Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

I so need to clean out my closet. I have all the 'too big' clothes in a pile so far, but not given away yet. I have a couple pair of jeans and a couple pair of dress pants that fit, but now it seems all my shirts are too big! My Mom keeps telling me it's a nice problem to have. LOL
Old 03-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #17  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Hi Donna Gel....What you have said is very interesting to me. I am phasing off for a holiday and am on Phase 3 and yesterday and unfortunately today horrible stomach pains. Was hoping for stomach flu, but I have not thrown up even though the ripping/bubbling in my stomach feels like that is what should be happening. I am now starting to wonder about allergies or intolerance in the food I have been reintroducing. I have never felt like I have been sensitive to any food before. Could I have had a sensitivaty and not had symptoms? Could this diet have given me a sensitivaty? Of course I do not have the right kind of foods on hand to either not do dairy or wheat this morning and follow a proper phase 3 breakfast plan so am trying to figure out a plan for rest of week. Still holding out hope it is a bug. It really does have an inflammed feeling.....If anyone has any experience with this kind of thing advice would be appreciated. I will also be searching old threads.

Jeffiner great loss wow! That happened fast. Way to buckle down and get back in the game mentally.
I'm also on P3 and monitoring pretty carefully how I react when I use different grains in my breakfast. Was there anything different included for the first time since going on P3 in your breakfast yesterday & today?

Last edited by evepet; 03-25-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
It could very well be something you ate. I wouldn't say that IP gave you a sensitivity, but it may have removed symptoms that you just never noticed before. I'm not sure. My personal opinion has always been 95% of my medical issues are food related. Up until IP I never bothered trying to prove it.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe my body pre ip was just used to whatever could be causing this? And after having a break from these foods it is showing me it's bad for me? If only I knew what it was.... I can't say I have any medical issues. Can usually pretty much handle any foods. Well used too. But these last two days really have me wondering. Switching phases I never had a care in the world about food sensitivity as I just never thought it applied to me. Now I wish I had factored it in. But the other part of me is really rebelling right now. I do not want to have a known allergy. Part of my mind set is just saying get over it everything will settle down soon. Bad way to think, but that's my bad side that does not want to deal with things.

Last edited by ladylunk; 03-25-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #19  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I had a great day shopping with my mom yesterday. I bought a dress and "pretty" red shoes. I can't remember the last time I bought a dress. It was fun being able to choose an outfit instead of just buying what fit!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7

Morning all! I just sat down to have a cup of choc drink (cocoa) and it's all froth! Does anyone have any tried and true methods of preparing it so this doesn't happen?

Today is going to be a good day. I'm going to have all of my packets today while at work since it's my TOM. I'm craving sweet and chocolate.....and bed! Can't wait til the work day is over.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm also on P3 and monitoring pretty carefully how I react when I use different grains in my breakfast. Was there anything different included for the first time since going on P3 in your breakfast yesterday & today?
So you are watching grains more than dairy? I have used only muesli and whole wheat flour. Today is day four. For dairy first day yogurt. Second day tablespoon of cream cheese introduced. Third day (already feeling horrible at this point) introduced ricotta. All low fat versions of course. I actually woke up yesterday thinking my steak was too rich from the night before. First beef tenderloin since starting and it was a treat.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 143/133/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Good morning everyone been off the boards for a couple of weeks. Got on the scale this am & can tell that not being accountable did not help my weight loss. My husband just left this am for an assignment for work so will be gone a few months. So today is my day 1 & I have already eliminated all hubby's food from the house so I can get back on track. Carbs have left the building! Hope everyone has a great day.
Good luck with your restart. Remember 1 day at a time!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #23  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Morning all! I just sat down to have a cup of choc drink (cocoa) and it's all froth! Does anyone have any tried and true methods of preparing it so this doesn't happen?

Today is going to be a good day. I'm going to have all of my packets today while at work since it's my TOM. I'm craving sweet and chocolate.....and bed! Can't wait til the work day is over.

Have a great day everyone!
Don't microwave it after mixing. I heat up the water seperately, then add a little bit of the hot water to the choc drink and stir until smooth. Then add the rest of the hot water.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #24  

Quote:
Hi Donna Gel....What you have said is very interesting to me. I am phasing off for a holiday and am on Phase 3 and yesterday and unfortunately today horrible stomach pains. Was hoping for stomach flu, but I have not thrown up even though the ripping/bubbling in my stomach feels like that is what should be happening. I am now starting to wonder about allergies or intolerance in the food I have been reintroducing. I have never felt like I have been sensitive to any food before. Could I have had a sensitivity and not had symptoms? Could this diet have given me a sensitivity? Of course I do not have the right kind of foods on hand to either not do dairy or wheat this morning and follow a proper phase 3 breakfast plan so am trying to figure out a plan for rest of week. Still holding out hope it is a bug. It really does have an inflamed feeling.....If anyone has any experience with this kind of thing advice would be appreciated. I will also be searching old threads.
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Maybe my body pre ip was just used to whatever could be causing this? And after having a break from these foods it is showing me it's bad for me? If only I knew what it was.... I can't say I have any medical issues. Can usually pretty much handle any foods. Well used too. But these last two days really have me wondering. Switching phases I never had a care in the world about food sensitivity as I just never thought it applied to me. Now I wish I had factored it in. But the other part of me is really rebelling right now. I do not want to have a known allergy. Part of my mind set is just saying get over it everything will settle down soon. Bad way to think, but that's my bad side that does not want to deal with things.
From things I've read over the years, I have some ideas:
First, when we don't eat something for a while (for example grains, dairy), the enzymes to digest it "hybernate". This is why if someone is vegetarian for a while but chooses to reintroduce meat, they get sick if they aren't very careful with the reintroduction. Reintroducing little by little is probably best.

Second, you could very well have some food sensitivities. IP wouldn't have caused them but could have made you more attuned to them. When we were just eating whatever, whenever, we hardly paused to pay attention to how it made us feel.

I decided to go gluten/soy free & when I had the "new" IP pasta, it clinched it for me. I wasn't 100% gluten free at that point but boy did my tummy rumble after that pasta. The soy is for another reason.

And I completely understand "rebelling". Folks who were around when I gave up soy & started reading IP labels will recall my hissy fit. I had a VERY tearful weekend and at one point was thinking I wouldn't be about to do this diet. But you know what? We do what we need to do.

It may settle down...if it is just needing to "reawaken" the correct enzymes for digesting the food. If it doesn't, you'll know soon enough. In the meantime, keep track of what you eat and how you feel. Do you take digestive enzymes? It may help until all settles down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
I had a great day shopping with my mom yesterday. I bought a dress and "pretty" red shoes. I can't remember the last time I bought a dress. It was fun being able to choose an outfit instead of just buying what fit!
Oh so fun! I have a couple of dresses that fit again but I realized I have no shoes to wear with them. In addition to being over 100 lbs overweight I needed foot surgery (which I had last May) and could only wear Birks. I need some cute shoes for the cute dress. My foot is still in the final stages of healing so I'll have to be selective (no 5" heels like Monica)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn again View Post
I so need to clean out my closet. I have all the 'too big' clothes in a pile so far, but not given away yet. I have a couple pair of jeans and a couple pair of dress pants that fit, but now it seems all my shirts are too big! My Mom keeps telling me it's a nice problem to have. LOL
My mom says things like that too. It IS nice, but at the same time, a girl must be DRESSED!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 284.6/284.6/180.0

Height: 5'7"

fam4me- You look great! I can't wait to be down to the weight you are! Awesome job!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #26  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Don't microwave it after mixing. I heat up the water seperately, then add a little bit of the hot water to the choc drink and stir until smooth. Then add the rest of the hot water.
Ahhhhh... Makes sense! Thanks!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Afternoon everyone - my third full week on program will be this Thursday. So far, it has been so easy to follow. Today I met with my Health Coach at work (work has a great Wellnes Program which is totally separate from IP) and told her that I thought my goal weight should be 137 because that would put min in the normal weight BMI catagory. While see was fine with it she told me not to get hung up on the BMI. Sooooo... somewhere between 137-140 will be my goal. Will see how I feel.

Last edited by safetylady; 03-25-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: missed words
Old 03-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #28  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
So you are watching grains more than dairy? I have used only muesli and whole wheat flour. Today is day four. For dairy first day yogurt. Second day tablespoon of cream cheese introduced. Third day (already feeling horrible at this point) introduced ricotta. All low fat versions of course. I actually woke up yesterday thinking my steak was too rich from the night before. First beef tenderloin since starting and it was a treat.
Yes, I'm more concerned personally with seeing how different grains are going to affect me. I already pretty much know that I'm slightly lactose intolerant, and have been using almond milk. Plus I've added a fair amount of lower fat Greek Yogourt and Ricotta Cheese for my dairy. For the grains, I've been using mostly oatmeal, oat bran, quinoa... some of my P3 breakfasts include 1/2 of a whole wheat english muffin, but that's the only wheat I've included so far. Interesting point you made about the rich beef tenderloin... I can see the 'richness' maybe affecting your digestive system temporarily, but doubt it would last into today as well.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
From things I've read over the years, I have some ideas:
First, when we don't eat something for a while (for example grains, dairy), the enzymes to digest it "hybernate". This is why if someone is vegetarian for a while but chooses to reintroduce meat, they get sick if they aren't very careful with the reintroduction. Reintroducing little by little is probably best.

Second, you could very well have some food sensitivities. IP wouldn't have caused them but could have made you more attuned to them. When we were just eating whatever, whenever, we hardly paused to pay attention to how it made us feel.

I decided to go gluten/soy free & when I had the "new" IP pasta, it clinched it for me. I wasn't 100% gluten free at that point but boy did my tummy rumble after that pasta. The soy is for another reason.

And I completely understand "rebelling". Folks who were around when I gave up soy & started reading IP labels will recall my hissy fit. I had a VERY tearful weekend and at one point was thinking I wouldn't be about to do this diet. But you know what? We do what we need to do.

It may settle down...if it is just needing to "reawaken" the correct enzymes for digesting the food. If it doesn't, you'll know soon enough. In the meantime, keep track of what you eat and how you feel. Do you take digestive enzymes? It may help until all settles down.

!
Thanks Lisa good to hear from you as I know you encountered food sensitivity early on. Let's hope it's just waking up! I like that idea much better! I'll just keep going for the next few days with what I have already purchased and see if it calms down. I actually don't know what digestive enzymes are. Probiotics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Yes, I'm more concerned personally with seeing how different grains are going to affect me. I already pretty much know that I'm slightly lactose intolerant, and have been using almond milk. Plus I've added a fair amount of lower fat Greek Yogourt and Ricotta Cheese for my dairy. For the grains, I've been using mostly oatmeal, oat bran, quinoa... some of my P3 breakfasts include 1/2 of a whole wheat english muffin, but that's the only wheat I've included so far. Interesting point you made about the rich beef tenderloin... I can see the 'richness' maybe affecting your digestive system temporarily, but doubt it would last into today as well.
Shoot about the steak. I am going to monitor and hopefully this will calm down. I guess muesli was not the smartest thing to purchase to start off with it has all kinds of grains in there. Appreciate the advice.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5'4

Tried on a pair of size 10 shorts and they fit!! The brand name is Sonoma and I know that they run big but the size 12's in jeans that I've worn through the winter or getting lose. I've also lost 3 1/2 inches in my waist. Yaaaayyy!!

Now as far as my weight...I am actually 2 lbs heavier in the last two days and I think it has a lot to do with being constipated. I've taken a laxative for the past two days but no luck any suggestions?
Closed Thread