Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #361  

Height: 5'4"

Joining in too - 100% no cheats since I started June 25th!

Jo
Old 08-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Littlestar, eggs are my go to dinner on nights like that too. Great job!

This is the first diet where I have ever been 100%, have never cheated since day one. My biggest victory was making through a week long road trip and wedding. Packed all my veggies and raided the hotel breakfast boiled egg stash daily. I used to live for cake and didn't feel like I suffered when I had strawberry wafers instead of wedding cake!
Congrats on staying 100%, especially with a trip and wedding! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Lisa - Congratulations on your loss! I love your comment about the "extras". I have been afraid to keep any extra IP packets at work because I was afraid I might be too tempted, but I know I'm past that point now. I am starting to have a little more self control when it comes to food.

My losses have been slow these past four weeks (avg 1.4 lb/wk), but I can't complain since I did have major surgery two weeks ago. I managed to stay on plan through it all. Now I'm really hoping that I start losing a little faster. Patience, patience, patience...
Wow, staying OP despite surgery, and still losing a good amount. You must have done lots of planning. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
On day one on IP I realized I was going to have to find creative recipes or I would never be able to stay OP. This site has been invaluable in helping me to do that. Along the way I realized that it is a life change for me, and not just a diet. So the new recipes and ways to cook have not only helped me stay OP, but are helping to educate me on a life of maintenance.

The first time I checked out Rainbow's Mix'n In the Kitch'n recipe thread I was amazed! Thanks so much to you Rainbow. Last night I tried the coconut rice with cauliflower and it was great.

DH and I received an invitation to a summer bash on the 17th and we were discussing how to plan for it so we can stay OP. What a change from how we would have NOT planned in the past. Plus, we are doing this together!
I also love Rainbow's recipes and her beautiful pictures! That's great that your hubby is doing it with you. What great support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Joining in. No cheating here.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkids View Post
Newbie here! I have completed 3 100% OP days & am starting my 4th. My goal is to stay 100% so I can drop the 25 pounds I gained in the last 2 1/2 years. So easy to put on & I'm hoping that IP will make it easy to get off & keep off!
I go back to work Monday & my kkids join me the next Monday. Looking forward to an energizing year with my 5 year olds! I heard I have 23 so far which is more than usual; I had 16 last year!!
23 5 year olds! You are a superwoman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
whats up 100% IP peeps!? Monday will complete my 12th week on IP!! I'd say about 95% of that time I've been 100%! I'm at the midpoint between my start weight & goal weight, as well as the midpoint between my start date & phase out date (Halloween). I want to phase to phase 2 November 1st so that by the time Thanksgiving and the holidays roll around, i'll be in phase 4 and be able to handle the temptations. At first I thought there was no way I could actually reach my goal by then. But by golly, things are going WAYYY better than expected!! And I completely believe that is because of how well I've been able to stay OP! Props to everyone who has also been doing so well! GO US!!
You are doing great in 12 weeks! Congrats on your success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegirl9 View Post
Hi there. I've been lurking, too. I almost posted here last week when I overcame a big temptation -- on the way back home from Mt. Rainier with my dad, his caregiver and my cousin, we stopped at a local restaurant where their specialty was homemade wild blackberry pie. You could tell it was good because they had people lined up out the door for take-out orders. Man, did I want that pie! But not only did I not eat any, not even a nibble, I sat and watched while the 3 of them (at my urging/with my blessing) ate large slabs of pie with vanilla ice cream. Luckily I had an IP caramel nut bar to enjoy while they were having their pie. The waitress was most impressed.

That's great that you stayed OP despite the temptation! And great planning to have the bar available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Hello All! I've been pretty busy lately with work, kids & travel so not checking in here as often. I was shocked to see so many new folks joining the 100% thread. That's a good thing to see so many joining.

I'm still plugging along in maintenance. I'm really happy to say that I have seen huge improvements in my skin firming up and no more face wrinkles. I wonder if the addition of healthy fats in my diet is what contributed to that.

Lisa it's about time for a new comparison pic. Your last one is from June.

Monica so glad you are doing well.
Hi Ragdoll. Nice to hear about the skin and wrinkles. And agree that we need a new pic from Lisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyllf2 View Post
I've been lurking for about 10 days now, ever since the cardiologist suggested I start the program. I'm now on day 4. No cheats. Had a few moments feeling like I wanted to be "normal" so I drank a diet coke. So far so good. I'm inspired by so many stories on here.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
Joining as well... not worth it to cheat
You are right, so not worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
I've been doing this for almost 7 weeks now...the only cheat is RTD vanilla in my coffee ....basically putting me at extra calories etc for the day....so today im re-start to trying to fall in love with BLACK coffee

I'm not much of a cook ....so tho rainbow's stuff looks amazing as well as the Finnish's guy's thread....i'm hesitate to try out too many new recipes. The muffins are amazing tho My gold is to one day win the powerball and hire a chef to cook IP friendly recipes for me lol
I didn't try too many recipes at first either. There's lots to try without all the recipes. But I highly recommend the breadsticks made of potato purée. They are really easy, and taste amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Yes Lisa...thanks for reminding us all...I feel as though some discussion threads elsewhere have been hijacked recently...and decided to not get sucked in anymore...so I like how you think...Thanks!
Hi 65X65. This is a great thread to get away from all of that! Even if I don have lots of time, I try to read the 100% thread everyday.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Joining in too - 100% no cheats since I started June 25th!

Jo
Welcome Jo! Congrats on the 100%!! Love your username
Old 08-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #364  

I'm amazed at the newcomers who come in here. Congrats!

I read this thread for a MONTH after starting IP. I just didn't trust myself to stay OP so challenged myself to 30 days OP before posting on this thread. I KNOW it can be done!

65x65:
I havent' commented nearly as much on some threads as I used to. I have a "line" I tell myself but I can't say it here. It probably wouldn't be well received
Old 08-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #365  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome to all the newcomers! This is a great place for inspiration and staying 100% OP!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to all the new 100% I peeps! Its a great thread and I always feel compelled to post my good news here. Must be the positive vibes.

Her it is:
Last night a nice young man showed up at my house and took away my CPAP machine. I don't need it anymore! Got results from my July sleep study from doc this week.

1 episode per hour!! 5 or less is considered normal. I'm normal!!! At my highest weight when I got the machine my first sleep study showed 35 + episodes of stopped breathing per hour! Quite an improvement. Good riddance to the CPAP!!!

I love the changes that losing weight is making to my health. IP rocks! Being 100% helped me get here in less than 10 months!

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #367  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Congrats Onmyway - what a great achievement! I cannot imagine how good it felt to say bye to the machine!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Welcome to all the new 100% I peeps! Its a great thread and I always feel compelled to post my good news here. Must be the positive vibes.

Her it is:
Last night a nice young man showed up at my house and took away my CPAP machine. I don't need it anymore! Got results from my July sleep study from doc this week.

1 episode per hour!! 5 or less is considered normal. I'm normal!!! At my highest weight when I got the machine my first sleep study showed 35 + episodes of stopped breathing per hour! Quite an improvement. Good riddance to the CPAP!!!

I love the changes that losing weight is making to my health. IP rocks! Being 100% helped me get here in less than 10 months!

Happy weekend everyone!
HURRAY for YOU!!!

I have a CPAP and am waiting anxiously for the same thing! I had a colonoscopy last month and the anesthesioligist was asking about my CPAP (I had forgotten to bring it). She said Ididn't "look" like the kind of person who would need it... based on neck size, jawline, and "my weight" !! And after the procedure, she said that I didn't have any episodes while I was out. I was very excited and did try sleeping without it just to see. Hubby said I was fairly quiet until early in the morning and then did start snoring. So maybe (fingers CROSSED), I am very close to getting rid of it. I will have a sleep study done when I hit my goal weight.

You and I are same height and I have dropped from 245 to 215 (then started IP) to 175 now. Just want to chip away about 10 more pounds and see what happens. Being 100% so I can phase off by vacation in mid-Sept and then come back if needed to finish goal.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #369  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Laurie -

Thank you -

I was 292 at my heaviest. My neck measurement is down 3.5 inches since I started IP. When I had my original sleep study to see if had OSA it was so bad that the nurse woke me up and started treatment right there.

Do they read your machines memory? Dr. should be able to tell how many episodes your are having by that - and see if he wants to do another formal sleep study. My final sleep study was a home one it was much easier than spending the night t the sleep clinic. Dr. office lends out the machine and teaches how to hook up all the parts and I got to sleep in my own bed while it recorded everything for 2 nights. Pretty amazing.

I hope you are rid of your machine soon. It feels so good. It must have made you feel good when they said you didn't look like you should have sleep apnea. You are really getting close to your goal - Good for you!

I picked 160 as a goal. I think by BMI for our height normal is 159ish. I'm happy here - I was 155.4 on my scale this AM - Tomorrow will be my 6th day of phase 3. You'll be here with me before you know it.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #370  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Hi!
I am still only on my third week and have too much invested mentally and monetary to NOT be 100% committed - I have failed at so much in the past and it is no longer an option! I finally want to be myself again more than I want crap food.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #371  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

I am still pretty new to this thread as well, but I am glad to see so many people super committed! It is hard to explain to people at work how different I feel this week from the week before I started. I have to tell you, my coworkers have been an unexpected part of my success. They are all so excited for me and encouraging. I work in a very young/professional/competitive place and while we have nothing to do with fashion, fashion is one more way to display competence, skill, and adeptness. My direct boss is probably one of the best dressed people in our office (very large subgroup of the whole org). I never felt like I could compete before (which was mental... not anyone's influence but my own). Now, I can't stop shopping and every day for the last 2 weeks I have worn at least 1 new thing. I LOVE HOW I LOOK, and I know it will only get better. And it helps that the super fashionistas at work are constantly flattering my new outfit/better fit. So... I am 100% IP OP, and 100% cheating on my closet with new clothes. lol.
My husband is very supportive of me losing weight... he is less supportive of my new shopping addiction. lol. Though, the outfits I brought home last night he was pretty impressed with. I bought a dress and a skirt for the first time in YEARS.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #372  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

One of my mini goals is to post on this thread. I am waiting until I have a few weeks of 100%OP before I post daily. Looking forward. So far so good. Good luck you inspirational bunch of people!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #373  
Started IP 5/18/13

S/C/G: 238/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Another 100%-er here too since Day 1 - 5/18/13! It's the only way!!!

Congrats to everyone and keep it going!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
I am still pretty new to this thread as well, but I am glad to see so many people super committed! It is hard to explain to people at work how different I feel this week from the week before I started. I have to tell you, my coworkers have been an unexpected part of my success. They are all so excited for me and encouraging. I work in a very young/professional/competitive place and while we have nothing to do with fashion, fashion is one more way to display competence, skill, and adeptness. My direct boss is probably one of the best dressed people in our office (very large subgroup of the whole org). I never felt like I could compete before (which was mental... not anyone's influence but my own). Now, I can't stop shopping and every day for the last 2 weeks I have worn at least 1 new thing. I LOVE HOW I LOOK, and I know it will only get better. And it helps that the super fashionistas at work are constantly flattering my new outfit/better fit. So... I am 100% IP OP, and 100% cheating on my closet with new clothes. lol.
My husband is very supportive of me losing weight... he is less supportive of my new shopping addiction. lol. Though, the outfits I brought home last night he was pretty impressed with. I bought a dress and a skirt for the first time in YEARS.
Lauran...GOOD FOR YOU!!! I am impressed (respect!!) how you have jumped in and LEARNED so much about how this diet works and initially shared your inexperience and now are showing honest experience and encouragement with other new members. As for the clothing...it is an important part of becoming who you are and will be in a few months. Waiting until you are at goal is daunting enough...then having to add the clothing/wardrobe factor on top of that can be a bit overwhelming. Self confidence is a gradual thing...it doesn't come one morning after you jump on the scale and say "yay...I'm there!" ...how you look IS a reflection of how you are feeling on this journey and if your husband is supportive and your budget allows...to me it makes a huge difference to get that piece under control and figure out who you are in the fashion world. Once you arrive at goal..and are maintaining..(as we see by our friends here...a battle for another day......) you can be feeling strong and comfortable in your skin. Don't know if that makes sense?

My own experience bears this out. Although I am retired..find with the many social activities there is time for at last...I'm busy almost every day with something. Love having a great wardrobe...and meeting people for coffee to discuss books, plays and other areas of interest. It make my life a lot more fun. We live in a small town with a major university and there is a lot to do..for anyone who wants to be busy.....almost all the time. Students for fall are returning in about 10 days..but the summer sessions are on going. I WEAR JEANS!! Chicos 00 !! I went in to my old work place before I went to Tx last month as the woman who had reported to me for the longest was retiring...It was wonderful to see so many staff...and the most common comment was "OMG....where'd Kg (my initials and signature for 30 years..) go??" My husband is very supportive of the shopping and we joke about it. Our kids are gone and it's not the strain it would be for a young family.. ...but to tell you the truth....We'd figure it out as he DOES see the value, I am lucky and I know it. (Almost 44 years). Sounds like you are too.....

Initially when the need arose, shopped in really nice resale boutiques..and yes..those things got too big very FAST and some were worn for only a few weeks...It's OK. Give yourself permission to look nice. Pass 'em on to the next person...!! Goodwill or resell...it's FINE. Now I have trouble because of my size..so look for and take advantage of sales...yesterday found black Rafaella capris for $6.99...New at local mall. They only had size 2P and 4P left... in black or red. Since I'll need capris almost year round in Texas when visiting there....planning to leave some basic things at my daughter's to make travel with just a carry-on easy.

You GO...!! Enjoy the shopping trips and knowing.....you look MAH-VALOUS...!!! And keep up the good work. You'll hit goal and that's just the beginning of a whole new mindset and way of thinking about everything. Learning to be comfortable and handle how you look is a MOST important piece of this journey!!

Last edited by 65X65; 08-10-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #375  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Congrats onmyway!
Closed Thread