Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
As someone who has always been very active (running, swimming, triathlons), it is frustrating that the weight gain from exercising seems to be a common complaint. I am very sad indeed but, like yourself, am just going to take the time to take a break.

Totally agree with everyone's comment. I however will take the slower weight loss for the toning as inches are coming off faster. Also, 2 years ago, I was able to get a perfect time slot with the best trainer in my town. He longer takes new clients. If I were to take time off, more than a week, I would not only lose him, but lose my perfect time slots 4 times a week. I know this will be a huge part of my success after this diet, therefore I do not want to lose it or him.

I am still averaging around 2 lbs a week ( not including my month plateau) so I am happy. My arms, belly and legs are very very toned after two years, therefore I like what I see as I hear many of you talking about loose skin. I am getting many compliments on my arms and legs so that tells me alot.

In the end, it's a personal choice. Have a great week everyone.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Height: 5'3"

Just discovered that my afternoon snack packet is Raspberry jellY. I originally read it as jellO! Whoops! All the recipes I've found are for mixing the jelly with other things I don't have. Is this really jelly jelly that you wouldn't eat on its own? (If so, why do I have this on my first week when figuring it all out? grrr)

Suggestions at this point? I may just have a chocolate drink instead but am unsure what to do with the jelly at this point other than maybe making a dressing in the future when I have other ingredients. I don't currently have any other packets that would mix with this other than maybe vanilla pudding?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #78  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnerJ View Post
Just discovered that my afternoon snack packet is Raspberry jellY. I originally read it as jellO! Whoops! All the recipes I've found are for mixing the jelly with other things I don't have. Is this really jelly jelly that you wouldn't eat on its own? (If so, why do I have this on my first week when figuring it all out? grrr)

Suggestions at this point? I may just have a chocolate drink instead but am unsure what to do with the jelly at this point other than maybe making a dressing in the future when I have other ingredients. I don't currently have any other packets that would mix with this other than maybe vanilla pudding?
Hi! I love the jelly. I misread it the 1st time as well. I made it as the package said and put it in the fridge for about 40-50 minutes and it was - voila! - jello! It is pretty fantastic actually and one of my regular items.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #79  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnerJ View Post

The raspberry jelly IS jello Jelly is the "european" term for it
Old 06-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #80  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
The raspberry jelly IS jello Jelly is the "european" term for it
And JELLO is a brand name for gelatin. Kind of like saying Kleenex when you are talking about any tissue.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Having a bummed out week.
Since Jan I have lost 42 lbs. Yay for me!!! People have really started to notice. They ask me if I feel better now. I say yes because that's what they want to hear. I feel fine, not much different though. What I'm dealing with right now is weird. I am happily losing weight and inches. That's not the issue. I just don't feel good about myself.
I went from a super tight size 22 to a loose 18 or sometimes even a 16. I just don't see myself any different. Logically I know my body is smaller, I just don't feel smaller. I spent a lot of my life overweight (since 4th grade on an off) and a bunch of years at this size (16/18). I guess maybe I didn't see myself as big as I was at a 22/24 and always thought I was this size (16/18). I don't know. I just wish the funk would wear off. A couple weeks ago I was at a really great feeling place. Now I feel fat all over again. Maybe I'm just being self conscious because people are seeing the change.
I'm 100% OP and getting everything I should. It's just an emotionally bad feeling.
Just needed to put it out there.
I agree about taking pictures. I have struggled with the same feelings. I am currently 4 pounds from goal and a few days ago was looking at myself and thinking "eeewwww". Until....someone emailed a pic they took of me and my son on his 10th bday ,which was a week ago. At first I didn't know who that was in the pic with him, honestly. I was shocked when I realized it was me! The last pics I have seen of myself are my before pics and in my head I still was picturing that 178 pound person. It's amazing how much of this journey is a mind game as well. Take pics and fast! Lol!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Thanks for the quick replies, much more excited about the "Jelly" now!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #83  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Just want to introduce myself, my name is Trish and I have my first meeting tomorrow. Have been lurking on this website for over a week and I just wanted to thank you!!! I wasn't sure IP was for me but after reading all the good and the bad, lol, I think I can do it! I am 40 and have about 75 pounds to shed. So thanks for the inspiration and I hope you all have a great Monday!
WELCOME - this is an awesome place to get advise and support....I need it daily
Old 06-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #84  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Everyone loses the weight differently, so it really depends on how your body likes to store the fat. Skin is fairly thin, so if you can grab onto your belly and end up with handfuls it's probably fat. You can pinch the skin on the back of your hand to get an idea of how thin skin really is.

I have quite a bit of belly fat left, and coupled with some loose skin it's not very attractive. The good thing is clothes conceal it really well, so no one else has to see that part but me. I will not be wearing a bikini this summer!
Thanks Ragdoll for the visual. The pinch test confirms it is FAT. My body has always stored fat in the belly. So there it is, and my concern with heart disease prevention remains a primary goal.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #85  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Any ideas for IP-friendly dishes I can take to a BBQ potluck? I want to take something I can definitely eat but that other people will eat as well.

I was thinking I would make coleslaw with green and red cabbage tossed in apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, cilantro, kosher salt, pepper, olive oil.

Any other suggestions?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Hello everyone - It's a sad day for me. This morning I had to put down my favorite pair of Columbia Pants. The ones that had the extra zipper on the side that my iPhone fit in perfectly. They also had the little coin pocket tucked away inside the pocket. I will truly miss those pants. We've had a long life together (one month). I will take you back to where we first met (Goodwill). I hope you they reincarnate themselves and get reborn into a size smaller. Goodbye old friend
So sorry for your loss, you have my sympathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
Happy Monday, IPers! I tend to lurk most places except the reboot thread, but I had to share my brags.

I finally reached not only what is halfway point in my mind (I set the ticker to 140, but the goal has always been a round 80 lbs total which would be 136.5) and that was last week's WI, but this week's additional loss gets me from being offically BMI Obese to BMI Overweight.

Yay me!

I also fit into size 14 pants now. I think when I started I was either 20 or 22.

It's been a long road. And it'll be even longer. I'll be phasing down in mid July in anticipation of 40th birthday and vacation in August. I never phased down before, just suddenly went off plan and stayed that way, so hopefully phasing down will help me not gain 10 lbs back that month before I get back in to try to do a final push to lose whatever remains. I'm really hoping I'll be down to at least low 160s before I phase down, but I'm trying to rigidly control my expectations so I don't get discouraged. It just all goes so slowly, or at least that's how I feel. I thought I'd be done or very close before SIL would've had her baby last October, but then I didn't count on getting derailed due to a major death in the family last summer either.

On a completely different subject, has anyone had any back or joint issues spring up due to weight loss efforts? I had to start going to a chiro a couple weeks ago due to a hip and leg pain issue that wasn't going away, and the past couple days I feel like I have sciatic pain flaring. And when the chiro did some sort of tapping thing to my lumbar points last week, I came home and was able to really *ahem* clear out the plumbing so to speak. So now I wonder if the natural tendency towards some constipation on this diet can manifest in minor back issues.
Great job! Regarding the clearing of your pipes...depending on where your lumbar spine was adjusted (L1-L5) it will have a big impact on your colon and digestive system.

Your adjustment likely put everything "back where it should be" and it corrected your bodies ability to go to the bathroom. This is why many parents bring their infants to get adjusted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordynj View Post
Also, I know that 100% on program means 3 packets, 6 oz cooked meat, 4 cups veggies, water, and vitamins. BUT what about the more gray area stuff?
I know others have answered, but I think they overlooked the word "cooked." It is 8 oz raw but yes, generally cooked meat will be about 2 oz less. It does vary depending on type, cut and cooking method so measuring raw is always a better bet.

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 06-03-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #87  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
Any ideas for IP-friendly dishes I can take to a BBQ potluck? I want to take something I can definitely eat but that other people will eat as well.

I was thinking I would make coleslaw with green and red cabbage tossed in apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, cilantro, kosher salt, pepper, olive oil.

Any other suggestions?
There's a recipe floating around for mock potato salad made with cauliflower, I haven't tried it myself but I have heard good things about it!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
There's a recipe floating around for mock potato salad made with cauliflower, I haven't tried it myself but I have heard good things about it!
On memorial day I made a mock potato salad with roasted rutabagas, WF mayo, mustard, celery, pickles, onions and hard boiled eggs. It was yummy. However, since rutabagas have now become an occasional, I think next time I make it I will roast some cauliflower root ( the part that is left when you take off all the florets) and add that in. Love experimenting with cauliflower!!! ( And ! stand by my statement that LamberJules' cauliflower pizza recipe is TASTIER than the real thing!)
Old 06-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post

Any other suggestions?
The IP Friendly Buffalo Chicken is yummy. There is a recipe in one of the recipe threads. Sorry I can't recall which one.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #90  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymomof2 View Post
The IP Friendly Buffalo Chicken is yummy. There is a recipe in one of the recipe threads. Sorry I can't recall which one.
I made it last night actually and it was FABULOUS!

Boneless Buffalo Chicken
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks.
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup Louisiana Supreme Chicken Wing Sauce
If you cannot find: mix together 1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce, 1 tbsp. white vinegar, 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. celery seed, 1/8 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Olive oil (I use in a Misto sprayer)

Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high, then when pre-heated spray with olive oil. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add chicken breast chunks and brown on one side, approximately 4 minutes. Flip chicken and brown on other side. Cook until chicken is nearly cooked through, approximately 2 more minutes.

Add buffalo sauce to pan and stir to coat chicken. Cook for 2 additional minutes, stirring several times, allowing the sauce to begin to brown.
Closed Thread