Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #16  
Crimson

S/C/G: HW:150, SW:139, CW:120, GW:120

Height: 5'6.5"

Keep in mind that if you're doing weekly weigh-ins (it sounds like me like that's what you're doing), you might have just gotten really unlucky with getting high-fluctuation days, either those that happen randomly or hormone-related. I've been weighing every day for a little longer than 3 months, and if I just take every 7th measurement, I sure as **** would've feel discouraged much much more often and more severely. I'm not blanket-recommending daily weighing - just something to keep in mind as you interpret those weekly numbers.
alizarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #17  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Please don't give up, I know this is hard. My week two, four and seven were disappointing as well. I have a 100+ pounds left to lose and I haven't been able to lose it no matter what else I've tried. I've lost more pounds in the seven weeks of IP than I did with a two days a week personal trainer plus six days a week cardio and dieting for a year. I think of all that hard work I put in just put the weight back on because I didn't have the tools to keep it off. IP will get you there if you let it.

I've been having some down days this week because I only lost 1.8lbs last week and have been deviating by adding spices (Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, light mayo) that have sugar. I've been feeling guilty and disappointed in myself. BUT - I put on my jeans this morning and thought they were a little snug and got upset. I asked my husband to check the tag and I was shocked when he told me that I had put on the smaller of the two pairs of identical jeans that I have. I couldn't fit into these last weekend! Needless to say, we all have our ups and downs but we have to believe in ourselves, believe that we can do this and let IP work it's magic!

Last edited by nalaroo; 05-31-2013 at 09:17 AM.
nalaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #18  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

There are so many factors that can affect weight in a short time frame (1 week at a time). Some have been mentioned - constipation, TOM, etc. My coach was constantly worried early on as I was not losing as much as "men" typically lose per week. One of the things I kept telling her was that I'm on a lot of meds for MS and many of these either cause weight gain or affect water retention. I've had several 1lb weeks but usually followed by a 3lb week. The point is to stay with it and it'll come off.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #19  

I'm glad you're going to give it a full month! I would advise not to get too obsessed over the scale, it's really the average trends you need to watch, over several weeks. Easier said than done, I know! My first time around my 3rd week I was even and the 4th week I gained 1 lb. But after that things continued going in the right direction. A couple of other thoughts...as someone mentioned you might try switching out splenda for stevia, or another week switch out the WF (it is sweetened with something, but not sure what). Also check the ingredients of your dry rub spices, there are a lot out there with sugar in them. And finally, I might suggest going easy on exercise, it could be counterproductive. They suggest only light walking with Phase I and no weight training.

Hang in there! You have me hooked and I am looking forward to watching your progress!
AusTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 245/196/185

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm with you..

We share a similar story! My added stress is my husband is also on IP. I started at 245- in the same time frame as you I stalled out, and the next week I gained! All the while my husband is LOOSING! I had to step back a take a look at Me~~ not the scale. I went thru my closet and tried on clothes. I mindlessly continued to put on the same things out of routine. I re-evaled the fit of things...and got rid of 2 sizes!! My change wasn't in "pounds" those weeks it was in inches. My bra band size went from a 54 to a 44---- so I went out and got the girls fitted...... talk about a emotional boost . I found that my water and my the way my body was processing food had changed- so both of those issues needed to be addressed also. Being regular makes a huge difference. I was also a "daily" scale watcher and would be extremely hard on myself for every little thing. I have changed my outlook and my goal is now "feeling and appearance" based rather that a MAGIC number on a scale. Don't give Up! Yesterdays weigh down 4.7#..... cheering for you!!
dchild8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Here's a small adjustment to consider... It may seem counter to conventional thinking, but we need that oil in our day. When I didn't use it, I stalled...every time! It also made a difference with my skin/hair. You mentioned using the olive oil dressing (which is a good thing) and sauteing your veggies. I've read the oil used for cooking isn't the best way to get oil. Just something to consider.

It takes time for our body to get in the groove. I agree, it's a lot of fussing and effort for a 1 lb loss, but I do think the consistent effort is worth it in the long run.
2Poles1Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #22  

If I am reading your original post correctly you have lost 9.5 inches in 3 weeks?! Whenever I lose inches I have a low weight loss week. 9.5 inches is a lot to lose. try some different products and mix it up a little. Ive been on it for 8 months so far (had a lot to lose) and my weekly weight fluctuates A LOT.
BUT if it's not working for you and you aren't happy then don't stay on it . I'm itching to exercise and giving myself 2 more months then I am stopping so that I can exercise.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #23  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just going to add my two cents here.

Weight loss is NOT linear. You will not see the same numbers week to week, when you experience a big loss one week (like in week 2), it may very well be offset by a lower loss week as your body adjusts. This is TOTALLY normal.

You have lost 8lbs in 3 weeks (really, 2 and a half weeks if your first weigh in was on day 4). That averages out to 2.6lbs per week - EXACTLY where you should be. Average weight loss on IP should fall in the 2-3lb range. Remember this is an average, not a weekly number, because weeks will be higher or lower depending on how your body releases fat.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #24  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Are you getting enough olive oil?

You're sauteeing your dinner vegetables in oil, but it's hard to measure how much of that oil is being eaten vs. left in the pan.

If you're eliminating the olive oil and vinegar dressing in favor of WF dressing, you're decreasing most of the oil you're eating, and replacing it with more artificial ingredients, including sweeteners. I'd actually recommend reducing the WF dressing and replacing it with olive oil & vinegar or lemon juice. (Olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice, and garlic whisked together makes a fantastic and healthy dressing. No sweetener needed).

I believe there are several posts by folks who discovered that when they made sure they were getting all the olive oil the plan calls for that their weight loss improved.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #25  
Started IP 5/13/2013

S/C/G: 179.2/159.2/146

I am losing slowly also. I get discouraged but then if you truly think about it.....
The scales ARE dropping.
You only have so much fluid you can lose so you ARE losing fat.
Think back to the 1200 cal diet, how long were you able to stick to it? how long did you stick to it? You may have lost faster in the beginning but what about the long run. How much did you gain back immediately following ending the 1200 calorie diet.
The planning part is going to be a big part of keeping the weight off so consider it practice in learning discipline.
Do I want to eat? Yes. Am I truly hungry? Only when it's time to feed again and I get to eat. Am I craving anything? No.
Can I do this to meet my goal. Yes.
Are you at trying to plan one day at a time? If so, try preparing several days in advance. Try recipes. You would be surprised what you can do with those little packets. I tell myself every day, "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." Dang I'm positive today. Now I will probably need your support tomorrow.
You can do this. 😊 We can do this.
WBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #26  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Wow! Thanks for all of the replies. I'm secretly hoping I have 10 pounds tied up in my colon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizarin View Post
Keep in mind that if you're doing weekly weigh-ins (it sounds like me like that's what you're doing), you might have just gotten really unlucky with getting high-fluctuation days, either those that happen randomly or hormone-related. I've been weighing every day for a little longer than 3 months, and if I just take every 7th measurement, I sure as **** would've feel discouraged much much more often and more severely. I'm not blanket-recommending daily weighing - just something to keep in mind as you interpret those weekly numbers.
I've been daily weigh-ins at home, sometimes multiple times a day. Not a smart idea, I know. But then again, I also know the WI with my coach was not a fluke. I hadn't really budged in 5 days - at some points I had GAINED according to the scale at home - them settled back around the same number, minus 1. (Although, I seriously think it was less than a pound but she knew I was really disappointed so she sugar coated it!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchild8989 View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]We share a similar story! My added stress is my husband is also on IP. I started at 245- in the same time frame as you I stalled out, and the next week I gained! All the while my husband is LOOSING!
Same here. In many ways it helps he is doing it too. We cook together so I know we are eating the same things. Of course, he clocks in with another big weight loss (and inches). I knew better than to expect we would have similar results, but I honestly expected to have better ones, just not as good as his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl View Post
Here's a small adjustment to consider... It may seem counter to conventional thinking, but we need that oil in our day. When I didn't use it, I stalled...every time! It also made a difference with my skin/hair. You mentioned using the olive oil dressing (which is a good thing) and sauteing your veggies. I've read the oil used for cooking isn't the best way to get oil. Just something to consider.
I was actually afraid of having too much oil, so I'm going to out the oil & vinegar dressing back in the menu and see what that does. Hope that's the trick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
If I am reading your original post correctly you have lost 9.5 inches in 3 weeks?! Whenever I lose inches I have a low weight loss week. 9.5 inches is a lot to lose. try some different products and mix it up a little. Ive been on it for 8 months so far (had a lot to lose) and my weekly weight fluctuates A LOT.
You're right. And I guess I shouldn't compare to others, but after reading up on this program, I expected a solid loss the first 2 weeks which would then taper off to smaller losses. I don't feel like I got the out-of-the-gate bang I had hoped for. Expectations - they can kill you sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Just going to add my two cents here.

Weight loss is NOT linear. You will not see the same numbers week to week, when you experience a big loss one week (like in week 2), it may very well be offset by a lower loss week as your body adjusts. This is TOTALLY normal.

You have lost 8lbs in 3 weeks (really, 2 and a half weeks if your first weigh in was on day 4). That averages out to 2.6lbs per week - EXACTLY where you should be. Average weight loss on IP should fall in the 2-3lb range. Remember this is an average, not a weekly number, because weeks will be higher or lower depending on how your body releases fat.
You're right. I know that in my head. I just wanted so badly to have a big noticeable drop. I have to work in resetting my expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Are you getting enough olive oil?

You're sauteeing your dinner vegetables in oil, but it's hard to measure how much of that oil is being eaten vs. left in the pan.

I believe there are several posts by folks who discovered that when they made sure they were getting all the olive oil the plan calls for that their weight loss improved.
This change is being implemented IMMEDIATELY!!! Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBurns View Post
I am losing slowly also. I get discouraged but then if you truly think about it.....
The scales ARE dropping.
You only have so much fluid you can lose so you ARE losing fat.
Think back to the 1200 cal diet, how long were you able to stick to it? how long did you stick to it? You may have lost faster in the beginning but what about the long run. How much did you gain back immediately following ending the 1200 calorie diet.
The planning part is going to be a big part of keeping the weight off so consider it practice in learning discipline.
Do I want to eat? Yes. Am I truly hungry? Only when it's time to feed again and I get to eat. Am I craving anything? No.
Can I do this to meet my goal. Yes.
Are you at trying to plan one day at a time? If so, try preparing several days in advance. Try recipes. You would be surprised what you can do with those little packets. I tell myself every day, "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." Dang I'm positive today. Now I will probably need your support tomorrow.
You can do this. 😊 We can do this.
Thanks for being my support. Hopefully, this will pass and I can return the favor soon.
hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Eat the oil. Stay off the scale.stick with it.
You will succeed! You will wear those smaller clothes. It will work for you. Relax. Enjoys life. Get some good sleep.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl View Post

It takes time for our body to get in the groove. I agree, it's a lot of fussing and effort for a 1 lb loss, but I do think the consistent effort is worth it in the long run.
Exactly, using all of the oil on my salad and not for cooking broke a long stall for me.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

You've gotten a lot of awesome advice, so I won't repeat it. Going way, way back to your post, I noticed that you had PT. Do you feel like you might need another packet on those days? Also, when you work or injure a muscle, there is inflammation. That inflammation often shows up on the scale.
Hang in there! Keep up the good work!
Sansfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #30  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
You've gotten a lot of awesome advice, so I won't repeat it. Going way, way back to your post, I noticed that you had PT. Do you feel like you might need another packet on those days? Also, when you work or injure a muscle, there is inflammation. That inflammation often shows up on the scale.
Hang in there! Keep up the good work!
Great question. The PT is for my shoulder, so I do about 30 minutes of strengthening exercises. My heart rate doesn't go up, so I figured I was okay without an extra packet. But you are 100% correct on the inflammation. It is terribly inflamed, but then again it was before IP. In fact, someone here said IP helps reduce inflammation. Not sure, but I can tell you this. After 6 years of intermittent shoulder pain, and 3 1/2 months of chronic pain, my shoulder suddenly stopped hurting on day 4 of IP. Of course, I had been waiting for the MD appointment, which was on Day 7, and then PT started on Day 9. PT seemed to really aggravate it at first.

So, basically, I'm hoping it's the oil, inflammation or the big C.

Because as of this morning, the scale has now not moved for 12 days.
hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote