3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 2/19/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276004-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-2-19-2013-a.html)

Dinie89 02-19-2013 09:25 PM

I had to change my WI time to coordinate with the boyfriends scedule save driving same place twice -- I am so use to WI in the mornings or early afternoon- now going to be WI evenings after dinner -- sounds silly but I am expecting the scale to not even move this week- just gonna by pass this week as a transition week and won't let it get me down if it is no loss =)

LizRR 02-19-2013 10:28 PM

The baby is down, digesting the daily...slept in this morning...pregnancy brain totally forgot to set my alarm this morning and missed my morning run. Making up with a 3-mile jog and Bodypump tomorrow morning. Made a delicious roasted pork loin and cauliflower for dinner tonight... I can't take cauli purée anymore, but still love the roasted florets!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4638149)
I eat lunch with my boss he tells me to enjoy my bowl of lettuce.:( I just smile and say thank you. Jokes on him though because I keep losing and he looks like he has regained the weight he lost last spring/summer.

The joke IS on him! I must have a "don't F with me" face because I never heard a peep about my food choices in P1. Although my Dad did make a "this is DIET food!" comment in Phase 3 when he had some of my pumpkin pie breakfast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by meinvt (Post 4638154)
I woke up starving today!! what's the best go-to breakfast for those hungry days? BTW - I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 7pounds - mostly water , I know, but I'm happy!

I would have a 2 egg white IP packet recipes in the morning with some front loaded veggies, FinnStevens mock French toast (omelette packet and shredded&squeezed zucchini) was always super filling, or zucchini crispy cereal pancakes. Lol, zucchini and breakfast...tastes great!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4039565-post89.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetorun3 (Post 4638133)
Good Morning! I just joined the group this morning! I've been on the program for 3 weeks ~ WI tonight :D
So far, I've lost 8.4lbs and have found the plan pretty easy to follow & I've learned a lot from reading all of your posts ;)
The biggest question that I've had is whether or not I can run while on program. I've read a lot of the starter info on the site but can't really find much regarding running. (or really find the answer that I want to hear ~ "yes, you can still run, just have a banana before you go out" haha! I registered for 2 half marathons in March & would really love to be able to do them while on the program.
My coach said that he ran a half marathon while on Phase 1 & just had an extra packet on the days that he trained. He said that he used "gu" during the race. I don't seem to have enough energy to get out there and run on Phase 1.
Any suggestions?

Honestly - for me it was either run or P1. I did light walking (2-3 miles, slow) and moderate weightlifting in P1. I tried running 3miles in P1 and had a very scary experience afterward with dizziness, nausea, and my eyes could not focus (THAT was the scariest). Pre-IP I was doing 3-miles @ ~12-min/mile, after dropping the weight I was immediately able to do 5-miles @ 7-8 min/mile. Currently I run 25-30 mi/week (but quit the speed work as I am 12-weeks pregnant) and continue Bodypump 2-3x/week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagoboiler (Post 4638387)
I need some IP help. In 2012 I had the help of a coach, but financially for 2013, I had to go alternative. I want to start taking some strength classes at the gym and train for a 5k because it's a cause I really care about (I used to be addicted to endurance races...so I've been holding back while on this diet).

Is it right to add a protein shake before AND after the workout, or what's the suggested balance for the exercise? I just want to keep going, but add the proper nutrition. Any help is appreciated!!!

I did light walking from day 1 of P1 and started Bodypump 3x/week starting at week 8 in P1 at ~1/2 the weight I did pre-IP (did increase it gradually). Be warned that high intensity exercise is NOT recommended in P1, if you did it before you may want to test the waters after a week or so, and don't be surprised if it stalls your losses. I would time my eating for Bodypump so I had an unrestricted ~1 hour before working out and my meal (8-oz protein & veggies) after my workout, also would have 2 egg whites that day.

Mom2tocs was an avid, intense exerciser throughout P1 and acknowledged & accepted the slower losses to keep up her routine. Just be aware it is a choice, slower losses for intense exercise.

Mother of the Groom 02-19-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazynette826 (Post 4639045)
WI today and down another 3!! Total of 28 lost, and hit my first goal of 10%!! :yay: Now to just keep going!!!

Great job! 10% is a fantastic accomplishment.:dance:

Suzali 02-19-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4638947)
That is a normal WI for being that close to goal.

I never had the burst of energy. I make sure to get 8 hours minimum of sleep each night or I am dragging all day.

I'm pre menopausal and sleep has eluded me for a long time. Since I've been on IP I haven't had night sweats (yay!). Good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't experienced that burst of energy. I know I should be happy with losing a pound this week but I had set an expectation of losing up to two pounds a week. I can hear everyone saying "a loss is a loss!" :)

Suzali 02-19-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crred96 (Post 4638957)
Day 5... I just had sirloin steak with WF honey barbecue sauce- WOW delish!

The spicy BBQ from WF is super good too!

Suzali 02-19-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetShe (Post 4638978)
Today's weigh in - down 5 lbs from last week. That's a total of 25 lbs in 6 weeks.:carrot:

That's fantastic! Congrats!

Mother of the Groom 02-19-2013 11:27 PM

I have to laugh at myself, tomorrow is my first WI and for the first time in my life I can't wait to jump on that scale. :)

crazynette826 02-20-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom (Post 4639148)
I have to laugh at myself, tomorrow is my first WI and for the first time in my life I can't wait to jump on that scale. :)

Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure your results will be awesome! That first week was the motivation I needed to keep going.