Old 05-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #391  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
Walking - Mon, Tues, Wed,

Weight training- Thursday and Sunday
You should have an extra packet (portion, shake, whatever) after a workout, especially if it's intensive, i.e. weight training. Walking, maybe not so much, but you could save your evening snack until right after finishing.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on. Slowly gaining back and now about 15lbs over my original target weight. Looks like I'm going to have to do a serious reboot. I tried one earlier but only lasted a week. My wife has been maintaining well so didn't reboot with me and that made it harder. I think part of the problem was I just wasn't as dedicated as I was the 1st go around and wasn't checking in here. Our diet still consists mainly of meat and allowed veggies (although we have green beans more often than acceptable) but the carbs sneak in here and there (dang TX breakfast tacos).

Last edited by M35A2; 07-27-2014 at 09:21 AM.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
You should have an extra packet (portion, shake, whatever) after a workout, especially if it's intensive, i.e. weight training. Walking, maybe not so much, but you could save you're evening snack until right after finishing.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on. Slowly gaining back and now about 15lbs over my original target weight. Looks like I'm going to have to do a serious reboot. I tried one earlier but only lasted a week. My wife has been maintaining well so didn't reboot with me and that made it harder. I think part of the problem was I just wasn't as dedicated as I was the 1st go around and wasn't checking in here. Our diet still consists mainly of meat and allowed veggies (although we have green beans more often than acceptable) but the carbs sneak in here and there (dang TX breakfast tacos).
Technically, on maintenance, you don't have to limit veggie amounts or stick to the ones on the P1 sheet anymore. BUT you do have to figure out what portions of what keep you where you want to be and what send you over your ceiling weight. THAT is the trick!! Doubtful extra green beans are doing that... now those TX tacos are ANOTHER story!!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

Well had my weekly weight in yesterday - up 1 lbs... and that's ok...

Just gotta do better!
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 272/219/200

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer66 View Post
I started on the 21st of April and after 5 weeks I am down 23.8 pounds. It is very restrictive but doable. My big issue is travel and social events. I feel deprived watching others eat, drink, and have a good time while I have another
glass of water. Withdrawing from society due to a diet? Probably not a good thing. Any suggestions appreciated.
Hey Boomer. I feel ya on the withdrawing from society thing. It was really hard on me at first. People werent nearly as understanding as my decision to not eat and drink at social events and it was a real strain for me to not do so. It becomes easier with time, you just kinda have to train your body and your mind to handle those situations. I am down 60 lbs and my friends do not question my decisions and will actually encourage me to not break. It is very worth it. Just give it a couple of months and you won't feel so left out of the good times.

As an update for others on the board, like I said I am down 60 lbs. I have a bunch of social events for the next couple months and for the previous one. I have kinda decided to to my diet in 3 week spurts for the time being. The weight loss has not been near as fast, but it is still happening. I am only 12 lbs away from my goal now and really want to lose another 15 or so past my goal. Things are going really well for me. I am officially down from a 44 waist to a 36. I haven't worn that small of a pant since middle school, ie 14 years. I just want to keep encouraging y'all because I am feeling better with each passing day and it is really exciting to be thin-ish again. People who I haven't seen in awhile are not recognizing me. Super exciting!
Mason_Hookem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 213/201/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_Hookem View Post

I am only 12 lbs away from my goal now and really want to lose another 15 or so past my goal.
i also lowered my goal by 15 pounds. now is the time to do it. if you don't do it now if will be hard to restart and go lower later. an extra 15 might only be 3-4 weeks. thats nothing for you at this point. great job so far
MDLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 221/181/175

Height: 5'10

Well, I made my goal last year, and gained back about 10lbs 60 days later. Took another 90 to add an additional 10, and added a couple more for good measure since the new year.
my fault because I wasn't strict on maintenance and my regular exercise fell off the map during this time.

I was not just bummed about letting myself go, bit pretty darned mad at myself.

I took back off a few pounds by having a few phase 1 days, but I think I'm going back on the diet for real. I am determined that I can't be happy with myself or my health >185lbs.

good to be back. LET'S DO THIS!
IPguy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #397  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys!

I've been off of this board for quite some time now. June 8, 2013 I started gearing up for a 9 month deployment to GTMO. I had reached my goal (lost 50lbs) and Phase 4 and was maintaining pretty well at that time. Two months of pre-mob stuff at Ft. Bliss and I was hanging in there with my weight. I thought, man, I will be able to do this.

Two months after getting to GTMO I realized that I had never been under this much stress before. (Not from maintaining) That place is truly the Twilight Zone!! I stopped watching what I ate and basically just did what I needed to keep my sanity.

Needless to say, I put back on 35lbs. I started back at PhaseI this past Sunday. Boy, it was a lot easier the first time around. I thought this time would be a snap since I know how well the program works. Guess I'm just stuck in the mud a little.

Anyway, just wanted to say HI! I'm back!
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #398  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Hey guys!

I've been off of this board for quite some time now. June 8, 2013 I started gearing up for a 9 month deployment to GTMO. I had reached my goal (lost 50lbs) and Phase 4 and was maintaining pretty well at that time. Two months of pre-mob stuff at Ft. Bliss and I was hanging in there with my weight. I thought, man, I will be able to do this.

Two months after getting to GTMO I realized that I had never been under this much stress before. (Not from maintaining) That place is truly the Twilight Zone!! I stopped watching what I ate and basically just did what I needed to keep my sanity.

Needless to say, I put back on 35lbs. I started back at PhaseI this past Sunday. Boy, it was a lot easier the first time around. I thought this time would be a snap since I know how well the program works. Guess I'm just stuck in the mud a little.

back!!! You got this!!

Nice to see a fellow Louisianian
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #399  

S/C/G: 328/289/220

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Hey guys!

We were stationed at GTMO when I was a kid in the late 80's. Well before it was a prison for terrorists. Not sure what it's like there now but from what I recall there weren't any whole foods, or good eating options. There were like two or three restaurants if you counted the officer's club, what they had at the exchange, and the Mcdonalds. I'm sure they have more crappy options these days.

It's hard to maintain a diet when traveling or away from your normal routine... even if it's slightly out of your normal track. Good job getting back to things and jumping back into the diet. You'll bounce back to your normal weight soon enough. Just be dedicated.
Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 221/181/175

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Hey guys!

I am in basically your same shoes with the diet. For me, travel for work and stopping all excercise (down from walking 30 minutes/day 5 days per week) is what I feel did it more than anything.

I would be interested to see if keeping that rebound weight off could be at least slowed by doing a 5 day/week excercise or weight training program vs being stuck in maintenance or rebooting forever?

I haven't really seen anyone do that, so my hope is that it works. Any thoughts on this?
IPguy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #401  

Hey there! New to the forum and the diet. Nice to see that there is a man thread here. On day 3 right now, I'm going a bit crazy and debating to stick with IP or do a natural diet.

Bit about myself-I'm 21 and have health issues that require me to be on steroids. My docs raised my steroids to a high amount after getting sick in november, right when I had gotten down to a good weight. (My weight has always been pretty stable until steroids, and now it's been a roller coaster for the past 5 years.)
My weight right now is 234 and my coach has the goal at 10-15% body fat-getitng me down to the 170's.

Looking forward to having your support as well as helping to support others!

Thanks!
-Will
wba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #402  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I want to wish everyone new and old on here the best of luck!!! to you all. I am trying to stay on track BUT it is hard plus moving to Texas makes things HARD to do! Stress and all of that oye vey!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
We were stationed at GTMO when I was a kid in the late 80's. Well before it was a prison for terrorists. Not sure what it's like there now but from what I recall there weren't any whole foods, or good eating options. There were like two or three restaurants if you counted the officer's club, what they had at the exchange, and the Mcdonalds. I'm sure they have more crappy options these days.

It's hard to maintain a diet when traveling or away from your normal routine... even if it's slightly out of your normal track. Good job getting back to things and jumping back into the diet. You'll bounce back to your normal weight soon enough. Just be dedicated.

Wish I was 248!!!

Weekly weight in -
Well down 1lbs back to 327 lbs... I feel I could be doing better..I should be getting out there are start walking

Last edited by bigjoe; 06-06-2014 at 11:55 PM.
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #404  

Default Men on IP

My husband is interested in joining me on this plan. Do men get to eat more? He's a big guy and I don't think he could handle the small amount of food that I eat. He will lose way faster than I as he has on diets in the past. I'm just wondering if he should even consider this plan. It would be nice as we would be eating the same.
Lose4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #405  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

If he can join you, it would be sooo awesome for you -- way easier to cook for two when you're doing the same thing. My hubby is on a carb based plan through his Bowflex system... I feel like Jack Spratt and his wife! He needs to be eating oatmeal,rice and pasta... He always asks"How many calories is this" and I answer "Two cups" or "8oz"....LOL

Good luck to you two -- I hope he jumps on the IP bandwagon with you and joins the many men who have been successful on this too
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote