Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5 9`

Default Help ....second time on IP

Please help, can`t lose weight this time...
brief history, 1 year ago, lost 60 pounds on this diet, stupid me, never phased off and now my weight is back up
prior to me starting back on IP, still had shake in morning and my usual veggies and dip for lunch....and now
Back on IP having shake for breakfast, my usual veggies (celery and 1 green pepper with walden farms dressing) supper is 8 ounces of protein, and veggies, and since i started the diet this time i have lost 5 pounds in 7 weeks and those pounds came off in the first week...since then nothing.................what am i doing wrong.....please any advise
susyqxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 277/268/135 - started 3/20/13

Height: 5'4"

Are you only eating veggies for lunch? Are you having an IP packet for lunch and then an IP packet snack? You may be eating too little.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #3  
JulieT68

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'6' 1/2

I am in the same boat, last year lost 45, gained 25 back, so as of last week, went back to the doctor to start over....make sure you are getting your water in. That helps me alot! Make sure you are getting in that 3rd packet also! Best Wishes on the journey!
JulieT68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I was wondering the same thing. You are supposed to have a protein for lunch and a snack. Are you seeing a coach or using alternatives? Also you are supposed to have 2 cups of lettuce with lunch and dinner as well as the veges. Are you drinking your water?
If you did well the first time, you will do well again. Good luck! You can do it.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #5  

Sorry forgot to mention, i do have a shake for lunch with my veggies, also i have a shake in the evening as my snack...take all my veggies...love my water, i`m using MIO this time around, never used it last time..
Old 04-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #6  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyqxxxx View Post
Sorry forgot to mention, i do have a shake for lunch with my veggies, also i have a shake in the evening as my snack...take all my veggies...love my water, i`m using MIO this time around, never used it last time..
I started using MIO half way through and found my losses slowed down considerably. Stopped using it and back to -3lbs a week. You might try giving it up for a couple of weeks to see if it's having any effect. There's a whole MIO thread to check out also.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

You should check in on the rebooters thread. These are all people who are back on IP after gaining some back in maintenance.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ne-else-9.html
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I did IP about three years ago with a clinic (give or take) and gained back everything i lost after not phasing off properly. Started again on 1/01/13 and have noticed that my losses are considerably slower (like really slow). I have read in other threads (people have mentioned) that sometimes we have a one-time chance to trick our bodies with this type of diet to have it respond as it should. Not sure if someone else can confirm this (Scorbett or Lisa?). My other thought is that i'm also three years older and could potentially have a slower metabolism and have also found out i'm very insulin resistant. I'm also using alternatives, but many have had no ill-effects from this change. So this could just be my particular situation. Not sure if that helps, but maybe provides a little insight?
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #9  

Thanks all who replied gonna do more reading, checking the maintenance forum, and hopefully i break this plateau..have a great weekend
Old 04-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I couldn't figure out why I'd stalled for a few weeks. A big part of that turned out to be Mio. I cut it out and the losses started again as normal. Try a pause on the Mio and see what happens.
stephanoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #11  

Quote:
You have shake for breakfast, lunch and snack, so 3 shakes a day. My coach said he had someone that had 3 chocolate shakes a day and they have high carb content, so wasn't losing. He told me 1 shake a day max, try to get a soup in, and then something else for the 3rd packet. I usually do the omelet or the crispy cereal made into pancakes, a soup for lunch, then a shake/bar/other snack.

Maybe try changing it up a bit.

Last edited by canic; 04-20-2013 at 12:16 PM.
canic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canic View Post
You have shake for breakfast, lunch and snack, so 3 shakes a day. My coach said he had someone that had 3 chocolate shakes a day and they have high carb content, so wasn't losing. He told me 1 shake a day max, try to get a soup in, and then something else for the 3rd packet. I usually do the omelet or the crispy cereal made into pancakes, a soup for lunch, then a shake/bar/other snack.

Maybe try changing it up a bit.
The IP shakes actually have the lower carb counts of the IP products. Either that coach had bad info, or we are not talking about the same product line.

That said - there are many who tried cutting out all restricted items and found THAT slowed their losses. People who are so carb sensitive that they need to skip the daily restricted item are in the minority. Remember that the program is DESIGNED to work with two unrestricted, one restricted item per day.

I have seen folks who are rebooting report that the 2nd time around is not as dramatic as the first time. That may be due to the body not responding as well to a familiar program - it may also be because you don't have as much to lose this time around as you did last time. The smaller your body, the less calories it needs to function on a daily basis. If you are smaller than you were the first time you did IP, then the losses will be different because there is a smaller difference between the calories your body needs and what you are eating on a daily basis.

Remember that it isn't a TRUE stall unless you've gone WEEKS with no losses on the scale AND no change in inches. Stick with the program, keep track of what you are eating and drinking, and see where you are in a few weeks.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I read something about the body having a memory for low carb diets in one of the books by Volek and Phinney. I don't recall whether it was about performance on low carb or their general book. If I recall it correctly, after being on low carb the body readjusts to then become more efficiently in storing glycogen and it accumulates more of it than before such a diet. So, the second time around, losses just don't happen so fast. I assume those would be the large losses from glycogen and water weight. Mio will not induce a slow loss for sure. 5 lbs a week sounds like a regular diet to me where losses are based on a calorie deficit. You need less calories as you age. It is important to realize that IP is not that miracle diet where weight magically disappears. Ketosis allows you to reduce cravings and hunger and I am convinced it favors fat loss over muscle loss. AND if you are fighting hormones it may be just the diet to trick them. But a loss of 1 lb a week more or less is realistic. It is important to maintain the losses. Not important how fast you loose them.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #14  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

I will touch on a few things that have been mentioned...

The Mio... Unless you are super sensitive to artificial sweeteners, it won't affect you. I'm diabetic, and my body reacts to even Splenda as a sugar and bumps my insulin production, which is why it slows my losses. I use Mio (or the like) now and then, but I don't use a full squirt. I use it just a tiny flavor to my water. Using real lemon juice works better for me.

I'm one of those who do not eat restricted foods. If you are using IP shake, then your carbs are very low. If you are not super insulin resistant (diabetic) then you may need more carbs. If your body thinks you are starving, it will try to hold on to the weight.

Also, are you getting your oil? When I do not use the correct amount of olive/grapeseed oil, I have issues.

You also state that you eat celery and peppers for lunch. Do you eat other veggies? You might want to mix that up. Celery has very little nutritional value. A more rounded veggie repertoire may be advantageous. Again, the starvation thing.

All that being said... 1 lb/ week is still loss. And I too have heard a lot of people who say they restarted and aren't losing as fast as the first time.

Good luck, and stick with it. You'll get there!
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I've read about other people that were using 3 IP chocolate shakes per day...not that that's why your losses are slower this time around (as mentioned there could be many reasons) but I believe they have one of the highest carb counts for a non-restricted IP product (9 carbs, 2 fiber = 7 net).

All that said, you might want to make sure you have plenty of variety in the form of IP products, meat and veggies.

ETA: Most of the other IP shakes are very low carb (pink lemonade, orange, vanilla, blue cran-granata, pina colada are 1-4 grams).

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 04-21-2013 at 10:06 AM.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote