3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 3/1/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276709-ip-daily-chat-friday-3-1-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 03-01-2013 06:37 AM

IP Daily Chat Friday 3/1/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

AmyRH 03-01-2013 07:27 AM

I'm down another pound and off to a good start. Weekends are still tough for me but I feel so good that I hope not to sneak anything extra. I had stalled for a long time due to weekend cheats but reading Dr. Tran's book and actually updating this weight tracker helped.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-pl...4/135/153/.png

lisa32989 03-01-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyRH (Post 4650726)
I'm down another pound and off to a good start. Weekends are still tough for me but I feel so good that I hope not to sneak anything extra. I had stalled for a long time due to weekend cheats but reading Dr. Tran's book and actually updating this weight tracker helped.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-pl...4/135/153/.png

I got his new book (hard copy only) and it is hugely helpful!
Have you made a plan for the weekend that includes what you will do to overcome need for extras? I think a lot of us got used to eating out of boredom. What can you do instead?
Sheer willpower only works for so long. Having a plan is SO important!

WorldTraveleronIP 03-01-2013 07:34 AM

Good morning to all,
I have a conference all day today, so I am planning my meals. I wish everyone a great weekend op!

Chloe222 03-01-2013 07:35 AM

Good morning all,
Congrats Amy on the loss and here's to being back in the saddle to "git 'er done"!

I have also been struggling and at my WI today, am down .4. So happy.

Wishing all a great OP day,
Chloe

bubbleblower 03-01-2013 07:40 AM

Good morning, everyone! I've got lots on my plate and need to get moving with packing for our big move and putting things on Ebay. (BTW, anyone in the market for a very lightly used Wii and Wii Fit? I'm willing to take a reasonable offer to avoid the whole Ebay hassle. They're in the original boxes and are like new. I just don't use them anymore.)

Anyway, lots of to dos on the list for today and this weekend, and one pound to go to goal. It's ironic that I'm not really looking forward to phasing off of IP.

Hope y'all have a great day! (I discovered pina colada pancakes yesterday ... I already know what I'm having for breakfast!! Yummy!!)

Gonna really try 03-01-2013 07:46 AM

Plugged sinus, scratchy throat.

Really run down. O joy.

heritagesoftail 03-01-2013 07:58 AM

Good morning all, and a BIG goodbye to February ! I have a nice day coming up starting with a massage appt at 11am. Hope you all have a OP weekend.

A1Texan 03-01-2013 08:26 AM

Happy Friday and March 1st everyone. With Friday also comes the WI. This week - 2 pounds....:carrot:

Stay warm if are up north and put your sunscreen on if you are in Texas. Don't need a sunburn at lunch :D

lcheech 03-01-2013 08:31 AM

Had my weigh in yesterday, I'm down another 3 lbs. :) Which is very surprising because I was working overnights until Tuesday, and wasn't getting very much sleep. But I also wasn't eating very much either.. Hey i'm not complaining. lol

So I'm reaching a stressful time in my life. I just sold my house last night. yay!!! So I have to worry about packing, and moving.. And my husband and I are moving in his parents basement until at least November, while our new house is being built. We are Italian. And my worst struggle with IP is, that everytime my husband's mother cooks, (God love her) it's never anything I can eat. Once we move in, I don't plan on eating with them every night. But i know they will want us up for Sunday dinners. And there are just so many times I can explain to her, that I can't eat, pasta, or homemade pizza, or breaded chicken/veal cutlets, or deep fried food before I either cave, or snap at her..
I'm so worried that not only is his family, not going to give us the privacy that we need, but that they will always want us to come up for dinner.I really don't know what to do. I've told her several times, things that I can't eat and she just doesn't get it. :(

lisa32989 03-01-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonna really try (Post 4650752)
Really run down. O joy.

Chicken soup with veggies to the rescue!

mrskuby 03-01-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcheech (Post 4650789)
Had my weigh in yesterday, I'm down another 3 lbs. :) Which is very surprising because I was working overnights until Tuesday, and wasn't getting very much sleep. But I also wasn't eating very much either.. Hey i'm not complaining. lol

So I'm reaching a stressful time in my life. I just sold my house last night. yay!!! So I have to worry about packing, and moving.. And my husband and I are moving in his parents basement until at least November, while our new house is being built. We are Italian. And my worst struggle with IP is, that everytime my husband's mother cooks, (God love her) it's never anything I can eat. Once we move in, I don't plan on eating with them every night. But i know they will want us up for Sunday dinners. And there are just so many times I can explain to her, that I can't eat, pasta, or homemade pizza, or breaded chicken/veal cutlets, or deep fried food before I either cave, or snap at her..
I'm so worried that not only is his family, not going to give us the privacy that we need, but that they will always want us to come up for dinner.I really don't know what to do. I've told her several times, things that I can't eat and she just doesn't get it. :(

Wow, that def sounds like a tough one but maybe if she expects you to join them for dinner you can bring/make your own meal and eat with them...it may put her off at first but once she physically sees how you are eating, maybe she'll start adding things to her menu to include you. It's possible that she just doesn't know what a meal without carbs looks like! LOL:)

Charbarot 03-01-2013 09:54 AM

1st WI

Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic <3:carrot:

A1Texan 03-01-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charbarot (Post 4650897)
Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic <3:carrot:

Congrats! It's such a great feeling to be able to see fast results. Keep up the great job!

sahmmommy2 03-01-2013 09:59 AM

Happy Friday Everyone! Hope you all enjoy the weekend! It is snowing lightly here and that puts a smile on my face!

bellasamimom 03-01-2013 10:08 AM

I have a busy day... Change of Command for my Friends Hubby. Then dinner at the Hotel Del Coronado to celebrate all of the Sailors of the year from each ship. My DH (love him) emailed the event coordinator at the Del and asked about the food. She is going to make something special for me :) I was so worried about the food.

Have a great day!!
:cheer:

lisa32989 03-01-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic

The lack of hunger is the best part, isn't it? It really makes this a plan you can stick to! Congrats on the first WI!

leannekarella 03-01-2013 10:20 AM

Happy March everyone! Busy, busy day ahead, starting with my official WI in 2 hours. Wouldn't you know it? TOM shows up last night LOL. Oh well, that's life.

Everyone have a great day and an even better weekend! ;)

De11s 03-01-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leannekarella (Post 4650940)
Happy March everyone! Busy, busy day ahead, starting with my official WI in 2 hours. Wouldn't you know it? TOM shows up last night LOL. Oh well, that's life.

Everyone have a great day and an even better weekend! ;)

TOM might be a good thing, I bloat until right before, then a big woosh so I will be praying for the Woosh Fairy to be there for you too.

Sounds like everyone is off to a great March, come on spring, ready for some warmer days.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Charbarot 03-01-2013 10:33 AM

Can't wait to put up a fancy ticker

Debrasb 03-01-2013 10:34 AM

Happy Friday everyone! WI today was ok -- down 1.8 lbs. The fantastic thing about is that the tens digit changed (moved from the 140s into the 130s!). What this means is that there's only one tens digit changed left (ie: less than 20 pounds) to go!! It's giving me some much needed momentum as I had been feeling a bit sluggish about things since my long trip in Feb.

I think I'll celebrate by making a middle eastern feast for dinner -- meatballs, red pepper sauce, and some cauliflower hummus and veggies.

SFNinerGirl 03-01-2013 10:39 AM

Morning all.

Off to a rough start this morning. Hubby and I got into it so I'm sitting in a Starbucks getting work done while he's "home sick" (aka didn't wake up to his alarm).

Hoping for a better day from here on. :(

ragdoll74 03-01-2013 10:51 AM

A1Texan, Charbarot, & Debrasb congrats on all the great WI's!!!

Good luck at your WI Leanne!

I took the day off to study for my certification exam tomorrow. I haven't actually done any studying today, but plan on doing that soon unless I can think of another distraction. There seems to be no shortage of them so far.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

MntRose 03-01-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrasb (Post 4650966)
I think I'll celebrate by making a middle eastern feast for dinner -- meatballs, red pepper sauce, and some cauliflower hummus and veggies.

Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?

As for me, feel sort of blah at the moment, was running a slight fever all night and the scale isn't budging again. Realize I haven't had a bowel movement in a few days at least. I saw someone mention Metamucil is that allowed OP? Or other ideas? I am getting my 4 cups of veggies in each day. I get at least 64 ounces of water each day, normally average 100.

Thanks Peeps and have a wonderful weekend!

Mother of the Groom 03-01-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

maybe you could offer to have them down for sunday dinner so you have more control over whats on the table.

Mother of the Groom 03-01-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Great job!:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charbarot (Post 4650962)
Can't wait to put up a fancy ticker

Me too! I like the WI#'s at the bottom also.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by MntRose (Post 4651024)
Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?

As for me, feel sort of blah at the moment, was running a slight fever all night and the scale isn't budging again. Realize I haven't had a bowel movement in a few days at least. I saw someone mention Metamucil is that allowed OP? Or other ideas? I am getting my 4 cups of veggies in each day. I get at least 64 ounces of water each day, normally average 100.

I looked at the Metamusil and it contains aspartame.

Suchawittygal 03-01-2013 11:57 AM

Sounds like we've had some great numbers today! Congrats to all the losses!
I came in down 2.0 lbs today...WITH my cast! So I'm hopefull that I will be into the 140's by next week! And I was able to add another dancin' monkey since i reached the 35 lbs lost mark!! YAY!!!:carrot:

IPdivajen 03-01-2013 12:17 PM

Yay for March - buh bye February!!!

Great losses this week. And lcheech, congrats on selling! Hope you find some tips and tricks that make being at home a bit easier for you.

SFNiner - hope things improve with the hubby. In the meantime, enjoy that Starbucks!!

suchawittygal - congrats on 35!!

Debrasb 03-01-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

[COLOR="Purple"][B] Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?

Happy to share! I actually post all of my recipes on a blog: www.unlimitedlettuce.com.

The cauliflower hummus recipe is up there, and I'm working out the meatballs tonite. I want to perfect a sauce without tomatoes (red pepper only) because I try to avoid the restricteds.

Let me know if you like any of the recipes!!

lcheech 03-01-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskuby (Post 4650896)
Wow, that def sounds like a tough one but maybe if she expects you to join them for dinner you can bring/make your own meal and eat with them...it may put her off at first but once she physically sees how you are eating, maybe she'll start adding things to her menu to include you. It's possible that she just doesn't know what a meal without carbs looks like! LOL:)

It's very true... She has no clue how to cook without carbs. She's obsessed with smothering food in bread crumbs then frying it. That's a very god idea actually. maybe just make my own food. at least I'll be sitting at the dinner table with the fam. She does want to cook for me. But every time she tries, she fails.
Would it be wrong to write her a list? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom (Post 4651066)
maybe you could offer to have them down for sunday dinner so you have more control over whats on the table.

haha. your're funny. She is very old school and doesn't work. cooking and taking care of her kids (who are all in their 30's) is her life. It should be an interesting 10 minths ahead of me. :(

Debrasb 03-01-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcheech (Post 4651179)
It's very true... She has no clue how to cook without carbs. She's obsessed with smothering food in bread crumbs then frying it. That's a very god idea actually. maybe just make my own food. at least I'll be sitting at the dinner table with the fam. She does want to cook for me. But every time she tries, she fails.
Would it be wrong to write her a list? lol

(

We have had several similar situations, both with my own mom and my husbands. With my husband's family, we bring our own food but we bring enough to share. So, I might make grilled fish and roasted cauliflower with a big salad, bring a large amount so that it's not just for us but can add to the table.

There have been other times when I just brought our food and we ate it while everyone else ate theirs, but the bring for all model seemed to make my MIL happier because then it still feels like a family meal.

At my own mother's house, I do the cooking and tell my mom the ingredients to have on hand. Then we are still together in the kitchen but I'm in charge and know that everything is edible for us. For the most part, the meal for all is OP even though it's just me and hubby that are actually on IP.

Fabulousatfifty 03-01-2013 12:49 PM

Why am I sad?

Hello Ipeeps (I stole that from someone but think it is so cute!)

I had WI today and down 1.8. So why am I sad? I did the plan perfect this week, but found out I was drinking too many of the pre-mad shakes. They are much higher in fat than the powder shakes. My coach said that I should only have one every other day - makes sense, they were just so yummy, filling and convenient. Anyone else have this happen?

Also, I have been trying to not have restricted foods, does that make much of a difference if you stick to just one a day?

I am goign to integrate a hard boiled egg in the morning and reduce my protein in the evening. Waiting to eat my protein until the family dinner at 6-6:30 has been very hard!

Just playing with how my body is reacting to the choices of the IP food I am making. Would LOVE your feedback!

chicagoboiler 03-01-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrasb (Post 4651176)
Happy to share! I actually post all of my recipes on a blog: www.unlimitedlettuce.com.

The cauliflower hummus recipe is up there, and I'm working out the meatballs tonite. I want to perfect a sauce without tomatoes (red pepper only) because I try to avoid the restricteds.

Let me know if you like any of the recipes!!

Thank you for your blog!! I am excited to try some of your recipes on here!! I'm always looking for something different, but since I'm not a cook at heart, your step by step directions are PERFECT!!

benice 03-01-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

And my husband and I are moving in his parents basement until at least November, while our new house is being built. We are Italian. And my worst struggle with IP is, that everytime my husband's mother cooks, (God love her) it's never anything I can eat.

It sounds like this is not a good living situation for you. Perhaps you should consider renting an apartment insead?

I tried another Quest bar today and am really enjoying it. I like the 100% natural line and the concept behind it. Thanks to everyone here who tipped me off to them.

lcheech 03-01-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrasb (Post 4651194)
We have had several similar situations, both with my own mom and my husbands. With my husband's family, we bring our own food but we bring enough to share. So, I might make grilled fish and roasted cauliflower with a big salad, bring a large amount so that it's not just for us but can add to the table.

There have been other times when I just brought our food and we ate it while everyone else ate theirs, but the bring for all model seemed to make my MIL happier because then it still feels like a family meal.

At my own mother's house, I do the cooking and tell my mom the ingredients to have on hand. Then we are still together in the kitchen but I'm in charge and know that everything is edible for us. For the most part, the meal for all is OP even though it's just me and hubby that are actually on IP.

Thank you!! Those are great ideas. I am going to use them. If she gets offended in some way.. I'll just let my husband deal with it. :o lol

jeffiner 03-01-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty (Post 4651206)
Hello Ipeeps (I stole that from someone but think it is so cute!)

I had WI today and down 1.8. So why am I sad? I did the plan perfect this week, but found out I was drinking too many of the pre-mad shakes. They are much higher in fat than the powder shakes. My coach said that I should only have one every other day - makes sense, they were just so yummy, filling and convenient. Anyone else have this happen?

Also, I have been trying to not have restricted foods, does that make much of a difference if you stick to just one a day?

I am goign to integrate a hard boiled egg in the morning and reduce my protein in the evening. Waiting to eat my protein until the family dinner at 6-6:30 has been very hard!

Just playing with how my body is reacting to the choices of the IP food I am making. Would LOVE your feedback!

Your feeling sad because of the estrogen that is being released into your blood stream. Fat cells carry estrogen so as you lose weight the estrogen goes into your blood stream and wreaks havoc with your hormonal levels. I went through this also. It did go away after about three weeks. In addition to that carbs actually help the production of one of the happy chemicals in our brain ( seratonin maybe?) so its a double wammy.

jeffiner 03-01-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Drink smooth move tea...its op and it works

Ojenchilada 03-01-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Yay!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbleblower (Post 4650746)
(BTW, anyone in the market for a very lightly used Wii and Wii Fit? I'm willing to take a reasonable offer to avoid the whole Ebay hassle. They're in the original boxes and are like new. I just don't use them anymore.)

Um...yeah! If no one else has already claimed them, PM me! I am not sure what a reasonable offer is, but anything you think is reasonable and is below retail price sounds good to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suchawittygal (Post 4651111)
I came in down 2.0 lbs today...WITH my cast! So I'm hopefull that I will be into the 140's by next week! And I was able to add another dancin' monkey since i reached the 35 lbs lost mark!! YAY!!!:carrot:

:carrot::carrot: Awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty (Post 4651206)

I drink 2-3 RTDs per day. I have had no problems with that, and the fat is plenty low. 1.8 is a great loss -- nothing to beat yourself up about. If your losses actually stall, then sure, mix things up. But I would not worry about nixing the RTDs. They're fine.

ecmcnamee 03-01-2013 01:41 PM

WI today and I'm down another 3 pounds and 2.5 inches ... that's 19 pounds and 12 inches in 3 weeks. I honestly never would have believed IP works unless I tried it myself .. I'm amazed ...

ladylunk 03-01-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by De11s (Post 4650961)
TOM might be a good thing, I bloat until right before, then a big woosh so I will be praying for the Woosh Fairy to be there for you too.

I guess I bloat right before too. Had my weigh in yesterday and coach asked me before if my period was coming or anything else she needed to know before weighing. I just said no not even thinking about it (lot's going on right now family wise). So I only lost 0.2 and she was all concerned. Well yesterday afternoon cramps started. Went on my scale this morning just to see. It is showing down 5lbs! Now I won't hold to that number for official weigh in, but wouldn't it be nice to see myself in the 170's permanately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFNinerGirl (Post 4650979)
Morning all.

Off to a rough start this morning. Hubby and I got into it so I'm sitting in a Starbucks getting work done while he's "home sick" (aka didn't wake up to his alarm).

Hoping for a better day from here on. :(

Hope your day does get better. I guess that means argument according to someone elses reply.....I thought it meant drinking last night. That's how I would have worded it back when we were drinking.....

Quote:

There is always smooth move. I just found it in Canada and tried it. It seems to work. Doesn't taste so good. I actually added another decafe tea bag of peach ginger to it to mask the taste. But things are moving smoothly.....

Everyone is complaining about me being on this site waiting for my attention, yet they are planning on going to McDonalds later so I am trying to tell them this is my thearpy and helps me get through sitting at mcdonalds. Soon this mcdonalds stuff is going to stop. A special treat with their dad today though so will let it slide. Have a great day everyone.