Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183.4/177.2/130

Height: 5'0"

Default Is it okay to CHEAT on my WEDDING DAY?

So, I restarted IP 6 days ago and have my first weigh-in tomorrow. I have not cheated and do not want to cheat at all. However, I'm getting married May 25th and we are having a huge Italian buffet that is costing us quite a bit. Is that good enough reason to cheat?!
DayDay615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #2  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

I'm not sure that "reason" is the right word. Up to you, but for me, the consequences far outweight the cheat. Are you going on a honeymoon? Then that's another excuse. Better yet, the risk of the physical hangover would be a deterant. I would stay OP, but maybe not worry too much about quantity (extra piece of chicken, or beef, more veggies). I'd put quest bars in my purse and eat an extra one of those if need be, especially if I was dancing the night away and needed extra energy!! Congrats and enjoy the day, but going off program is not the same as cheating on IP for me, but up to you!!
newday2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Yes.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

If I were you I would have a plan to phase off for your wedding. I would work with you coach to put a plan in place for yourself that will include how you plan on eating for your wedding and honeymoon. To me, if you are realistic and know that you want to eat different for your wedding then you should plan for it.

Your wedding day is a day that you should be able to do what you choose to do.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Is it "OK" to cheat? No.

But... it IS smart to plan to phase off, enjoy your wedding and honeymoon, and then come back to phase 1 when you get back. It might have been a little close to your wedding day to start a reboot, but if you give yourself a week of P2 and a week of P3 going into your wedding, at least your body will be able to readjust before you throw wedding food at it

If you're rebooting, you already know that there will probably be consequences on the scale....but you also know what you need to do about it when all is said and done.

Congrats on your wedding!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #6  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

It's one day, as long as you get back on track, of course it's ok! It's a special day and once in a life time celebration, enjoy yourself!
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #7  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
once in a life time celebration
Well, hopefully!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #8  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
But... it IS smart to plan to phase off, enjoy your wedding and honeymoon, and then come back to phase 1 when you get back
I agree! Because if you are going on a Honeymoon you will probably want to cheat too. May as well phase off! I am planning on doing that for my Disney Vacation in June (well go to Phase 2 for 2 weeks) and then go back to phase 1!

Good luck and CONGRATS! May is a great month to get married!
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Is it "OK" to cheat? No.

But... it IS smart to plan to phase off, enjoy your wedding and honeymoon, and then come back to phase 1 when you get back. It might have been a little close to your wedding day to start a reboot, but if you give yourself a week of P2 and a week of P3 going into your wedding, at least your body will be able to readjust before you throw wedding food at it

If you're rebooting, you already know that there will probably be consequences on the scale....but you also know what you need to do about it when all is said and done.

Congrats on your wedding!
Thank you to everyone for your input. Last time on IP I lost 24 lbs in 6 weeks and decided it would be nice to lose that much or more before the wedding day, which is why I decided to go on IP now. As for the honeymoon, we are not honeymooning for two weeks after the wedding so it's all a little confusing. I know I can do it though! Reading everyone's posts here inspires and motivates me. You are all doing so great! Thanks again!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay615 View Post
Thank you to everyone for your input. Last time on IP I lost 24 lbs in 6 weeks and decided it would be nice to lose that much or more before the wedding day, which is why I decided to go on IP now. As for the honeymoon, we are not honeymooning for two weeks after the wedding so it's all a little confusing. I know I can do it though! Reading everyone's posts here inspires and motivates me. You are all doing so great! Thanks again!
I would say that two weeks afterward is still close enough to your wedding day that it makes a lot of sense to just phase off two weeks before the wedding and enjoy your wedding AND honeymoon without worrying about bouncing between P1 and off plan.

If you planned on moving to Phase 2 on May 8, then Phase 3 on May 15th, it would get you back into regular eating a few days ahead of your wedding, AND you would have 4 full weeks from today to really kill it in Phase 1. Then enjoy adjusting to married life for two weeks, have a fantastic time on your honeymoon, and decide when you get back whether you want to do a few more weeks of P1.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #11  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

It is your WEDDING DAY! Enjoy it.
Anyone who says stick to the diet on your wedding day doesn't know how important that day is.

YES. Is my answer to your question!
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #12  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

I think you got plenty of differing views and good advice already.

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Hope you have the Best (Wedding) day ever; it will be here before you know it! I'm sure others have said this to you, but really try to live in the moment. The day goes by so fast and it can be such a whirlwind, so I really hope you're able to truly enjoy it!

~Jen

Last edited by JenRem; 04-08-2013 at 01:28 AM.
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #13  

I think the way you're looking at it/wording it needs reframing.

Instead of "cheat" try this:

I'm doing IP until my wedding. I will phase off before the wedding and restart after the honeymoon.

You got some great advice in how to phase off in a healthy manner. Make sure you take the advice from people actually DOING IP.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
I think you got plenty of differing views and good advice already.

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Hope you have the Best (Wedding) day ever; it will be here before you know it! I'm sure others have said this to you, but really try to live in the moment. The day goes by so fast and it can be such a whirlwind, so I really hope you're able to truly enjoy it!

~Jen
Thank you so much! I'm very excited!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I think the way you're looking at it/wording it needs reframing.

Instead of "cheat" try this:

I'm doing IP until my wedding. I will phase off before the wedding and restart after the honeymoon.

You got some great advice in how to phase off in a healthy manner. Make sure you take the advice from people actually DOING IP.
I definitely appreciate everyone's advice as I'm not that experienced in doing IP. I don't even have a coach (nearest clinic over an hour away, given coach in CA that never contacts me-long story). How important is it to phase off before the wedding if I really only plan on having a small plate of pasta, a piece of cake, and a glass of wine? Is it dangerous to eat that and just continue back on track the next day? I'm not sure how that would work. Thanks!