Old 04-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Default Clinic Frustration

I kinda don't wanna be friends with my clinic anymore. I went to turn in my little food journal because I'd filled it up. I told the lady that I've got the system now and would rather not fill out the journal, plus I'm using another website to keep track of my calories. She said "You have to fill out the journal."

I HAVE TO?! That doesn't sit well with me. What's the point? ...isn't this diet I'm doing about ME?
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #2  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm sure the phrase "have to" and it seems like a lack of discussion/compromise must have pushed a few buttons. I also disagree with the whole "if you cheat, we'll kick you out". I've never cheated but I think that goes against the whole premise of a weight loss support team --team, relationship being very critical words.

Anyway, you may want to check if they will allow you to just show a summary of your online food journal. I know I asked my Dr and he was fine with that (I use LoseIt and it allows you to email a summary of your week). To be fair, the coach needs something to reference to help provide context for your weigh-ins. Even if you lose, they may spot things that could help you lose even more for the next weigh-in.
rubygirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #3  

I use MFP and it can be printed. Instead, I gave my coach access to my info thru email. If she wanted it printed, I could do this.

I didn't ask or offer her an option.

This is the way of tracking that works best for me.

If I had someone telling me I HAD to do it their way, I'd be explaining: just so we are clear, this is a business relationship and I am the customer. I will still track but it needs to be the way that works best for me now and going forward.

As far as doing the program her way, I came to her for that help (and I pay for that help). Writing it in the little book vs tracking online is the SAME THING!!!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #4  

Thanks for your responses! I think I'll suggest the compromise next week to take a peek at my online info. Otherwise, I'm going to have to keep losing my journal. To be truthful, I'm using half IP products, half alternatives and I don't want them to break up with me for it! I really do love the accountability of a weekly visit, but I think it should be more on my terms than theirs. After all, the initial fee was HUGE and I'm continuing to buy their products including food and vitamins and the novi-cleanse...... Thanks again for your input, that comment was just really frustrating to me.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Am in my 5TH week, have not tracked in writing one day. You are paying them so it should be your choice.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #6  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

I know ONE of the clinics in my area makes their people fill it out or they will be dropped.

THANK Goodness mine is not the one!
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Am in my 5TH week, have not tracked in writing one day. You are paying them so it should be your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
I know ONE of the clinics in my area makes their people fill it out or they will be dropped.

THANK Goodness mine is not the one!
Thanks ladies, I can't tell you how much better I feel when others can relate and agree! I appreciate it!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #8  

I completely understand their requirement for tracking
Study after study shows more success with tracking (in maintenance too) so it's a fabulous tool
What I refuse to understand would be a clinic that only allows you to track "their way", esp if you've found one of convenience
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #9  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Zombiedawn,
Been there, done that. My clinic is the same way, and I HATE writing in that journal. I had one coach that worked there a short while and she never asked to see my journal--that was awesome! The other lady insisted that I must keep it and she needs to see it every single week. I think that after 6 months on this diet, I know what I should and should not be eating. I have heard about the studies that Lisa mentioned, but I think everyone is different. To be honest, I can't see how the journal is that helpful for me personally, and I always forget to write in it (maybe because I resent doing it so much). So I have to spent at least 15-20 minutes before my WI trying to remember what I ate for the past several days. I've still averaged a 2.75 pound per week weight loss.
If you decide to tell her that you prefer not to do it, I'd love to hear how she reacts to that, since your clinic sounds like mine. Too bad I don't think I have enough backbone to do that myself--I tend to avoid confrontations.

Last edited by tam67green; 04-07-2013 at 08:20 AM.
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

My clinic has never required that I write anything down. I don't think I would do very well at keeping an exact food journal and especially not one I had to actually write in instead of being able to input info on the computer. I think I would just write "ate on-protocol" one time for each day if someone would require that I write something...LOL! I am a rebel though and don't take too kindly to people telling me I "have to" do something.

good luck!
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote