Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #31  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Grrr - people like that make me mad! I feel like saying "well that's too bad, I'd probably gain it all back too if I went back to eating the way I did before". Seriously, there are MANY folks in the maintainers thread who are still going strong after a year-plus because they made LIFE changes and didn't just assume that because the weight came off that meant they could have a food free-for-all. I'm not "naturally thin", never will be - but I know what I have to do to stay "intentionally thin"

Congrats on the awesome compliment!!
Thanks, Scorbett. I needed that.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #32  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
Good morning everyone!

So I have to admit, I've been cheating on my coach this week. I've been thinking of switching to alternatives for the past couple of weeks, mainly due to the cost factor. I wanted to do a trial run for one week before I decided on the breakup. So this past week I've only been using alternative bars and rtd light muscle milk incorporated into the program.

My home scale shows a whoosh, -5lbs, my official weigh in is tonight. I am nervous about telling my coach about switching. I'm hoping she will let me continue to buy some packs from her but not the $$$ amounts I have been buying.

Have a great day!
Heheee "cheating on your coach"! That's funny! Very exciting that you had a 5 lb loss this week! I switched to alternatives about 3 months into the IP program and did something similiar to you where I started out slowly replacing IP food with alternatives to see if there was a difference. Nope, no difference. Is it time to right a "Dear John" letter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Hey folks. Been busy the last little while and not posting much. Working on my motorcycle, work and life getting in the way. I've been checking in daily to see what's new just not posting.

Weighed in this morning and the scale reads a loss of 1 pound for the week. Which allows me to say I've broken the 300 pound mark. 299 is my weight as of this morning.

While 1 pound is far lower than my other losses more importantly to me I've had a few NSV. First more inches have been lost, my pants are getting baggy again and I had to punch another hole in my belt.

Also I was able to buy a digital bathroom scale. This is a big deal for me because when I first started on IP the only scale that I could find that went up to 400 pounds was an analog scale. The numbers on the dial are extremely difficult to read, but when you have limited choices you make due with what you have available. Sort of seems like a mantra for those of us who are obese doesn't it? Another thing that I can use to keep me motivated - actually having more choice.

Have a good day all.
Congrats on your weight loss and meeting your goal of breaking into the 300's!!!!!!!! So fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
Anyone out there who can tell me if it is worth getting a dehydrater? Do the veggies come out crispy and flavorful as they do from the oven? Does it really cut down on the time? Please help. Thank you.
I have a dehydrater and really prefer the kale chips in the dehydrater vs the oven. Foods come out crispier and more fresh and also last longer.

Quote:
I did step on my scale this morning and saw a number that I have not seen in about 4 years. 189
Woot woot!!!!!! Exciting! Congrats!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 201/156/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Somebody noticed me today!!!! Finally!!!

The receptionist at my son's orthodontist this morning said, "You look fantastic!" I knew what she meant, because the both of us have lamented our weight issues for years." I felt so good!

Until . . . the skinny gal next to her had to spin around in her chair and say, "Yeah, my husband did Ideal Protein . . . gained it all back." She coupled her comment with the most sour, I-hate-to-tell-you-this look on her face. Why do people have to do that??

Anyway, I'm so happy that someone noticed. She said the change in me is "un-missable."
Congrats! So glad you are focusing on the positive and ignoring the negative! Keep it up!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 196/ ---- /150

Hey IP experts, I've got a couple of questions:

1. My coach says that body composition measuring thingy says I've got a really high BMR and high lean body mass, and every week she gets all concerned beacause my lean body mass goes down more than she thinks it should. Now she's saying I Need to eat 4 packets a day, to slow the loss of my lean body mass . . . um, is this normal, am I normal?
2. I seem to have skipped my TOM completely this month . . . definitely NOT preggers, and I'm Definitely not even close amenorrheic skinny . . .

this is my 5th week and I'm down almost 20lbs, so all in all, I'm happy, just curious about what's up with my body . . .
Old 05-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
I can do this, I can do this, I can do this... :P
You can, you can, you can! Move on and don't look back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
So, I had my "official" WI at the clinic today and I've reached goal + 1lb! Phase 2 here I come have a great OP day everyone
Whoop Whoop!!! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
[B][COLOR="Magenta"]Somebody noticed me today!!!! Finally!!!
I remember that moment, way to go!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Default Onederland

Well hello Onederland nice to see you again! It was official this morning! Thanks to a little smooth move I'm still counting it! It was funny I went to take a pic of the scale to text my bff and the number kept increasing, well duh my phone was tipping the scale Thanks for the support on this forum! Couldn't have conquered those 55lbs without you all!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

2. I seem to have skipped my TOM completely this month . . . definitely NOT preggers, and I'm Definitely not even close amenorrheic skinny . . .

Well I am having the exact opposite as you with TOM won't leave me alone Grrrrrrrr ! Is that normal ......
Old 05-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #38  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Congrats Mquinn and Spiritman!!! And everyone else with good WI's today!

I was down 3.4 today!!! Very exciting!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
I have a dehydrater and really prefer the kale chips in the dehydrater vs the oven. Foods come out crispier and more fresh and also last longer.

Woot woot!!!!!! Exciting! Congrats!!!
What kind of dehydrator do you have? Pros and Cons? Any help would be appreciated before I make a purchase. Thanks.

Thank you for the Congrats. I know it is so awesome and only 5 weeks to get me to 189. Just imagine what another 5 weeks will do for me.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #40  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimminIt View Post
Hey IP experts, I've got a couple of questions:

1. My coach says that body composition measuring thingy says I've got a really high BMR and high lean body mass, and every week she gets all concerned beacause my lean body mass goes down more than she thinks it should. Now she's saying I Need to eat 4 packets a day, to slow the loss of my lean body mass . . . um, is this normal, am I normal?

this is my 5th week and I'm down almost 20lbs, so all in all, I'm happy, just curious about what's up with my body . . .
As far as the lean mass thing goes - those Body Comp scales are wildly inaccurate. It's just snake oil science. the only way to accurately measure lean mass (which is EVERYTHING in your body except fat, including connective tissue and skin that naturally slough off or eliminate as your size shrinks) is with a DEXA scan, a water displacement test, or fat calipers and the training to use them correctly. I know there have been people here that posted they got totally different LM% readings at the same appointment. All that is to say that your coach is assessing based on unreliable information. Do you feel weak often? At 5 weeks you should feel pretty normal, weakness at this point may be a sign that you need a bit more nutrition. If you are truly concerned about your lean mass, it might be worth asking your doctor for a caliper test.

Skipping a period CAN happen - I skipped my first cycle on IP, then at week 6 it came back with a vengeance - twice that month. The estrogen released when you drop a lot of fat at once can really mess with your cycles, but it does eventually normalize.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #41  

Quote:
'm not "naturally thin", never will be - but I know what I have to do to stay "intentionally thin"
Love this!
A good thing to keep in mind for the folks who will bother us when we get to maintenance & ask why we're "always on a diet"

Not always dieting, just trying to live intentionally thin since we're not naturally thin!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #42  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
What kind of dehydrator do you have? Pros and Cons? Any help would be appreciated before I make a purchase. Thanks.

Thank you for the Congrats. I know it is so awesome and only 5 weeks to get me to 189. Just imagine what another 5 weeks will do for me.
I use the Excalibur 9 tray dehydrater. It's big, but you'll want that if you do use it a lot, especially for kale chips.

I find that I will only use maybe 4-5 trays in order to give it more space in between for more "fluffier" items like the curly kale.

I don't think I really have any cons except that I just have to store it somewhere when not in use, like a closet or the garage. I don't use it daily. Now when I'm eating a regular diet and not IP I use it a lot more. I love making "raw food" desserts because it's so healthy and I can eat it guilt free. I've made chocolate macaroons in my dehydrater and it's AMAZING!!!!!!!! Like I can't even wait until they are done cooking before I'm opening up the deydrater to eat some. YUM!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 196/ ---- /150

Quote:
As far as the lean mass thing goes - those Body Comp scales are wildly inaccurate. It's just snake oil science. the only way to accurately measure lean mass (which is EVERYTHING in your body except fat, including connective tissue and skin that naturally slough off or eliminate as your size shrinks) is with a DEXA scan, a water displacement test, or fat calipers and the training to use them correctly. I know there have been people here that posted they got totally different LM% readings at the same appointment. All that is to say that your coach is assessing based on unreliable information. Do you feel weak often? At 5 weeks you should feel pretty normal, weakness at this point may be a sign that you need a bit more nutrition. If you are truly concerned about your lean mass, it might be worth asking your doctor for a caliper test.

Skipping a period CAN happen - I skipped my first cycle on IP, then at week 6 it came back with a vengeance - twice that month. The estrogen released when you drop a lot of fat at once can really mess with your cycles, but it does eventually normalize.
Thanks for the info Scorbett
Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #44  

Quote:
Grrr - people like that make me mad! I feel like saying "well that's too bad, I'd probably gain it all back too if I went back to eating the way I did before". Seriously, there are MANY folks in the maintainers thread who are still going strong after a year-plus because they made LIFE changes and didn't just assume that because the weight came off that meant they could have a food free-for-all. I'm not "naturally thin", never will be - but I know what I have to do to stay "intentionally thin"

Congrats on the awesome compliment!!
Love that "intentionally thin!" WI for me today week 8 lost 1.5 for a total of 24.5
Old 05-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Well I had my WI...down 6 lbs..I'm thrilled with that. I did decide to go with the mums the word on the alternatives. I did however mention I might go with a higher goal weight(not)..baby steps on this breakup..lol.
Closed Thread