3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Why do you want to lose weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276975-why-do-you-want-lose-weight.html)

SFNinerGirl 03-06-2013 02:04 AM

Because I am tired of hearing ... "You're so beautiful. You would be perfect if you were thinner" from everyone I know...

So that me weight cannot be used as an insult for people to hurt me during an argument.

The freedom that comes with feeling good and looking good.

Re-do my wedding and feel amazing in my dress

Be sexy arm candy for my hunky husband

Enjoy taking/seeing myself in pics for the first time since 2006

Walk the walk, talk the talk and have people resect me for my wealth of knowledge in health

To say a big EFF YOU to all the people who ever picked on me or took advantage of me

To honor the body God gave me

Alienor 03-06-2013 03:54 AM

I used to want to lose weight to feel normal, to feel feminine, to be healthy and to be pretty. And I still do. But now, my greatest wish is to be able to dance. I mean really DANCE, including big jumps and pointe, without ruining my joints. Feeling my body move in time with the music, feeling strong and flexible and being expressive.

WorldTraveleronIP 03-06-2013 07:22 AM

I'm losing weight:

To have a baby

To reduce symptoms of PCOS

To be able to engage more fully in yoga, something I love, but am too self-
conscious to do in groups and I can't do all the poses now

To like what I see in the mirror

To avoid all the health problems that come with obesity: high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol

To feel lighter in a smaller body

To enjoy clothing shopping

To wear a swim suit and a saree without feeling self-conscious

lovetorun3 03-06-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskuby (Post 4655634)
I need to lose weight to be prepared for the Tough Mudder competition I am doing in August.

I am sick of avoiding cameras because I am always disappointed that I don't look nearly as good as I felt when it was taken.

I am sick of wearing a t-shirt over my bathing suit, even in a hot tub.

And lastly, because my DH has a monster truck which has been featured in calendars/magazines and I have to ask one of my younger skinnier GF's to pose for the pics because no one wants to see my flabby a** in a magazine! LOL

That's awesome ~ I'm doing the Tough Mudder in August, too! (Mt Snow) Have you been able to start training while on program? I'm also training for 2 half marathon's so I just switched to the alternative P1 plan last night (need the extra carbs for running). I've been 100% on P1 until last night, I just can't seem to get the energy to run more than 3 miles. I'm hopeful that the alternative plan will work!!!:D

Donna Gel 03-06-2013 08:04 AM

I have always had weight issues, in my mind anyway. For many years I maintained a size 9, that is where I am most comfortable and where I feel my best. Since 2007 we have had to deal with extreme stress and my health wasn't great. As a result I packed on 30lbs. It is time for this to be gone. I get very frustrated with losing one pound here and one pound there. I need to see results fast.
Donna G.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091...6/150/175/.png

mrskuby 03-06-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetorun3 (Post 4656903)
That's awesome ~ I'm doing the Tough Mudder in August, too! (Mt Snow) Have you been able to start training while on program? I'm also training for 2 half marathon's so I just switched to the alternative P1 plan last night (need the extra carbs for running). I've been 100% on P1 until last night, I just can't seem to get the energy to run more than 3 miles. I'm hopeful that the alternative plan will work!!!:D

I'm doing Mt Snow too!!!:D Maybe we'll meet there!

I haven't started training yet. I was hardcore into bootcamp training and kickboxing and I did the Renegade Playground Challenge in Loudon NH so I signed up for the Mudder...then I realized that I was going to have to be able to lift my own body weight and decided to try IP to lose the weight once and for all. "Eating less and moving more" wasn't doing me any good so I took a chance on this. I am so glad I did! I have been losing over 2 lbs a week on average and I am more than halfway to my goal. I plan to go back to the gym by the end of the month and start running soon too. I hate running, to be honest, but I'm hoping that being 50 lbs lighter will make it more tolerable! LOL

I expect that I will have to add more food of some sort when I go back to the gym since I don't know how to not work my hardest! In the past when I've had injuries, my trainer has to yell at me to take it easy cause I just keep pushing! :dizzy:

mccull83 03-06-2013 10:38 AM

I want to loose this weight
-God didn't give me this body to eat like I have been eating and ruin it
-so my size 2 older sister will quit making fun of me
-so I can fit into my old clothes (this seems to be a theme on this site)
-because high blood pressure and high cholesterol run in my family. Mine were both boarderline high before starting this journey, and now are PERFECT (so yay, no meds for me!)
-I no longer want to be held back due to my weight (every summer my husband talks about going parasailing, but I won't agree to it until I weigh less)
-I am sick of trying to hide my body behind someone when my picture is taken
-I am so afraid that I will see someone from college/high school because I'm sure all that will go through their mind is "man she got fat"
-to prove to my mom that it can be done, then help her loose a little too
-to be able to cross my legs again
-to feel sexy again
-because I've hurt my knees and ankles so many times....I know that taking this weight off will help my joints out a lot
-because I want to get pregnant
-because I'm sick of being the only overweight one in my group of friends
-because I want to not feel self conscious to start new hobbies (I've though about taking a class at a community college, or trying zumba, or something)
-because I love the energy I'm getting from loosing already
-because I hate that "always full" feeling I used to have from eating all the time
-I want to be able to shop off the clearance section (bigger sizes are always the first to go)
-because if I don't do it now, I'm not sure it will ever happen (just turned 30 and I know as I get older my metabolism may not be what it is today, which will make doing this even harder)
-to not have my shorts CONSTANTLY ride up in the middle when I walk (also, so I don't have to constantly buy new scrubs: the crotch always gets a hole from all the friction that goes on down there with all the walking)

MSDEEDEE23 03-06-2013 01:46 PM

I want to be able to go into any store and just pick something off the rack. No more BIG GIRL stores.

LexiChanel1 03-06-2013 02:00 PM

great stuff everyone. I want to lose weight to be healthy and not have high bp and cholesterol. And I must admit I love the shocked look on peoples faces when they see me, and then when they dont say anything t me concerning my weight loss like its the eleohant in the room.....I am letting my haters be my motivators:0

4Mom 03-06-2013 05:37 PM

I wanted to lose the weight so I can stop crying. Nobody knows that when alone I cried at who I had become, always smiling on the outside & crying on the inside :(

the shiv 03-06-2013 05:57 PM

Over the knee socks.

Enough said ;)

50harvest 03-06-2013 08:20 PM

-I want to get rid of my high blood pressure and cholesterol medicines
-I want to set a better health example for my kids
-I want to walk up & down stairs with ease
-I do not want to be winded after short walks
-I want to wear stockings & tights instead of avoiding them
-I want to honor God by taking care of my one and only body
-I want to feel comfortable with my body image when I'm out with friends

Katkat 03-07-2013 01:49 AM

1. BM of my best friends wedding in Australia at the end of the month
2. Turning 30 on may 10th and I want to enter my 30's feeling good
3. Every single person in my family has diabetes and I have already shown Pre diabetes with my blood sugar. Want to make sure I can avoid meds for diabetes as long as possible.
4. Have a better healthier life style for the rest of me life.

DannaA 03-07-2013 08:53 AM

It hurts my heart to see how many of us have been picked on or had back handed comments made to us because of our size. My parents were the worst for that when I was a kid.. and I remember specifically after I got married that my mom said to me she couldnt understand how my hubby could love me at my size. I know that he will love me no matter what size.. but it was very hurtful!
I think its amazing that each of you has come up with such positive reasons why you want to lose weight! Yes I think those of us that were bullied for weight will always feel that sense of :P to everyone that ever hurt us... but kudos to everyone for believing in yourselves!

All this to say.. I want to lose weight so that I can keep up with my two little boys. I want to be able to take them swimming and skiing and want to be able to do activities that they may be interested in without feeling self conscious or tired.

I want my sciatic nerves in my hips to stop hurting and my knees to feel better.

I too want to be able to shop in any store and be able to buy anything off of any rack. I want to have a space between my legs.. so that I dont have holes in the theighs of all my pants. I want to feel sexy in a bathing suit.. or even just feel brave enough to maybe buy a bikini someday!

I want to Love what i see in the mirror.. not just give myself passing glances!

i want to believe in my outer self as much as i try to believe in my inner self :D

xo and supportive hugs to everyone!

Msbehaving 03-07-2013 10:19 PM

- get healthy
- reduce medications
- live longer
- fit in an airline seat without an extender
- put socks on and tie my shoes easily
- shop for and fit into clothes in a regular store
- never ever ever be the fattest person in the room again!

I am sick and tied of being sick and tired.