Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #16  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannaA View Post
Good morning everyone
So I have a sinus infection... which is such a pain! I am continually lightheaded and woozy - I even had to go to bed at 930 last night as I had a fever and thought I was going to die! I didnt get my before bed shake in.. I had a really hard time getting my supper down!
So my question is this... if I can focus on getting my water and shakes down today... how bad will it be if I dont eat my veggies today? At this moment I cant even fathom eating veggies or meat ....but I dont want to kick myself out of the progress I have had so far this week (even with being sick and all the walking we did on our weekend away!)
Thoughts....suggestions?
It is hard being sick and sticking to a program but I believe the food nutrients help your body heal so don't starve it by skipping food. Try veggies purees or putting spinach in your shakes to try to get the veggies in. Purees in the soup work well and hot food might be more comforting. While sick, I usually skip the 8 oz protein and replace it with 2 non-restricted packets. It feels easier to get in and less work. An omelette or tofu is also lighter protein for me that I can sometimes manage.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebertwhite9 View Post
Hello everyone...I have been gathering valuable information from this site for a couple of weeks. This is my first post, and my first day starting IP. I am doing the RTDs from my local grocery. I have my veggies cooked and put up for the next two days. Wish me luck!
Keep in mind that the first week can be very trying to say the least. You should also experience the largest weight loss but stay true to the program and it does work. Follow the Alternatives thread for what works with IP. Good luck and welcome aboard
Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #18  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

NSV this weekend, DH had a bunch of his buddies over and I had to feed them so I ordered pizza for them...this was the first time I was really tempted and bummed that I couldn't partake but I resisted!

Overall, this weekend was tough. We are replacing the floor in the living room/kitchen so I have been working on pulling up the old carpet/floor and tons of staples...with the extra exercise I should be eating more but I just couldn't find anything that was appealing to me. I stayed OP but I gotta say that this weekend was the first time that I felt unsatisfied with my options.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannaA View Post
Good morning everyone
So I have a sinus infection... which is such a pain! I am continually lightheaded and woozy - I even had to go to bed at 930 last night as I had a fever and thought I was going to die! I didnt get my before bed shake in.. I had a really hard time getting my supper down!
So my question is this... if I can focus on getting my water and shakes down today... how bad will it be if I dont eat my veggies today? At this moment I cant even fathom eating veggies or meat ....but I dont want to kick myself out of the progress I have had so far this week (even with being sick and all the walking we did on our weekend away!)
Thoughts....suggestions?
Hope you feel better soon, stay hydrated and rest!!!
D
Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #20  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I just started wearing Dockers that I have had in the back of the closet since 2004. Since December 10th I have gone down from a 44 to a 38 inch waist.I kept them hoping for a dream and now I've found it. Two more weeks and I'll have to get rid of every pair of pants and jeans in my closet. I plan on hitting the Goodwill's for a few new ones. I don't want to got and buy new when they will be useless in a month or so.

Allergies are kicking butt today.
So happy for you! Hubby just got into his size 38 Dockers this weekend too!!!!

Quote:
I made the "Roasted Zucchini & Basil Rosettes" from the recipes thread. OMG were they delicious. I ate them all up in the same day. I will be taking this dish to my family reunion to prove to people that I can cook.
Lol!! I am ALSO shocking people with my new and improved cooking skills (I dislike being in the kitchen.....except to EAT that is )! Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebertwhite9 View Post
Hello everyone...I have been gathering valuable information from this site for a couple of weeks. This is my first post, and my first day starting IP. I am doing the RTDs from my local grocery. I have my veggies cooked and put up for the next two days. Wish me luch!
Good luck!!!

-----------------------

One month from today I will be in my Happy Place ....a.k.a DISNEY WORLD!:
Can't wait for the warmer weather.......really getting sick of all this WHITE STUFF!! Grrr!

A few sporadic questions.....

I purchased Coconut oil and am using it with the "alternative" Sweet Roll mix recipe to make cookies. This coconut oil is solid, so I micro it first and then add it to the mixture. Just curious, does anyone use liquid coconut oil and if so where did you get it ( PS: I use refined as I dislike coconut flavor). Thx!

Specifically regarding Alternatives guidelines and sugar content.... How do I know when a pdct has too much sugar? I received a sample bar in my Nashua Nutrition order.....
Proti-Thin Protein Bar - Chocolate Decadence . All the numbers look good, but I'm kinda concerned with the sugar. Hubby ate it last night before I could figure out what it was and if it was ok. He counted it as a Restricted no question, but I don't want to order some if they're not OP.......

Serving Size: 1 Bar (42g) Servings Per Container: 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5g
Saturated Fat 2.5g
Trans. Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 160mg
Potassium 190mg
Total Carbohydrate 16g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugars 5g
Sugar Alcohol 6g
Protein 15g
Iron 10% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Vitamin A 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Vitamin C 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Calcium 6% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
I n g r e d i e n t s
Protein blend (soy protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, milk protein concentrate), maltitol syrup, sugar, glycerin, fructooligosaccharides, water, fractionated palm and palm kernel oil, almonds, cocoa powder (processed with alkali), organic cane sugar, unsweetened chocolate, tapioca starch, modified milk ingredients, milk ingredients, prune juice concentrate, natural and artificial flavors, maltitol, mono- and diglycerides, salt, pectin, sucralose (non-nutritive sweetener), cellulose, vanilla extract, sodium phosphate, sodium citrate, calcium carbonate, soy lecithin, carrageenan.
May also contain eggs, wheat, tree nuts and peanuts.
Hubby LOVED this bar, but I'm just not clear on the "sugar" guidelines. Thx!

Finally, has anyone made the IP ice cream using a RTD? I just don't like the taste of the packets. I made it over the weekend, it was good, but if it tasted like the RTD's I think it would be much better (to me).

Hope you all have a Magical Monday!!!

Last edited by disgal; 03-18-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #21  
Started IP 11/28/12

Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone has a wonderful 100% OP week!

I weighed in this last Saturday and I was so happy to see that I lost 3.8 lbs which puts me 10.2 lbs away from being in ONDERLAND and 5 lbs away from reaching my mini goal of losing 20% of my starting weight!!!

And...look at my bicycle chick...she's getting close to the 1/2 way mark. I'm thrilled. Just love the Ideal Protein protocol and so glad that I also started using alternatives. I was really nervous at first about it, but of course with all the support around here, it made the transition less scarey.

Thank you!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone has a wonderful 100% OP week!

I weighed in this last Saturday and I was so happy to see that I lost 3.8 lbs which puts me 10.2 lbs away from being in ONDERLAND and 5 lbs away from reaching my mini goal of losing 20% of my starting weight!!!

And...look at my bicycle chick...she's getting close to the 1/2 way mark. I'm thrilled. Just love the Ideal Protein protocol and so glad that I also started using alternatives. I was really nervous at first about it, but of course with all the support around here, it made the transition less scarey.

Thank you!
Congratulations you are doing so well. Can I ask what type of alternatives you are using?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #23  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Specifically regarding Alternatives guidelines and sugar content.... How do I know when a pdct has too much sugar? I received a sample bar in my Nashua Nutrition order.....
Proti-Thin Protein Bar - Chocolate Decadence . All the numbers look good, but I'm kinda concerned with the sugar. Hubby ate it last night before I could figure out what it was and if it was ok. He counted it as a Restricted no question, but I don't want to order some if they're not OP.......
I always use the attached sheet of the actual IP products as a reference when selecting alternatives. A lot of the IP restricteds have 5g of sugar or more.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nutritional_info 082812.pdf (189.1 KB, 50 views)
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Has anyone heard anything about the lemon soy puffs being discontinued? I have recently started to really like these and went to get more at my clinic only to find shelf empty. They said they could not order them in and thought they might be getting discontinued or could be changing up the product???? Anyway just wondering if anyone knows anything. I got the lemon poppy seed bars and not what I was looking for. Back to Pureprotein from walmart as they are so cheap and good. Except a bit too good.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #25  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I always use the attached sheet of the actual IP products as a reference when selecting alternatives. A lot of the IP restricteds have 5g of sugar or more.
Ok thx! I have that list printed from a couple years ago.....I didn't even think to compare....I'll take a look!
----------------------
Old 03-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #26  
started 2/22/11

Ummmmm.....WHO suggested the Vlasic no sugar added Sweet Gherkins the other day?????
OMG......D E L I S H!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #27  

Quote:
I made the "Roasted Zucchini & Basil Rosettes" from the recipes thread. OMG were they delicious. I ate them all up in the same day. I will be taking this dish to my family reunion to prove to people that I can cook.
I made them yesterday too (green theme I guess?)
YUM!
I wish zucchini were less expensive in these parts in the winter. I'll be adding more plants to my garden this summer!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

@Hebert White- good Luck! =)

We cooked out steaks last night-- since I knew I was only allowed 5 oz (having eaten 3 oz tuna earlier..) I had my hubby go and buy me the MOST expensive tenderloin cut they had-- and he didn't mind because the rest of the family is fine with those little pre-made tenderloins with baked potatoes & butter.. it was totally worth the splurge and so yummy!! Especially since it was only a little bit, I thought why not go first class! Love it when a really yummy dinner is completely on plan! ( had with a side of roasted rutabagas and WF BBQ sauce!)
Old 03-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5'4

Default Cheat day

Tomorrow makes two weeks that I will be on IP diet. Yesterday I took a cheat day and had shrimp, a couple of beers and some chips. I started back today and was concerned that I would have to go through the withdraws for carbs again but it's been fine. Now just hoping that it didn't mess up the weight loss. Anyone take a cheat day?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #30  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkeetoz View Post
Anyone take a cheat day?
Nope. Too expensive for me to be on this 1 day or 1 dollar longer than I have to be. Also I can't think of anything that will taste as good as the feeling of stepping on the scale the day I reach my goal weight for the 1st time in my adult life.

Last edited by M35A2; 03-18-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Closed Thread