Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #46  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo2551 View Post
Good Morning IPer's!
I've been IP since Oct and have done quite well. Lately I've seemed to hit a wall mentally and not sure how to break through it. I still have about 28lbs to go before I hit goal and I find that I'm just "tired" of dieting. I love IP and what it has done for me and want to continue my journey until I reach goal but need to find how to mentally push myself ahead....
I can completely identify with you on this as well. I've for 18 lbs to go, but IM OVER IT! But we've come this far... WE CAN DO IT! (I type this as I gag down some raw broccoli w/ that awful WF thousand island dressing...barf).
I may never eat steak again after I'm in maintenance lol
Old 03-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

I hope everyone is having an OP day!!
I had my weigh in Wednesday, -3 pounds.

I must admit I am a daily weigher. Sometimes I weigh myself morning and night.....crazy right? I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, an I have literally gained 5 pounds in 2 days before-so I always felt like I had to weigh everyday to make sure things didn't get out of control.
Well, this week I am going to pick up my scale and try not to weigh myself at all.

For my fellow quest bar eaters-do you count the quest bars as a restricted? I think I will, just to be on the safe side.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo2551 View Post
Good Morning IPer's!
I've been IP since Oct and have done quite well. Lately I've seemed to hit a wall mentally and not sure how to break through it. I still have about 28lbs to go before I hit goal and I find that I'm just "tired" of dieting. I love IP and what it has done for me and want to continue my journey until I reach goal but need to find how to mentally push myself ahead....
This is me!! My Facebook status from yesterday says, "I am so flipping over vegetables and protein". Yesterday was the first day I feel like I hit a mental wall. My weight loss has slowed, and the 150 mark is driving me nuts. Lol!! It was the first day I could barely even swallow my veggies :-(
Of course, I will press in an stay the course. Glad we have this group so we don't feel so alone!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #49  
Started IP 1/1/13

S/C/G: 132/See Ticker/118

Height: 5'4"

4Mom:

Quote:
I have managed to make it through all the holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years) 100% OP, but tomorrow I leave on a mini vacation for my Birthday and a little scared that I wont stay 100% staying in a hotel no fridge or microwave. So my plan is no soups cause no way to heat I will drink RTD's for breakfast, lunch will be a salad I have single WF packets, RTD or puddings and already cut up veggies, dinner will have to be out :-( not sure I'm ready for this, but I could not put my life on hold forever.
I just got back from a business trip where I had to get a little creative to remain OP because I didn't have a fridge or microwave either. As as soon as I got to my destination, I went on a grocery shopping trip and picked up some bagged salad and pre-cut vegetables. I also bought one of those little styrofoam coolers and kept it stocked with ice to keep my veggies and salad cold in the hotel room. If you like tuna, the pouches are great for quick protein that you don't need to keep refrigerated. I just added some WF dressing to it.

I brought a small soft-sided cooler as well and just put a baggie of ice in it so I could take food with me when I was out. I was so glad I did too, because the lunches they brought in for us were completely off plan. I literally could not eat ANY of it!

It takes a little doing, but it is definitely possible to stay OP while traveling. Good luck, and enjoy your trip!

Last edited by PacNW IP; 03-21-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #50  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
For my fellow quest bar eaters-do you count the quest bars as a restricted? I think I will, just to be on the safe side.
I know everyone is different, but based on the IP guidelines, this is how I think it works.

These are the guidelines to be a suitable IP alternative:
Under 200 calories per serving
less than 30% calories from fat (multiply the total cal by .3, if the total cal from fat is less than that number, it's fine)

8g NET carbs or less = unrestricted
9g-16g NET carbs = restricted (once per day)
17g NET carbs = super restricted (twice per week only)
Above 17g net carbs is too high

at least 12-15g protein

Therefore:
Choc Cookie Dough - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Chocolate Brownie - 5 net carbs - unrestricted
Vanilla Almond - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Peanut Supreme - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Apple Pie - 6 net carbs - unrestricted
Mixed Berry - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
PB & J - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Banana Nut - 9 net carbs - Restricted
Peanut Butter Chocolate - 8 net carbs - unrestricted
Cinnamon Roll - 7 net carbs - unrestricted
Coconut Cashew - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Strawberry Cheesecake - 8 net carbs - unrestricted
Lemon Cream Pie - 8 net carbs - unrestricted

I thought that anything 8 or over was restricted, so I count them that way. Also, some people count them as restricted since they are over 150 calories.

Last edited by Bella73123; 03-21-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Woke up this morning on phase one. Had my final weigh in for the next month and as of lunch I am on phase 2. I had some turkey maple "sausage" patties left over so had those and some scrambled eggs with mushrooms. Will roast remailing veggies in a bit. My coach was actually just going to put me straight to phase 3, but there is a lot to read through and I wasn't sure what to get at the store. I bought whole wheat organic flour, fat free greek yogurt, museli, and eggs. So hopefully that will get me started while I read and prepare for my week at Phase 3. Probably start in the next couple of days.

I lost 3 pounds this week. For the record I was one pound off my first goal. But as my mother tells me why is it so important to get to 175? So you can be there for a day? Exactly. Coach says will gain 2-3 pounds of sugar water pretty quick. And then it depends how I eat away that will determine from there. I lost 26 pounds in 9 weeks. Very happy with that.

Sorry for those struggling mentally with the plan. Wishing you all good luck with getting through it. You can do it.

Last edited by ladylunk; 03-21-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 183/154/140

Height: 5'2"

Yum, kale chips! I was a little too heavy with the sea salt on them, but they are good.

Has anyone else tried them?
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 183/154/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Good morning everyone! I think I need a hobby! Hours at my office have changed to spring/summer (you wouldn't know it by looking outside!) so I'm not tied down here as long each week now. But I get home and go stir crazy, I didn't realize how much of a "boredom eater" I was. I'm taking on extra projects to stay at work a bit later or bring home, my house is cleaner than ever, and I walk as much as I think is allowed and can do in the cold! Any suggestions for a craft hobby? Or a good book series?
I learned to knit. It keeps your hands busy, and you can listen to audio books while knitting and drinking tea!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 143/133/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
I know everyone is different, but based on the IP guidelines, this is how I think it works.

These are the guidelines to be a suitable IP alternative:
Under 200 calories per serving
less than 30% calories from fat (multiply the total cal by .3, if the total cal from fat is less than that number, it's fine)

8g NET carbs or less = unrestricted
9g-16g NET carbs = restricted (once per day)
17g NET carbs = super restricted (twice per week only)
Above 17g net carbs is too high

at least 12-15g protein

Therefore:
Choc Cookie Dough - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Chocolate Brownie - 5 net carbs - unrestricted
Vanilla Almond - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Peanut Supreme - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Apple Pie - 6 net carbs - unrestricted
Mixed Berry - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
PB & J - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Banana Nut - 9 net carbs - Restricted
Peanut Butter Chocolate - 8 net carbs - unrestricted
Cinnamon Roll - 7 net carbs - unrestricted
Coconut Cashew - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Strawberry Cheesecake - 8 net carbs - unrestricted
Lemon Cream Pie - 8 net carbs - unrestricted

I thought that anything 8 or over was restricted, so I count them that way. Also, some people count them as restricted since they are over 150 calories.

Great info....Thanks!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
You and I started at about the same weight and height, so I hope this comment from my perspective will help you. When I started the protocol, I set my goal at 10 pounds a month, which is reasonable for the 2-3 pound loss expected each week. Because of our size and starting weight, we're not going to loose anywhere as much weekly as larger people. You mentioned loosing weight faster years ago, so age may also be a factor in slower loss (I'm still pushing 60 from the low side, but not for much longer). When I started hitting weeks where I lost less than 2 pounds, even though higher weeks still made totals average over 2 pounds, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed because so many people were consistently loosing so much more. But then I reframed my thinking, and realized that I set a weight goal, but it wasn't reasonable to hold myself to any timeline. I'm still HOPING for 10 pounds a month, but if it doesn't happen, and it takes me an extra month (or two) to get to my goal, what difference does it make? I'm in such a better place than I was when I started, no matter how fast the weight is coming off! My advice is don't put pressure on yourself by trying to adhere to a timeline. Celebrate every pound lost, and look at the big picture.
What a Great way to look at things, I too am about the same starting weight and height. I didn't even think of setting mini goals until I one day realized I had lost 25lbs and decided to buy a couple pairs of jeans as a reward, I bought one in a comfortable size and grabbed another pair one size smaller. I went home that night and tried on the smaller ones to see how far I had to go to get in them, I was shocked!! when I could actually button them. I am wearing them on a regular basis now. Just take it one OP day at a time and the weight will take care of it's self. Be strong and be proud of each accomplishment, you are worth it!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #56  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

usmcvet, Spiritman, Glover girl - Thanks, I appreciate it!
usmcvet - I don't know what happened either; that's very strange that it posted out of order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Mom View Post
I have managed to make it through all the holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years) 100% OP, but tomorrow I leave on a mini vacation for my Birthday and a little scared that I wont stay 100% staying in a hotel no fridge or microwave. So my plan is no soups cause no way to heat I will drink RTD's for breakfast, lunch will be a salad I have single WF packets, RTD or puddings and already cut up veggies, dinner will have to be out :-( not sure I'm ready for this, but I could not put my life on hold forever.
I don't think you can do this, I KNOW you can do this. You've proved how determined and committed you are thus far! Remember when you order out at a restaurant, just ask them to cook your meat with no added oils or seasonings and confirm what the cooked vegetables are beforehand (sometimes they'll have things like carrots that we can't have on P1 - I usually just ask for ALL steamed broccoli). Sometimes the hotels will have a microwave down by the office that can be used even if there isn't one in your room - you might check. Good Luck and let us know how it goes!
Have a wonderful BIRTHDAY vacation! And enjoy how much healthier your body is becoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW IP View Post
4Mom: I just got back from a business trip where I had to get a little creative to remain OP.
Good Job - you rocked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Woke up this morning on phase one. Had my final weigh in for the next month and as of lunch I am on phase 2. I lost 26 pounds in 9 weeks. Very happy with that.
Congrats! WTG! If you haven't already, you might start lurking on the Maintainers Thread (I plan to do this when I'm closer to goal).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also sorry to hear about so many struggling mentally with being OP and just simply having it take longer to lose as you get closer to goal. It seems that this can be very normal as I've been on 3FC for 6 months and have read many posts. Thankfully, I haven't really had any huge struggles yet, but have quite a ways to go until I'm to goal (as I will probably lower goal down the road).
Hopefully some IPer's who have been in your situation and powered thru to make it to goal will chime in and give some good advice. Since, quite a few are struggling, it might be an important enough topic to create a separate Thread, if there aren't many responses by the end of the day.

Jen
Old 03-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I have always read people using hot tea to stop hunger pains but have never tried it. So today I bought "Yogi" Green Tea - Blueberry Slim Life. It said that it "Energizes and Supports a Dieting Program". I must say that after having a nice cup of hot tea, my hunger went away. Go figure...LOL
Hmmmm...I'll have to try that.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #58  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
I can completely identify with you on this as well. I've for 18 lbs to go, but IM OVER IT! But we've come this far... WE CAN DO IT! (I type this as I gag down some raw broccoli w/ that awful WF thousand island dressing...barf).
I may never eat steak again after I'm in maintenance lol
Haha! I'm with you gals. My breaking point was DRINKING every meal. BLECH. Thank GOD for Quest bars. They have been a life saver.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #59  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

My dryer 'shrunk' jeans are even getting to be too loose on me! Great NSV today!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #60  
started IP Oct 3/12

S/C/G: 225/restart 188/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
Haha! I'm with you gals. My breaking point was DRINKING every meal. BLECH. Thank GOD for Quest bars. They have been a life saver.
What are these Quest bars everybody is talking about and are they available in Canada? Do they taste good? I'm quite picky when it comes to my bars and if they taste really chalky it's a definite turn off for me
Closed Thread