Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #61  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

WI today, down 4 lbs, biggest weekly weight loss yet..week 6. And it was a super tough week. NSV, stick with program and it will work.

So exciting to hear the tales of people dropping clothes sizes. I am too but wearing everything baggy right now. I am particularly thrilled that my XL tops are loose and I feel great in them.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #62  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Not sure what happened to the NSV thread? But I have one!!
Oh, the dreaded staff room...today, not one, but TWO desserts and both my favorites, know what this girl did?? I sat as far away from them and savored every bite of my lunch without batting an eye.
Congrats to you and the others who are getting new willpower. I have it too and it is a bit astounding how easy it has been to say no. A new thing for me!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #63  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
Second WI, almost 3 weeks into IP and I lost another 4 pounds and a HUGE 6 inches! Yahoo...all while getting a visit from TOM! So excited!
WTG! Congrats - that is so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaner View Post
JenRem....thank you so much for the interesting post regarding food sensitivities. You explained it all very good..and should give us all some things to think about. Food sensitivities can be in so many forms and I do think cravings are for sure one that is so prevalent. Also some foods, grains are now modified that we should keep that in mind and be watchful for signs and symptoms that our bodies are not liking it.
You are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Not sure what happened to the NSV thread? But I have one!!
Oh, the dreaded staff room...today, not one, but TWO desserts and both my favorites, know what this girl did?? I sat as far away from them and savored every bite of my lunch without batting an eye. That.has.never.happened.
So proud of you and I know you are very proud of yourself. When you have times like these I like to remind myself that there will be a day down the road in maintenance when you can some of these desserts again. You are just making a conscious choice to do it after you get healthy! Hang in there! The more often you say "no" in difficult situations like this, the easier it gets and just becomes second nature.
WTG !!!
Regarding the NSV Thread. If someone hasn't posted on it recently, it will move back a few pages. When I have an NSV I want to share, I just scroll back page by page (starting with the most current) until I find it. If you then post on it, it will move to the top of page 1. Sometimes people won't say anything specific, but type "bump". This is what they are doing - moving it to page one for others to see because they feel it's an important Thread and they don't want to see it get lost too many pages back. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKande03 View Post
On day 4 and I feel GREAT! The past 3 days have been very tough. I'm so glad I'm on the other side.
I can't wait to buy a cute sundress.
Once you get over the hump of the initial bad days, you really don't think of them much unless you're discussing it with a newbie to IP. Or sometimes when you might think about cheating and you're like "there is no way I want to feel that bad again, getting back into ketosis!" lol!
So happy for you that you've stuck with it and are feeling better!
And that cute sundress shopping.... will be just around the corner!

Last edited by JenRem; 03-25-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Hi everyone , well i am back in Canada tomorrow from a great holiday. Did the best I could with my eating here in the Dominican Republic.. i do realize I need to get back into Ketosis but really really looking forward to being back on the plan 100 % . I honestly missed being on the plan .
Old 03-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Had my weigh in today, a day early and late in the afternoon (Compared to first thing in the morning before I eat anything.) So drum roll please? Down 1.7 pounds, go me!!!

As a side note I had asked that I not do their scan/ BCA readings anymore and was told it is mandatory and that I had to pay the fee. So I tried to explain how her reactions to the results and questions like: did I really cheat, eat too much or too little, really bother me since there has to be some margin of error with this machine. She was calm about it but everything she said came down to I can't be so sensitive because she is just doing her job and its a very hard job to do since dieters tend to lie or hide what they are consuming.

Thinking about this on my way home, I have decided to just quit, and by that I mean fire her. So now more than ever I know I will need all of you here on the forum, so I can still have an official Weigh in every week and to not just get complacent and start slacking off.
Great job on WI. I can't believe your coach said those things. Sounds like you are making a great decision and there are so many people here that will help you out.

I have to say thanks for all the good information I recieved from people today. Very theraputic for me and it is much appreciated.

My stomach seems to get angry at me with any food eaten and I still can feel it when not eating, but after food seems the worst right now. I tried a lovely new tea called Feeling Soothed with ginger, mint, and fennel. I am liking it. Presidents Choice brand for fellow Canucks. I think it's time for some Tylenol and bed soon. At least I feel well enough to eat my snack tonight. Couldn't do it last night.

Last edited by ladylunk; 03-25-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 229/218/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Great day!

Had a work at home day and a great dinner with steak and miracle noodles. I realized something today, my favorite yoga pants that I've worn forever can't be worn anymore. Is it weird to be sad about that?

I decided to change my goal weight again...I'm at my original goal weight now but realized that put me at the top of the healthy BMI range. After reading a bunch of maintenance posts yesterday I realized I needed to give myself some wiggle room. So now I have another 15 to go. Whee!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #67  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post

So, NO, I don't find it "weird" that we mostly ate what our body doesn't like (even though it might have been suffering some or all of those symptoms I shared earlier).... And I don't think you felt "fine" everyday - I think that way of feeling had just become your "norm" and you accepted it either because you didn't want to give up those foods or you didn't know how to change.

Great post Jen! I've had food sensitivities all my life although I wasn't always aware that was the problem. I just started naturally not eating certain foods because I didn't like the way I felt afterwards. It wasn't until years later, as an adult, that I read up on the subject and made the connection and identified certain foods.

I now recognize those same food sensitivities in my family members. When I've discussed the issue with them, they don't even think they have a problem. They just think the way their body reacts is normal and/or have said they're willing to put up with that issue because the food tastes too good to give up. Crazy.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #68  
Started IP Alt. 01/02/13

S/C/G: 193.4/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
I agree that you've "done pretty darn well so far"..... 32 lbs lost! WTG! Jen

Thanks JenRem :
Old 03-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #69  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone,
Been lurking for a while. I restarted IP a little over a week ago, and am down 8 pounds! I didn't want to post again until I got past that first week.
It feels good to be back!
Closed Thread