Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #46  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Happy weekend everyone! I see I have quite a number of fellow Washingtonians on this board!

I have a question about the cauliflower mash. How do you make it not turn out lumpy? Is there a certain amount of liquid that must be added or a special type of blender? Thanks in advance for any input.
Same instructions as the last person gave, only I don't usually put my protein in it. I will sometimes add a tablespoon of olive or grapeseed oil for a very velvety texture. Not needed if you've gotten your daily oil elsewhere.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Morning everyone -

Have decided that I am going to set my goal weight to whatever my weight is next weigh in next Thursday. Originally thought that I wanted it to be 140 but the changed to 135. Have come to the realization that where I am is good! Know that everyone is different, I need to learn to be happy at a place that I can learn to stay at.

Have a wonderful day! The sun is shining in Massachusetts today!!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 306/ticker/220

Height: 6ft

Morning everyone! In Philly for a baseball tournament for my son. I know the family will want to hit Claymont steak shop on the way home... Should be very interesting to say the least. First time I won't be getting a cheesesteak but I feel so much better. Maybe I will try their steak salad!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #49  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Morning everyone -

Have decided that I am going to set my goal weight to whatever my weight is next weigh in next Thursday. Originally thought that I wanted it to be 140 but the changed to 135. Have come to the realization that where I am is good! Know that everyone is different, I need to learn to be happy at a place that I can learn to stay at.

Have a wonderful day! The sun is shining in Massachusetts today!!
I think that is a great way to set your goal! It's not about the number on the scale, it's about how you feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afbrown2 View Post
Morning everyone! In Philly for a baseball tournament for my son. I know the family will want to hit Claymont steak shop on the way home... Should be very interesting to say the least. First time I won't be getting a cheesesteak but I feel so much better. Maybe I will try their steak salad!
It's an opportunity to try something new.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #50  

Height: 5'7

Good morning, all! It's my Monday, so back to work for me! I found two flavors that I love of syntrax,so I'm bringing those along for the day. Double stuffed cookie and chocolate truffle. I hope you all have a beautiful day!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I used chicken stock in my chicken/veggie soup
And drinking a tea from fresh ginger and lemons. I think it attracted the whoosh fairy!
Lisa,
How do you make your chicken stock and ginger and lemon tea? I think I have a similar cold and cannot stomach solid food right now. Thanks.

I love reading everyone's posts. It sounds like this has been a great week for many people. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Good morning all ! Had a rough day yesterday with travelling on the road. Took my veg's and pack with me but boy was I starving . Had to stop and get a salad with /chicken because I just felt sick to my stomach . Feeling much hungrier lately. Is this normal ?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #53  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Good morning all ! Had a rough day yesterday with travelling on the road. Took my veg's and pack with me but boy was I starving . Had to stop and get a salad with /chicken because I just felt sick to my stomach . Feeling much hungrier lately. Is this normal ?
Very much so. I had a few bouts with hunger along the way, in the middle of my weight loss and definitely toward the end. I think it's just a sign of the body adjusting along the way. Water, Lettuce, egg whites, an occasional hard boiled egg...and sometimes just some good old fashioned grit and perseverance got me through.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #54  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Very much so. I had a few bouts with hunger along the way, in the middle of my weight loss and definitely toward the end. I think it's just a sign of the body adjusting along the way. Water, Lettuce, egg whites, an occasional hard boiled egg...and sometimes just some good old fashioned grit and perseverance got me through.
I agree. It is nice when I feel satisfied, but sometimes, I don't....and I have to deal with it in different ways than I am used to. Frustrating? Yes, but this too shall pass, it always does
Old 04-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
Lisa,
How do you make your chicken stock and ginger and lemon tea? I think I have a similar cold and cannot stomach solid food right now. Thanks.
Post about the chicken soup

Tea: I bought some fresh ginger root and lemons.
Peeled and chopped some ginger, put it in my teapot, scrubbed a lemon, quartered it, squeezed the juice in & then tossed in the quarters. Steeped in hot water. I put leftovers in a bottle to drink cold.
I'm drinking more of the tea today. Kind of pushed it the last day or so with visiting family and I'm not feeling real hot.

For just the chicken stock, I make chicken bone broth. That should be pretty easy to google. Bone broth is well known for health benefits.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 297.7/288.4/200

Height: 5'8"

First week on IP alternatives. Lost 8.3 lbs. I had a few days where I was always hungry, but just drank more water.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcn1254 View Post
First week on IP alternatives. Lost 8.3 lbs. I had a few days where I was always hungry, but just drank more water.
Congrats!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 297/212/169

Dana, How great you're doing on your first month!

Spiritman, Happy Birthday! And I truly love your birthday present of hitting that goal!

I've been on the diet for 14 weeks, and just today hit 56 pounds lost. LEMON WATER seems to accelerate my losses. Discovered that recently. Dont know if it's the electrolites from the lemon or if its because the lemon is helping to flush the liver. Irregardless, it's definitely making a difference so I'll continue.

Happy OP weekend !
Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 297/212/169

Lisa, the ginger root and lemon tea sounds awesome! thx for the tip .
I hope you feel better before the day is out.
and your consistent weight loss and conviction continues to inspire me. Thx!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #60  

Height: 5'7

So, I was going through some of the IP coaching videos and came across one where they were suggesting the Nuun tablets for electrolytes. Can I really have this? I'm in love with the tropical flavor and this would really be super fantastic if I could drink this daily!! Any thoughts?

http://shop.nuun.com/tropical
Closed Thread