3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Why do you want to lose weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276975-why-do-you-want-lose-weight.html)

claygirl 03-05-2013 12:21 AM

Why do you want to lose weight?

I've just been asking myself this lately. Vanity? Health? Definitely a combo for me!

ainiclive 03-05-2013 12:25 AM

To remain active, healthy and charming. Don't want to get dependent on others in my older age.

bellasamimom 03-05-2013 12:27 AM

Because I feel so much better not eating all the crap I was putting in my body. I used to think I didn't sleep well now I think it was all the sugar. Since starting IP I sleep all night every night. Also to be a better role model to my girls. I don't want them to have the same issues I have had.

Nzgirl 03-05-2013 01:35 AM

I love fashion! I want to be able to choose clothes because I love them not just because they fit(they don't even fit at the moment!)

Also I want to be healthy and be a good role model for my daughter. Oh and I want to meet someone special too, and i don't have the confidence for that yet

Desafinado 03-05-2013 01:38 AM

I want to get slim and even more gorgeous (I'm so modest, LOL) so I can make my exhusband drool. And yeah, healthy, fit yadayadayada. LOL

FreeBird3 03-05-2013 01:41 AM

As pathtic as this sounds, I want to lose the weight in order to increase my chances of finding a man that I am actually attracted to ( and not just vice versa) to get married to. The men that I am generally attracted to prefer slender women. So that falls under vanity.

nimmimoorthy 03-05-2013 04:28 AM

I want to lose weight to fit into my old dresses and also to be healthy.
isee everyone using IP wats this By the way.

TrixieBesMonty 03-05-2013 07:36 AM

I want to feel comfortable in all of my clothes. I'm also doing it for health reasons now. I was having trouble controlling my blood pressure even though I'm already taking bp pills. I'm down 25.4 and bp is down, clothes fit better and I feel better being in control. It's only going to get better :D

Roo2 03-05-2013 07:49 AM

I want to live a life where my weight is a non issue.:)
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

countrychic 03-05-2013 07:56 AM

I want to have the body that I had before 2 kids and 70extra pounds.....or, atleast, somewhat the same!

I don't want to shop at the plus-size stores anymore.

I want to ride my horses and not worry that I'm too heavy for them.

I want to be healthy and active and proud of my body.

ckmainprize 03-05-2013 08:00 AM

Mine is for health and to look sexy for my husband and to finally feel comfortable as me!

workingit50 03-05-2013 08:04 AM

I want optimum health (reduce all meds, especially BP)
I want to not be consumed by negative self talk about my body
I want to take a family picture and be proud and not cringe when I see myself
I want to feel GOOD

zoesmom 03-05-2013 08:47 AM

Because I don't want my soon to be 4 year old daughter find me in a semi-coma again when it is just me and here home alone due to progressively worsening asthma brought on by weight gain. The first time was tramatic enough, I will not have a repeat of that for her. She came dangerously close to seeing me die right in front of her eyes. I CAN NOT allow that to happen again. If that little three year old girl can drag a 300 pound woman out of a bed and onto the floor and manage to wake me up after 2-1/2 hours, then by god I can do this for her.

BeccaGrim 03-05-2013 08:56 AM

FreeBird3, that does NOT sound pathetic. Its the world we live in. I often think about that. If I'd met my husband at my highest weight he'd never have asked me out. Even though he loves me and loved me at that weight because we'd been together for so long. I think you're saying aloud a hard truth. Good for you.

I'm losing weight because 1. I had a bad blood reading. And the doctor told me I had 3 months to get some of it off before she was going to recheck it. I don't want to have health problems. I check it in a couple of weeks. Nervous.

And because I want to look as good as the other mommies running around my sons schools! And feel okay when I'm meeting new people for work or socially.

Charbarot 03-05-2013 09:00 AM

I want to lose weight to be healthy so I can be around for my two beautiful grandchildren. I want to be able to walk the two flights of stairs to my office without feeling out of breath at the top. But there's also vanity. I want to look good for my husband (who is 8 years younger than me) and last but not least...I have some gorgeous clothes I want to be able to wear again.

mrskuby 03-05-2013 09:09 AM

I need to lose weight to be prepared for the Tough Mudder competition I am doing in August.

I am sick of avoiding cameras because I am always disappointed that I don't look nearly as good as I felt when it was taken.

I am sick of wearing a t-shirt over my bathing suit, even in a hot tub.

And lastly, because my DH has a monster truck which has been featured in calendars/magazines and I have to ask one of my younger skinnier GF's to pose for the pics because no one wants to see my flabby a** in a magazine! LOL

Mother of the Groom 03-05-2013 09:19 AM

Last year I spent from April to Oct in a wheelchair due to torn cartilage in my knee which required surgery to repair. I'm sure my weight was a huge factor in causing this problem and I never want that to happen again. also I donate blood with my daughter every other month and twice they wouldn't let me donate because my blood pressure was too high.
Ironically just before that happened I had given up that I would ever lose weight and ruthlessly cleaned out my closet of all my "skinny" clothes from years gone by. So now I look forward to not only losing the weight and keeping it off for health reasons but an entire new wardrobe.

Spiritman 03-05-2013 09:40 AM

Because I'm tired.....

I'm tired of having to shop for clothes at specialty shops

I'm tired of those same clothes still not fitting right

I'm tired of not liking what I see in the mirror

I'm tired of cringing when I see pictures of myself

I'm tired of avoiding having pictures of myself taken

I'm tired of being out of breath walking or climbing stairs

I'm tired of the aches and pains of my joints

I'm tired of hiding away in my home because I am embarrassed to go out in public

I'm tired of being stared at

I'm tired of squeezing and wedging myself into chairs

I'm tired of listening to the creak and groans of furniture when I sit down

I'm tired of feeling embarrassed if I have to take my shirt off

I'm tired of being called "Big Guy" - which in my mind is code for wow are you fat

I'm tired of being surrounded by people who are thin and in shape and being the odd man out

I'm tired of not being able to holiday were I want - why book a surf and sun holiday when you don't want to go to the beach or swimming

I'm tired of having to sit in the air condition because my extra "insulation" makes it too hot to be outside

I'm tired of starting to see the health effects of being overweight

I'm tired......

jeffiner 03-05-2013 09:54 AM

Im worried about the future..I dont want to have diabetes and be one of those women in a motorized chair wheeling around the store.

I dont want to worry about fitting into a booth in a restaurant. I want to ride the rollercoaster and go sleigh riding with my kids.

I want my kids to have a picture of themselves WITH their mom...

But mostly I want to stop the self loathing....

simplelivingSD 03-05-2013 10:27 AM

God gave me this body. The least I can do is treat it with respect. Other than that I want to...

be alive and healthy for my kids,

be able to play with my kids outside for more than 20 min,

be able to buy clothing where ever I want and not pay out the butt for them,

not be winded and shot after 3 hrs of weekly shopping,

not hurt everywhere,

be able to attend activities without feeling like everyone is staring at me,

be able to fly without fear of the seat belt not fitting in the little puddle jumper connection flights,

being able to fit in a booth in comfort,

be able to enjoy "adult time" with my husband without feeling gross,

Wow! The list could go on and on...

Dannigirl07 03-05-2013 10:55 AM

Most of my reasons seem to lean towards vanity. I am getting married in August, so I want to look good in my dress :] My Fiance doesn't think that I need to lose weight, which makes me feel great, but I need to do it for me because I am just not comfortable in my own skin. I gained a lot of weight after highschool and I don't do certain things or go certain places just because I am scared I will see someone who knew me when I was skinny. I have gone places where I see people I know and they don't recognize me because of the weight I have gained. I also want to lose weight to stay healthy and to change my eating habits! IP is definitely a great program for me because it really has me evaluating what I used to eat, why I was eating those things and I am very proud/happy with the changes I've made while on the program!

IntheEvening 03-05-2013 10:55 AM

I want to be comfortable in my own skin. Gain self confidence.

claygirl 03-05-2013 06:15 PM

I'm a firm believer that crisis=opportunity. So maybe taking this health challenge will yield positive results. I am sure. I've been feeling better. *** getting smaller...what else can a girl want? I'm joking but you get it. Health for health. (:

Momto2cs 03-05-2013 07:05 PM

Vanity. I wanted my younger thinner before children body back. I've got it now and it's better than it ever was. Yay ip!

Of course it's a continuous battle!

heritagesoftail 03-05-2013 07:13 PM

I have the most beautiful clothes in my closet that dont fit anymore and would like to wear them all again . Also hubby and I just bought a pair of Harley's and I really dont want to look like the old fat lady on the Harley LOL .
Looking forward to being light and free this summer :)

Desafinado 03-05-2013 07:38 PM

OK, I answered a little too flippantly last time.

I want to lose weight because diabetes runs in my family and I don't want it. My numbers are good and I want them to stay that way.

I want to lose weight because my family lives a long long long time and I don't want to be old and feeble because I was fat and now have resulting health issues.

I want to lose weight because I want to get out and start dating again and at my current size, I don't feel confident enough to get out there in the singles scene and circulate.

I want to lose weight because I like clothes and I want to wear some of the gorgeous stuff I see in stores.

I want to ride my bike and not feel stared at.

FlooNimbus13127 03-05-2013 08:36 PM

Because otherwise I am destined to become a type 2 diabetic. Both my parents are, and I had gestational diabetes.

My mom lost 90 lbs on IP and was able to get off her insulin. She started me here so that I wouldn't follow the path she was on.

I'm halfway to my goal, too!

evepet 03-05-2013 08:42 PM

I wanted to be able to walk into a clothing store and buy flattering clothes that I like, rather than be stuck with any old thing just because it fits.

I wanted to regain good health, and feel healthy and energetic again.

I wanted to feel confident and proud of the way I look again.

As someone who has almost reached her weight goal, I can say that I have accomplished all of the above. And it feels Fantastic!

To all of you who have just started your weight loss journey, or are at some mid-point along the way --- keep moving forward! You'll get there. And it's definitely worth it:hug:

ALM2000 03-06-2013 12:44 AM

skinny jeans!!!

Saga 03-06-2013 12:54 AM

I want to look good and be healthy, of course, but mostly I want to lose weight so I can go back to Japan and feel comfortable, even in a country with so many petite people. I also want to be a healthy weight when I see my host family again. Last time I was there, I was 140 lbs, and I hate to think of them seeing me at my current weight.

My second reason is that I want to lose weight so I feel comfortable going to the gym and weightlifting again. Once I get down to 190, I think I'll feel comfortable enough to get back into one of my favorite (and most self-esteem boosting) hobbies! I'm so excited!

SFNinerGirl 03-06-2013 02:04 AM

Because I am tired of hearing ... "You're so beautiful. You would be perfect if you were thinner" from everyone I know...

So that me weight cannot be used as an insult for people to hurt me during an argument.

The freedom that comes with feeling good and looking good.

Re-do my wedding and feel amazing in my dress

Be sexy arm candy for my hunky husband

Enjoy taking/seeing myself in pics for the first time since 2006

Walk the walk, talk the talk and have people resect me for my wealth of knowledge in health

To say a big EFF YOU to all the people who ever picked on me or took advantage of me

To honor the body God gave me

Alienor 03-06-2013 03:54 AM

I used to want to lose weight to feel normal, to feel feminine, to be healthy and to be pretty. And I still do. But now, my greatest wish is to be able to dance. I mean really DANCE, including big jumps and pointe, without ruining my joints. Feeling my body move in time with the music, feeling strong and flexible and being expressive.

WorldTraveleronIP 03-06-2013 07:22 AM

I'm losing weight:

To have a baby

To reduce symptoms of PCOS

To be able to engage more fully in yoga, something I love, but am too self-
conscious to do in groups and I can't do all the poses now

To like what I see in the mirror

To avoid all the health problems that come with obesity: high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol

To feel lighter in a smaller body

To enjoy clothing shopping

To wear a swim suit and a saree without feeling self-conscious

lovetorun3 03-06-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskuby (Post 4655634)
I need to lose weight to be prepared for the Tough Mudder competition I am doing in August.

I am sick of avoiding cameras because I am always disappointed that I don't look nearly as good as I felt when it was taken.

I am sick of wearing a t-shirt over my bathing suit, even in a hot tub.

And lastly, because my DH has a monster truck which has been featured in calendars/magazines and I have to ask one of my younger skinnier GF's to pose for the pics because no one wants to see my flabby a** in a magazine! LOL

That's awesome ~ I'm doing the Tough Mudder in August, too! (Mt Snow) Have you been able to start training while on program? I'm also training for 2 half marathon's so I just switched to the alternative P1 plan last night (need the extra carbs for running). I've been 100% on P1 until last night, I just can't seem to get the energy to run more than 3 miles. I'm hopeful that the alternative plan will work!!!:D

Donna Gel 03-06-2013 08:04 AM

I have always had weight issues, in my mind anyway. For many years I maintained a size 9, that is where I am most comfortable and where I feel my best. Since 2007 we have had to deal with extreme stress and my health wasn't great. As a result I packed on 30lbs. It is time for this to be gone. I get very frustrated with losing one pound here and one pound there. I need to see results fast.
Donna G.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091...6/150/175/.png

mrskuby 03-06-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetorun3 (Post 4656903)
That's awesome ~ I'm doing the Tough Mudder in August, too! (Mt Snow) Have you been able to start training while on program? I'm also training for 2 half marathon's so I just switched to the alternative P1 plan last night (need the extra carbs for running). I've been 100% on P1 until last night, I just can't seem to get the energy to run more than 3 miles. I'm hopeful that the alternative plan will work!!!:D

I'm doing Mt Snow too!!!:D Maybe we'll meet there!

I haven't started training yet. I was hardcore into bootcamp training and kickboxing and I did the Renegade Playground Challenge in Loudon NH so I signed up for the Mudder...then I realized that I was going to have to be able to lift my own body weight and decided to try IP to lose the weight once and for all. "Eating less and moving more" wasn't doing me any good so I took a chance on this. I am so glad I did! I have been losing over 2 lbs a week on average and I am more than halfway to my goal. I plan to go back to the gym by the end of the month and start running soon too. I hate running, to be honest, but I'm hoping that being 50 lbs lighter will make it more tolerable! LOL

I expect that I will have to add more food of some sort when I go back to the gym since I don't know how to not work my hardest! In the past when I've had injuries, my trainer has to yell at me to take it easy cause I just keep pushing! :dizzy:

mccull83 03-06-2013 10:38 AM

I want to loose this weight
-God didn't give me this body to eat like I have been eating and ruin it
-so my size 2 older sister will quit making fun of me
-so I can fit into my old clothes (this seems to be a theme on this site)
-because high blood pressure and high cholesterol run in my family. Mine were both boarderline high before starting this journey, and now are PERFECT (so yay, no meds for me!)
-I no longer want to be held back due to my weight (every summer my husband talks about going parasailing, but I won't agree to it until I weigh less)
-I am sick of trying to hide my body behind someone when my picture is taken
-I am so afraid that I will see someone from college/high school because I'm sure all that will go through their mind is "man she got fat"
-to prove to my mom that it can be done, then help her loose a little too
-to be able to cross my legs again
-to feel sexy again
-because I've hurt my knees and ankles so many times....I know that taking this weight off will help my joints out a lot
-because I want to get pregnant
-because I'm sick of being the only overweight one in my group of friends
-because I want to not feel self conscious to start new hobbies (I've though about taking a class at a community college, or trying zumba, or something)
-because I love the energy I'm getting from loosing already
-because I hate that "always full" feeling I used to have from eating all the time
-I want to be able to shop off the clearance section (bigger sizes are always the first to go)
-because if I don't do it now, I'm not sure it will ever happen (just turned 30 and I know as I get older my metabolism may not be what it is today, which will make doing this even harder)
-to not have my shorts CONSTANTLY ride up in the middle when I walk (also, so I don't have to constantly buy new scrubs: the crotch always gets a hole from all the friction that goes on down there with all the walking)

MSDEEDEE23 03-06-2013 01:46 PM

I want to be able to go into any store and just pick something off the rack. No more BIG GIRL stores.

LexiChanel1 03-06-2013 02:00 PM

great stuff everyone. I want to lose weight to be healthy and not have high bp and cholesterol. And I must admit I love the shocked look on peoples faces when they see me, and then when they dont say anything t me concerning my weight loss like its the eleohant in the room.....I am letting my haters be my motivators:0

4Mom 03-06-2013 05:37 PM

I wanted to lose the weight so I can stop crying. Nobody knows that when alone I cried at who I had become, always smiling on the outside & crying on the inside :(