Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen02719 View Post
WOW! CONGRATS! I forgot..I know you told us already, but what did you do to switch it up and lose 6 pounds in one week???? I had my WI today also. I'm down 1.8. However, according to my home scale I am down 2.6. I think it was the IP pancake I just inhaled and a heavier pair of jeans.
I changed it up because I overdid it with the exercise and did not have that great of a loss on my last weigh in. Sometimes, I should kick myself for not listening!

For a few days I had the Syntrax powders as my 3 packets for the day. They are great because they have around 23 grams of protein, and are around 100 calories. Just got the latte cappuccino flavor and, IMO, you wouldn't know it wasn't a creamy iced coffee drink! For dinner I had my lean protein and veggies. I also hit the water harder than usual.

Last edited by ZOMBIEDAWN; 05-04-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #32  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

zomidawn--good going. I saw a post before that you are keeping it IP light.

I am trying to as well to help move the lbs. But, sometimes I get sidetracked by a Quest craving.

Having a hang out weekend, no motivation for all of the garden work I have to do....not stressing, I have a full life plate right now and if it means I don't get a flower or veggie garden this year, so be it. Losing weight takes a lot of energy and time and this is my first priority.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #33  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Oh my gosh! Had WI today..... down 6 lbs!!!

I got so excited that I came home and started cooking. Blueberry muffins, Rainbow's flatbread, a broccoli pesto and some rotini chicken salad.... I'm all set!

I'm in such a good place right now, I just had to share! Thanks all of you! All of the support and stories have helped me so much!
Awesome! Thats so great!

I survived the famiy gathering today(lunch), it pays to bring homemade salad
dressing. Had to eyeball my food measurements, but think I did really well!
Also TOM and still was fine passing up desserts. Had 1/2 a cinnamon roll
quest bar as a snack after the party, took away the sweet craving.
My DH and DD ate too much, I ended up eating my dinner alone, LOL!
This just confirms that IP is gonna stay with me for along time!

Thanks for all your support here!
D
Old 05-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #34  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRegan View Post
Awesome! Thats so great!

I survived the famiy gathering today(lunch), it pays to bring homemade salad
dressing. Had to eyeball my food measurements, but think I did really well!
Also TOM and still was fine passing up desserts. Had 1/2 a cinnamon roll
quest bar as a snack after the party, took away the sweet craving.
My DH and DD ate too much, I ended up eating my dinner alone, LOL!
This just confirms that IP is gonna stay with me for along time!

Thanks for all your support here!
D
I will SO still eat this way after I'm done. I went out to lunch with my teen daughter. I had a burger with no bun and a salad, and it was just the right amount of food. She had fish and chips and complained all the way home she didn't feel well, she ate too much.

NSV for me today. The scale has not moved in a while...a couple of weeks, even though I've been very strict OP. Well, I've got a wedding coming up, and I'm looking at my closet today, upset that I bought everything a size too small last month, because I was losing so fast then boom! I stop. Well... The scale hasn't moved, but the body has! I fit EVERYTHING I bought a month ago!

And I've lost a whole shoe size and bought some new sandals for summer. I'm so happy!

Last edited by leannekarella; 05-04-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #35  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Way to go ZombieDawn!! That's awesome! So exciting to see the scales move again hey?? Keep it! Your doing great
Old 05-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #36  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

okay, so I'm fighting with my sig...HELP!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #37  

So I have been on plan for almost three weeks. I did a ketosis stick today and it said that I wasn't in ketosis. My weight loss has been slow - 12 lbs in three weeks. I am not going to work this hard and spend this kind of money if it is not working. What should I do?
Old 05-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #38  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandis Apples View Post
So I have been on plan for almost three weeks. I did a ketosis stick today and it said that I wasn't in ketosis. My weight loss has been slow - 12 lbs in three weeks. I am not going to work this hard and spend this kind of money if it is not working. What should I do?
Throw the sticks away! They are worthless. Also, 12 pounds in three weeks is absolutely NOT slow! That averages to 4 pounds a week. That's actually quite a fast pace!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #39  

Quote:
Be patient. Your losses are still averaging out to 4 lbs a week..... that's pretty dang good!

Are you using strictly IP foods? If the cost is an issue maybe take a look at some alternatives.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #40  

So far strictly IP foods. I don't really understand how to do the alternatives. I have food till next Thursday. I will stay on plan 100% till then and then re-evaluate. If I haven't had a loss that may be it for me
Old 05-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #41  

Check out Nashuanutriton.com and compare labels to your IP products. Protidiet, Protithin, Weight Loss Systems and Syntrax are good lines to look at for comparable nutrition requirements.

Unrestricted- 8 carbs and under, about 100 calories. Fat calories should be under 30%

Restricted- Between 9-16 grams of carbs
Old 05-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #42  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Visiting my family this weekend has been challenging. I come from a large famiy and no one ever diets, so it's a completely foreign thing to them. My sister went through her entire kitchen looking for something I could eat, and there wasn't a single thing. ("No, it has cheese." "No, it has nuts." "No, it has more than 30% fat calories.") My other sister keeps trying to tempt me with bread and potatoes. But I am perservering...

I had my first restaurant challenge tonight and I passed.

Baked haddock with a side of broccoli and a side salad with lemon as dressing.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #43  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
Visiting my family this weekend has been challenging. I come from a large famiy and no one ever diets, so it's a completely foreign thing to them. My sister went through her entire kitchen looking for something I could eat, and there wasn't a single thing. ("No, it has cheese." "No, it has nuts." "No, it has more than 30% fat calories.") My other sister keeps trying to tempt me with bread and potatoes. But I am perservering...

I had my first restaurant challenge tonight and I passed.

Baked haddock with a side of broccoli and a side salad with lemon as dressing.
Families have watched us diet and fall countless times in the past...I understand why they do what they do, doesn't mean I like it...
Restaurants can be a challenge, I'm not always happy with my meal, but I'm learning how to order better. Ex: asked for chicken and salad, next time, make sure the chicken is at least 6oz please!!! (it was about 3 ) and the salad was laden with carrot shavings, now I know to custom order my salad. I love an oil and vinager dressing with fresh pepper too when I'm at a better restaurant. Most important, I make them use the romaine lettuce to make my garden salad And save my occasional veggie and ask for double tomatoes, when they are nice and fresh, it's delish!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #44  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I will SO still eat this way after I'm done. I went out to lunch with my teen daughter. I had a burger with no bun and a salad, and it was just the right amount of food. She had fish and chips and complained all the way home she didn't feel well, she ate too much.
You know, I've thought about this quite a bit since I'm about 20 lbs away from my goal. I really think that for me, maintenance will be close to what I'm doing now. I like the fact that I don't eat a whole lot of processed food, and I have begun to regard carbs as almost toxic. I may continue using SOME of the protein rich foods (think EAS carbadvantage drinks...love the dark chocolate one and vanilla as my "cream" for coffee). And I remember those days when big meals would make me feel uncomfortably bloated and possibly bring on horrible heartburn...I don't miss that at all! Thanks IP, for teaching me that I can be quite happy without all that "bad" food.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #45  

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out why you'd consider an avg of 4 lbs per week "not working"?

Did your coach mention that there can be a slowdown week 4 or 5 while the body catches up? It is very common.

I know you were told ketostix are worthless. Let me explain:
They do a great job of detecting ketones in the urine at first. But our bodies are highly adaptable and just as they adapt to burning fats for fuel ( instead of sugars), they adapt to the excess ketone bodies in the system and start burning those. So, after a while, ketostix quit registering ketones, because they just aren't being excreted anymore. This, coupled with the amount of water that we drink, which will dilute your result, will make you think you're not in Ketosis, even tho you're following the plan. No worries. You're in Ketosis. But this is why the ketostix become a useless tool for us pretty quickly.

Hang in there! This plan works very well for people who stick with it. If you're weighing every day, you might want to give the scale a break and save it for your weekly weigh ins.
Closed Thread