Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #1  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Default Back on IP and a rutabaga question

Went on a 2 week Mediterranean cruise and ate my face off and gained 8 pounds - YIKES!! Now I'm back on Phase 1 to take it off.

I cooked one pound of rutabaga in the oven tonight and ate the whole thing!!! It wasn't my intent but it happened.

It had 160 cals and 36 grams of carbs and my weigh in is tomorrow. Is that going to hamper my results? I didn't have any other veggies today and was on plan except for eating 3 times as much rutabaga as I should have.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #2  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

I can't say for sure either way how this will effect you. If you had no other carbs for the entire day, you would still be fairly close to the limit that IP suggests. Let's consider you had to of had more carbs than that because there is some small amount in all the packets. Also you had all those carbs all at once. So in theory while you might of been close to your limit for your body (because we don't know your individual tolerance level.) Sending it all at once may put you out of ketosis or may not. I think the real question you should be asking, and of yourself mostly is "Why did you eat it all at once? How can I adjust so that I do not repeat this?"

This diet, heck any diet is a whole lot more mental work than anyone who has never been on a diet thinks. Take the personal responsibility to really figure out the why and figure out a plan to avoid this in the future. Mistakes happen to all of us, the secret is in learning from them. Once you figure it out, don't stress over it because it's already done and hopefully a thing of the past.
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Agree with MntRose.

Also, I remember when you first started...look at you cooking a rutabaga!

Do you enjoy cooking more now?
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

If you would take a step back and look what you have written, you would realize just how silly your question is. If you are a pound heavier, will you crash and burn and stuff yourself until you regained all of your weight? Is this one time going to decide everything? Seriously. You ate a pound of veggies. That is all. Do you want to focus your entire life on some artificial weigh in dates? I still hope you enjoyed your cruise. Life is too short to stress about 160 calories of rutabaga. If you still do, then you have another problem.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #5  
PatientDet

Default How many carbs does IP suggest

How many carbs does IP suggest?
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote