 yesterday, which is low for me even. It usually runs at around 102/72. I have never taken BP meds so I don't know what would cause it to be so low. I will monitor and if it stays low will go see the doc.

Has anyone else had blood pressure drops, or perhaps problems with coconut oil?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #6  

One of my co workers who has done IP successfully has told me her BP is that low at the end of phase 4....she feels fine tho, so is not overly worried about it....

i only like the smell of coconut oil/butter i have never eaten it or cooked with it to my knowledge.

even tho you are taking in the recommended salt, and some claim the sodium content in IP is high for them, this really is a lower salt diet for me compared to all the crap i used to fuel my body with....that alone could just be a shock to your system. I would say if you haven't see your GP since starting IP, that it might be wise to juts touch base and make sure everything is okay.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petchef
I also posted this question on an older phase 3 thread.

Background: I've been on IP almost one full year. I've been hovering at the same weight for about two months, so like a few others here, I decided to cycle off for a couple of months, maintain where I am and then come back to phase 1 to see if I can drop the last 15 lbs. I've lost 72 lbs and over 100 inches. I'm off all high blood pressure, cholesterol, acid reflux and diabetes medications -- that happened in the first 3 months of IP. Other than the headache/flu symptoms of the first few days, I've felt terrific on IP.

I had my first phase 3 breakfast this morning. Within 30 minutes I had severe heartburn/acid reflux. Prior to IP I was on Prilosec full time. Three weeks into the program I was able to stop using it. I was so uncomfortable today that I couldn't eat lunch and ended up taking a Pepcid Complete. My coach/Dr's office had no input for me other than to omit the fruit tomorrow.

Here's what I ate:
2 slices of Udi's gluten free whole grain bread (20 g carbs)
1 whole egg
1 slice low fat cheese
1 slice fat free ham
1 cup mixed strawberries & blueberries (about 15 carbs)
3 T. FF Greek yogurt

Anyone else have heartburn in phase 3? What the heck?? Maybe I can't eat fruit or even GF bread. I have to say that while I was eating it, this breakfast was amazing. The fruit alone was to die for -- after having had zero for a year. Then 30 minutes later I felt like I was, lol! Thanks for any suggestions.
I experienced this problem too, in May and June (it is coming back again this week, too). Went to read some natural health and some other low carb sites b/c MDs just don't know squat about natural health and nutrition. I was looking for solutions, rather than the symptom-reduction given by meds. I posted the info in the 100% thread

I also looked in the Phase 3 breakfast ideas thread, b/c that is the most recent Phase 3 thread, but I didn't post about it there. I guess I should copy it there

Here is one of my posts about it http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4778000-post87.html. I'll find the others and edit this post to update.

Edit
Finding more of my posts from a month-ago on the subject
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4777911-post125.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4778008-post127.html

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-26-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Good morning. One of the benefits of doing IP is that my migraines (which were becoming more frequent, and debilitating) have disappeared. However, for the last week I have had a few minor headaches. I assumed it was not enough salt intake, from the previous day, and after having salt in my morning drink, they seemed to go away.

Yesterday I had a whopper of a migraine. I had plenty of salt and water and with the exceptionof trying coconut oil over the last few week, I haven't done anything differently.

My blood pressure was 87/56 yesterday, which is low for me even. It usually runs at around 102/72. I have never taken BP meds so I don't know what would cause it to be so low. I will monitor and if it stays low will go see the doc.

Has anyone else had blood pressure drops, or perhaps problems with coconut oil?
I've never read any blood pressure probs with coconut oil but it CAN help clear out a candida overgrowth, which could cause temporary headaches.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #9  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning ya'll! Down again today! My reward for myself for losing 40 pounds is a 90 minute massage at my favorite spa. Well, I'm now 3.6 lb away from that goal, so I'm going to schedule it for next Friday & work my butt off to get there by then! I also ordered a smaller pair of jeans online that will be here the end of next week... let's see if they fit by then!

I have fallen victim to the failure of maintenance. I did the hCG program, lost 65lb, gained back 70lb. It was really rough, mostly because I had thrown out all clothes that would fit me at my starting weight, and I was embarrassed. BUT my MIND was not in it. Once I got to my goal, I said "ive been starving for a year, i'm going to eat whatever I want!" I was young, didn't realize how fast it would all come back. I turned 25 in may, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm not getting any younger, and I need to get this under control before it gets really hard. So my mind is set. I'm going to live healthy, for me, for my future children, and for my family. Heart disease is prevalent in my family history, and I want to try and fight it as best I can. Starting with IP!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #10  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Once I got to my goal, I said "ive been starving for a year, i'm going to eat whatever I want!"
This thought is whole reason I have never kept weight off in the past. I would diet then revert back to eating all the junk that put the weight on in the first place. But I've finally had it and I am determined to change. And since I have so much to lose (140lbs) this time around, I NEVER want to have to lose this much weight again so I had to change the way I think about not just food but also weight gain.

This way of thinking is what helps me when I'm scared of gaining the weight back. I've realized that I will never truly be off IP. When I hit maintenance, I will do my best to follow phase 4 for the rest of my life, but I will inevitably stray and put on a few pounds. I know this and I accept this. The old me would just get upset but would never do anything to lose the weight. The new me will take action! I will monitor my weight and set a maximum weight gain limit (when the clothes get tight), then I will add in Ph 1, Ph 2 and Ph 3 into my eating habits as needed to shed any excess pounds right away.

I wish you the best of luck losing your remaining weight and I hope you can find a way that works for you!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
The new me will take action! I will monitor my weight and set a maximum weight gain limit (when the clothes get tight), then I will add in Ph 1, Ph 2 and Ph 3 into my eating habits as needed to shed any excess pounds right away.

this is exactly how im looking at this whole process....i've been overweight far too long...and do not EVER wish to get back to this place again..

good get to the finish line first

@Lisa you're so right about how MD's/PCP are not very educated about diet/nutrition
Old 07-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #12  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

@Nalaroo- you've hit it right on the head! I can't even tell you how much of a mental issue weight loss/maintenance really is. To stay on a plan, and keep a completely different set of habits when its done is 100% dependent on if you put your mind to it.

we all can do it! I have faith! The struggle ends NOW! )
Old 07-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/182/150

Height: 5'5"

Had my weigh in today and am down nearly 4lbs this week - woop woop. On a mission to loose another 14lbs before I go on vacation to visit my husbands family in 4 weeks time. I have struggled with temptation this week but didnt cheat with carbs (couple extra slices of turkey and vodka diet soda cheat last weekend). Feels good!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

One week down; 7 lbs gone. Mentally ready to do this; as mentioned above, that is the BIGGEST factor. Realizing how many activities revolve around food: church gatherings, fairs, television commercials. I have had to turn off the TV! Have brought out the knitting and crochet to keep my hands busy in the evenings.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #15  

I've been doing the "poor peoples" version of IP from the start, so I am 100% alternative. Just discovered Shirataki noodles - 0 calories, gluten/soy free, 0 carbs, 0 protein...basically a "nothing" food, BUT it adds bulk so it is filling, making those mid meal cravings much easier to handle. So far I've added it to my lunch time soup and protein/veggie dinner. Try as I might, I can't find a valid reason NOT to use this on IP
To you IP pros - am I missing something or does this seem OK?
IF OK - I just got mine thru a Groupon.com offer...24 variety pack - 6 each of angel hiair, rice, fettuccinni, ziti.
I promoise I have no affiliation with Groupon.
Looking forward to reply.
Closed Thread