Old 04-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
The IP shakes actually have the lower carb counts of the IP products. Either that coach had bad info, or we are not talking about the same product line.
Nope, IP products. He said it was 3 chocolate shakes a day, once the person changed it up, they lost more. Maybe it was the calories or the carbs, maybe it was boredom of same thing, the person may not have stuck to the diet. He also said to not drink 3 x ready to drink shakes a day.

He said to change things up as different products have differing amounts of carbs, protein, calories. I know the wildberry shakes make me feel full longer than the vanilla shake does, so maybe it's indiv. bodies as well. I don't like eating same thing every day, so I need to change things up.

Interesting that the 2nd time on the diet means weight loss is slower. More motivation to make sure stick to this plan the first time once get to maintenance.

Last edited by canic; 04-21-2013 at 02:41 PM.
canic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #17  

Default You Can do it again!

Hi guys!
I started ideal protein a year and a half ago... lost 90 pounds on it....fell off the boat and gained about 30 back... I just restarted this week- so i'm in the same boat. I tried using alternatives but I would lose a few pounds the first week and then nothing at all weeks after. So I decided to start going back for the real products. Just keep doing what your doing, it will pay off. I think the 2nd time it's a lot harder than the first time restarting. The first time you want to follow it perfectly, the second time (for me) I tend to be a little more forgiving with extra meat and veggies. Keep up the great work guys, we've got this!!!
Izzi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #18  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm in the same boat as you guys -- didn't phase off properly and the pounds are creeping back. I threw out some of my bigger clothes and now I'm squishing in and feeling uncomfortable (and I will NOT buy bigger -- I'll sit in pain till I get the weight back off!LOL)
I keep having to restart but for me it's all a mind game and now that I'm restarting again, it's like "I'll have a piece of my son's birthday cake -- I'll start again tomorrow". My tomorrow's keep extending.
However, I'm reading the book "wheat belly" and am now even more understanding of the dangers/addictiveness/health issues surrounding eating wheat. So I'm back to my "soy" IP products and will be more focussed this time. It's definitely tougher for time 2! However, the good news is I "get" that I need to rethink how I eat now for the long haul. Getting the weight off is not enough because it comes back just as fast if you don't make some lifestyle/cooking changes.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #19  

It is all a mind game! Tomorrow is always the answer... I have a 2 week vacation planned in a month so I told myself that I have to go super strict so I can enjoy vacation (life is too short not too!) If we did it the first time... we can do it the second time. The second time we realize that if we don't change our lifestyles all the weight will come back. we can do it!
Izzi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #20  

Height: 5 9`

Thanks all for the comments...I`ve gone back to the basics, keeping food journal, this way i can see what i`m doing wrong..
All i do know for sure, once i lose this weight, it isn`t come back on...can`t keep doing this to myself...Have a great week..
susyqxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #21  
Becky

Height: 5'4

Hi,
I also did not go thru the phases and have returned.Gained back all weight plus two pounds. My weight loss has been slower but I just start phase 2 today and will be following the phases this time. Not interested in gaining back this time. Way too hard to get back on the program.
beckyjwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #22  

I have found that I have to follow a pretty strict P1/P2 to maintain my weight loss. My problem came in when 1 free day turned into 2 or 3 free days. If I had a free day and then got right back on P1/P2 my free day didn't turn into added pounds. It's when the free day turned into free days that the weight seemed to "stick." That's the best way I can explain it. I think I will always have to eat P1/P2 if I want to maintain and then allow myself to enjoy planned social events and celebrations. I also am pretty regular in my exercising and run about 2 miles a day and I know that helps with maintaining weight loss. I will never be able to eat whatever I want whenever I want because I just can't if I want to be at the weight I am at right now. I am currently trying to do a strict P1/P2 and am back to only 3 pounds above my goal weight so I feel pretty good but it's been a struggle for weeks to get back on track and stay on track.
swerdna59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 165/160/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjwebb View Post
Hi,
I also did not go thru the phases and have returned.Gained back all weight plus two pounds. My weight loss has been slower but I just start phase 2 today and will be following the phases this time. Not interested in gaining back this time. Way too hard to get back on the program.
Congrats on getting the weight back off! May I ask how long it took you to lose the weight again? You give me some hope that I can get this weight off again, too!
FitGirl2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #24  

I've done the same as many of you. I'm just starting to lose this weight one last time. We can all do this! Like you, izzy, I'll be taking a vacation in 3 weeks. I want to feel as though I'm on my way with feeling better & healthier. I fully intend to stay on plan while vacationing...I will most likely be asking for advice in doing so before I leave for that trip.

Good luck to us all!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #25  
Becky

The first time it took me 3 months to lose 30 lbs. The second time it took me 4 months. So I did notice it was slower. I also went to a different clinic and my coach at this one is very strict!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjwebb View Post
The first time it took me 3 months to lose 30 lbs. The second time it took me 4 months. So I did notice it was slower. I also went to a different clinic and my coach at this one is very strict!
So happy to hear that it is possible again. I was planning that it would take me a least an extra month to lose my regain. You should be VERY PROUD of yourself for having the discipline to get it done a second time! My journey is now beginning to learn those skills that will prevent me from ever being in this situation again.

Congrats again!!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #27  
Becky

Oh, I must add, this site has also helped so much.
It is so motivating.