Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #91  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hey everyone!

I ressurected some items that I had packed away since I regained too much after doing Atkins: smaller undies! And they fit (and I didn't have to buy new ones!) I have just ordered my next smaller bras, too. The girls are ready for more uplift, yet again.

I retired about 6 more pair of pants.

All of this in a week that the scale seems to be going up and down the same 3 lbs. I know it'll level off & eventually head straight down. I missed my "official" WI so am only guessing the measurements have gone down some more, as well.

Kale chips for my veggie and ice pack for my back tonite. Ready for bed early. After a while of hurting, it just wears me out.
Sorry to hear you are hurting tonight. Chronic pain is exhausting so hope you are feeling better soon. Congrats on the smaller sizes. It surprised me how a little thing like smaller underwear can feel so good!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #92  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Hey everyone!

I ressurected some items that I had packed away since I regained too much after doing Atkins: smaller undies! And they fit (and I didn't have to buy new ones!) I have just ordered my next smaller bras, too. The girls are ready for more uplift, yet again.

I retired about 6 more pair of pants....Kale chips for my veggie and ice pack for my back tonite. Ready for bed early. After a while of hurting, it just wears me out.
So sorry your back is hurting, Lisa. Feel better soon! Congrats on the "new" undies! it feels good to get rid of the outgrown clothing.

I've got 2 very big bags of clothes that are too big for me. I'm taking them to Houston tomorrow to the Goodwill store. I live in a town so small right now that I would see people wearing these clothes if I donated them here! But tonight I opened one of the bags and looked at a pair of pants that used to be snug on me. I think 2 of me could fit in! Very weird!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #93  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Tried making the cauliflower mash tonight for supper. Note to self - 3 roasted garlic cloves + tsp of garlic powder is too much garlic. DW isn't feeling so good now. Although she's not feeling bad enough to take over kitchen duties.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #94  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Well I waited 5 weeks to prove to myself I was 100% OP before posting on this thread and today was the day! If my calculations are correct I'll probably have 12 to 16 more weeks prior to phasing off (not that I'm setting a date as I'm not sure what bumps or detours are ahead). I've been overweight since about age 4 so I think 3 or 4 more months of doing the easiest diet I've ever been on is no great hardship.
Great job!

Quote:
Hey everyone!

All of this in a week that the scale seems to be going up and down the same 3 lbs. I know it'll level off & eventually head straight down. I missed my "official" WI so am only guessing the measurements have gone down some more, as well.

Kale chips for my veggie and ice pack for my back tonite. Ready for bed early. After a while of hurting, it just wears me out.
I hope your back feels better soon, and way to go on the smaller clothes you already own!

joysh you look great in your latest comparison photos.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #95  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Late check-in from the midnight lurker...got my 6.5-mile run this morning and planning on my Bodypump class tomorrow morning. I skipped it on Wed and want to get in my weightlifting at least 2x/week, so no skipping tomorrow! Looks like I am going to need to bite the bullet and buy some maternity clothes going into my 2nd trimester...my jacket still closes, but the buttons seem to be getting tighter every day...and my old maternity clothes are waaaaaaaaayyyy too big. Darn...another reason to shop!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #96  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Late check-in from the midnight lurker...got my 6.5-mile run this morning and planning on my Bodypump class tomorrow morning. I skipped it on Wed and want to get in my weightlifting at least 2x/week, so no skipping tomorrow! Looks like I am going to need to bite the bullet and buy some maternity clothes going into my 2nd trimester...my jacket still closes, but the buttons seem to be getting tighter every day...and my old maternity clothes are waaaaaaaaayyyy too big. Darn...another reason to shop!
Liz, you are amazing and continue to WOW us with how well you are doing with this pregnancy. So impressed! Jen
Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #97  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Tried making the cauliflower mash tonight for supper. Note to self - 3 roasted garlic cloves + tsp of garlic powder is too much garlic. DW isn't feeling so good now. Although she's not feeling bad enough to take over kitchen duties.
Speaking of too much garlic, have you ever had roasted garlic? I used to have a "roaster" thingy but I'm sure a pan would do. I really don't remember so a "google" might be in order, but I think you just bake it, a whole head of garlic by slicing the "top" off, drizzling some olive oil on, and letting it bake. It gets mushy and pasty, but mild. It would be a yummy addition to steak and 'shrooms since we can't really be making a dip or bread spread with it. If you're a garlic fan, maybe check it out ... in a day or two. LOL...give your wife a garlic break perhaps. Look at the bright side -- no vampires near you today! (or probably any PEOPLE either )
Old 03-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #98  

Scorbett warned us a while back about the carb content of garlic. Powdered or a little chopped is fine but you might want to look that up before roasting a whole head and treating it like a veggie.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #99  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Scorbett warned us a while back about the carb content of garlic. Powdered or a little chopped is fine but you might want to look that up before roasting a whole head and treating it like a veggie.
In the mash I was trying to emulate Denver's recipe in one of the IP videos. I thought I used the same amount he did so maybe he just likes garlic. I'll cut out ALL the powder next time.

On a side note, I also used the potato puree mix instead of the leak soup mix like he did in the video. My coach had said the leak soup mix on it's own was fine but mixed in the mash gave it too strong of a taste.

Last edited by M35A2; 03-01-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Love that you are packing away the clothes and got new underwear! I've got a bag going for things that are too big, and had to try 3 pairs of pants before finding one that fit yesterday. Into the bag the other pants went. One thing I desperately need is new underwear! May have to splurge!

Hope your back is feeling better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Everyone needs a reason to go shopping! You are such an inspiration! I am actually looking forward to exercising. Having lost 5bs so far, I can tell it will be something that will be possible and make me feel great! I love that you update us on your accomplishments.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #101  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Speaking of too much garlic, have you ever had roasted garlic? I used to have a "roaster" thingy but I'm sure a pan would do. I really don't remember so a "google" might be in order, but I think you just bake it, a whole head of garlic by slicing the "top" off, drizzling some olive oil on, and letting it bake. It gets mushy and pasty, but mild. It would be a yummy addition to steak and 'shrooms since we can't really be making a dip or bread spread with it. If you're a garlic fan, maybe check it out ... in a day or two. LOL...give your wife a garlic break perhaps. Look at the bright side -- no vampires near you today! (or probably any PEOPLE either )
looooove roasted garlic! I guess it' something to look forward to in maintenance.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! My washer is in pieces in the basement, my 2 year old washer, sniffle...This is my "return from vacation" present...dirty rat! My handy husband took it apart and found the bearings are shot...a quick search on the internet indicates this is a known problem with this particular brand, apparently they don't expect you to keep your washer for more than a couple years...can you tell I'm ???

Anyway, it has finally happened, I am starting to lose hair. My mom had it happen too, and I did lose quite a bit after pregnancy. The good news is I've been taking biotin all along, so I also see a bunch of new growth.

I'm fighting a battle in my head right now, trying to decide if I should phase off or push on. The weight isn't coming off nearly as easily as before. Should I phase off, and take a break? I am happy with the way I look now, I think??? Should I do bootcamp??? I don't know. Or have I just reached that point on a diet where you suddenly tire of doing it and want to be done? But at the same time, I'm a little scared to move on to another phase...

How about everyone else, everyone here has been doing this for a while. Are you thinking the same things?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! My washer is in pieces in the basement, my 2 year old washer, sniffle...This is my "return from vacation" present...dirty rat! My handy husband took it apart and found the bearings are shot...a quick search on the internet indicates this is a known problem with this particular brand, apparently they don't expect you to keep your washer for more than a couple years...can you tell I'm ???

Anyway, it has finally happened, I am starting to lose hair. My mom had it happen too, and I did lose quite a bit after pregnancy. The good news is I've been taking biotin all along, so I also see a bunch of new growth.

I'm fighting a battle in my head right now, trying to decide if I should phase off or push on. The weight isn't coming off nearly as easily as before. Should I phase off, and take a break? I am happy with the way I look now, I think??? Should I do bootcamp??? I don't know. Or have I just reached that point on a diet where you suddenly tire of doing it and want to be done? But at the same time, I'm a little scared to move on to another phase...

How about everyone else, everyone here has been doing this for a while. Are you thinking the same things?
Wuv did a week of P3 to jump-start and get things going again. If you're stalled & frustrated, it might be something to consider.
I haven't hit that "suddenly tired of doing it" stage. My mom did (she had about 35-40 total to lose vs my 115). She did a P2 day every 2nd or 3rd day and that got her thru. Since she's 72, she was okay with the slower loss as long as the scale continued in the right direction.

My scale has bounced around this week but I think it is finally down. Clothes are looser so I KNOW fat loss is in the right direction. The thyroid probs didn't really affect the big C at first but now that the meds seem to have the blood number stabilized, I'm having more probs on "that end"

Re: hair loss
I can't blame mine exclusively on IP because of the thyroid issues that developed, too. But I def noticed an increase sometime in Jan. Started taking biotin and increased my Omega 3s and then had to let go of it.

And a big ugh! re: washer. Mine is approx 25 years old. I keep talking about getting a shiny new, fancy one. With your story, I'm stickin' with the old, beat up one, scratches from moves and all!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-01-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #104  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

That's definitely frustrating about your washer! I hope you can get it sorted out. I too have an ancient washer that I've been thinking about retiring and getting a new more efficient one but now hearing your story I'm not sure I want to do that either.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #105  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post

First off who would buy a new washing machine every 2 years? Sometimes these manufacturers have some crazy ideas.

If you are happy with the way you are now you should phase off. There is not reason to keep going just because of a number on the scale. You are at a healthy BMI.

If you still really want to lose more but need a break Lisa's suggestion is a good one. It might give you the mental break from phase I and also get things moving quicker again when you get back to phase I.

Have a plan for phasing out and maintenance. Give yourself some limits on weight variation and also on how free that free day really is in maintenance. I think it's easier to phase out if you have a plan in place.
Closed Thread