3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 2/19/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276004-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-2-19-2013-a.html)

scorbett1103 02-19-2013 03:54 PM

Anyone else on P3 feel a little overstuffed? It's only day 2 so I thought my body may take time to get used to the big breakfast, but oh boy do I feel huge :) Thinking of scaling back my protein portions to 6 or 7oz to see if that helps.

my31rewards 02-19-2013 04:01 PM

NSV - I always have to use extenders on my necklaces because they feel like they are choking me. I noticed all my necklaces are longer - maybe I can get rid of the extenders!

Also, I tried the Smooth Move Tea last night - taste was bad but it did the work. Can't wait to see how this weeks WI goes!

mrsstunner 02-19-2013 04:20 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to the IP diet. I just thought I would stop by and say hi and introduce myself to all my soon-to-be (i hope) IP Buddies. Looks like I will be starting the day after tomorrow, and just wondered if any of the rest of you were nervous about the start like I am right now. I've been a dedicated reader of this forum for the past week now and I'm pretty sure I have most of the basics I need to know down but I'm still super NERVOUS. I just don't want to fail. I'm terrified this will all be in vein. I've done really well on diets in the past but I ALWAYS gain the weight back. Right now I'm the biggest I have ever been in my life and its to the point now that I'm just not healthy at all! I have to do this!

IP43 02-19-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meinvt (Post 4638154)
I woke up starving today!! what's the best go-to breakfast for those hungry days? ....!

When I have a "grrrr" I make an IP omelette with extra egg if needed and tons of veggies. Very filling!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladylunk (Post 4638441)
Wow major light headed this morning feeling very faint. Just had a small hunk of cucumber with sea salt and going to lie down. Maybe coming down with something..dh says I am very pale he thinks blood sugar may be low...guess will see later how I feel....

I get light headed too and have low blood pressure. My coach keeps advocating to get my salt in. I personally want to have 5 restricted bars but the cucumber/salt is a better option :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat117 (Post 4638642)
Any one ever feel like just giving up? I am at almost 6 months and halfway to my goal, another 80 pounds to go. But today - I am just tired of it, frustrated and annoyed (at myself)...
What do you do to keep yourself going?

YEP -- been there but I DID stop and now am regretting how far along I could be. 80 lbs is a 11-12 year old child. You lost THAT off your body! That's AMAZING!!

In about 15 pounds you'll see the sizes dropping and feel super skinny so stick with it! You're out of the "morbidly obese" range, and will soon be shopping in regular stores, if you're not already, so HAVE COURAGE and keep goin! :hug:

meinvt 02-19-2013 05:13 PM

Thanks IP43! Good idea, I will try the omelet. I'm not a big egg fan, but all the veggies should take the edge off. Speaking of eggs, in my oven right now is a cauliflower/roasted leek/roasted kale souffle. If it actually puffs, I'll add the recipe here. With the leftover egg whites, I mixed in some Mio and stuck them in the oven too - hoping for meringues. We will see. Not sure if Mio is allowed so while they cook, I will scout around on this site.

Mrs. Stunner, Welcome!! I chose this diet because, like you, I always gain it back. I figured if all the weight loss happens in stage 1, stage 2, 3 and 4 must be centered on keeping it off - just right for me and you!

ladylunk 02-19-2013 05:23 PM

Thanks IP43. I am still dizzy and just don't know if it was the marathon all nighter my 3 year old pulled last night. Well I stupidly watched a movie until 1am and she was up at 3am till 6am. Then up to take son to school. So could have been that or I kind of feel like my neck is all out of whack. The salt certainly did not help and I feel like I do have quite a bit of salt. Husband still insists it's low blood sugar. But I am like your low blood pressure idea as mine is usally pretty low anyway, funny cause the last couple days I have felt pressure or tightness in my veins, weird I know, but was thinking maybe my blood pressure was up. Boy oh boy I am a wreck today! I would love to have 5 restricted. That's another thing hungry again. Having a tea right now.

MyTime50 02-19-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladylunk (Post 4638441)
Wow major light headed this morning feeling very faint. Just had a small hunk of cucumber with sea salt and going to lie down. Maybe coming down with something..dh says I am very pale he thinks blood sugar may be low...guess will see later how I feel....

Ladylunk,
When I feel like that, I eat a few dill pickles and drink some water. Does the trick for me. Hope you feel better :hug:

M35A2 02-19-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyTime50 (Post 4638819)
Ladylunk,
When I feel like that, I eat a few dill pickles and drink some water. Does the trick for me. Hope you feel better :hug:

We actually just drink some of the pickle juice (no water as it'll wash right through). If it works then usually an indication of low salt.

ladylunk 02-19-2013 05:30 PM

Thanks mytime50 and m35a2 I think I am ruling out the salt factor as had cucumber and salt and then salad and roasted cauliflower for lunch both with salt. I feel like I have quite a bit of salt on this diet. Posted above, right now it could be any number of things, but salt ruled out. That was my first thoughtl.....

Mother of the Groom 02-19-2013 05:32 PM

Today I made a rotini salad with 2 cups blanched broccoli, dressed with the mayo and seasonings. It was very good but doesn't seem to be holding off my hunger like the soup and raw vegs did.

MyTime50 02-19-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4638721)
Anyone else on P3 feel a little overstuffed? It's only day 2 so I thought my body may take time to get used to the big breakfast, but oh boy do I feel huge :) Thinking of scaling back my protein portions to 6 or 7oz to see if that helps.

Scorbett,
Welcome to P3!
I remember feeling so bloated and stuffed. It felt like my breakfast was sitting like a lump in my stomach for hours!
I realized that my stomach just couldn't handle the dairy. I stopped eating Greek yogurt and I felt much better. I have since switched to almond milk. It may take a few days for your body to adjust. I too scaled back my protein and found 6 oz. was enough for me.
Good luck! So happy for you! :carrot:

IP43 02-19-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsstunner (Post 4638746)
Hi everyone! I'm new to the IP diet. I just thought I would stop by and say hi and introduce myself to all my soon-to-be (i hope) IP Buddies. Looks like I will be starting the day after tomorrow, and just wondered if any of the rest of you were nervous about the start like I am right now. I've been a dedicated reader of this forum for the past week now and I'm pretty sure I have most of the basics I need to know down but I'm still super NERVOUS. I just don't want to fail. I'm terrified this will all be in vein. I've done really well on diets in the past but I ALWAYS gain the weight back. Right now I'm the biggest I have ever been in my life and its to the point now that I'm just not healthy at all! I have to do this!

Good luck -- you're with a great group. If you're just "organizing" things, maybe get some biotin. SOME people experience hair loss on any diet with rapid weight loss, but it doesn't show until month 3 or 4 so by then, it's kinda too late to think of the biotin vitamin. Just a suggestion. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom (Post 4638828)
Today I made a rotini salad with 2 cups blanched broccoli, dressed with the mayo and seasonings. It was very good but doesn't seem to be holding off my hunger like the soup and raw vegs did.

I put my rotini salad (with the italian vinaigrette) and a bunch of veggies, ON TOP of a big bed of lettuce. It was HUGE and filled me up no problem. People at work joke and ask if my salad is for the whole staff as it's a pretty big bowl. NOPE-Not sharin':nono:

onmyway1014 02-19-2013 05:49 PM

Ladylunk -

The way you are feeling my be totally unrelated to the diet - About 3 weeks ago I got suddenly very dizzy while sitting at the computer typing - dizzy to the point where I was scared - felt like the room was spinning - I immediately had some salt and it did nothing. Just as panic was setting in - I remembered a coworker who is not on this diet had mentioned having extreme vertigo the weekend before. We are preschool teachers so there is always some cootie going around.

With help - I went up to bed and slept for 14 hours! I should have eaten my jello before I fell asleep but I could not - I was dizzy to the point of being Naseus and almost dry heaving - I woke up feeling fine the next day. 2 other people I know had the same thing - One was my coach who is on Phase 4.
She also tried the salt and it didn't help her either.

So - you might have a viral thing or you might just simply be exhausted.

If you don't feel better in a day or so after some rest you might want to check with your doctor.

Mother of the Groom 02-19-2013 05:49 PM

That's a great idea IP43, I will definitely do that next time. :)

lisa32989 02-19-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Any one ever feel like just giving up? I am at almost 6 months and halfway to my goal, another 80 pounds to go. But today - I am just tired of it, frustrated and annoyed (at myself). After 6 months I should know that Crystal light is a no-no. So why did I think last week it was ok to drink it all week?

Needless to say, my weight loss stopped this week and I went up a pound.

I am so tired of dieting. But at 199 - I still have to lose another 80 pounds.

I'm looking at your height and goal weight and wondering if you're being extremely hard on yourself?
I'm the same height. I'll be "great" with "just" being in the normal weight range. I don't need to be a weight that is going to be extremely difficult to maintain.
So, normal weight range is my goal...not some picture of perfection.

ragdoll74 02-19-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Any one ever feel like just giving up? I am at almost 6 months and halfway to my goal, another 80 pounds to go. But today - I am just tired of it, frustrated and annoyed (at myself). After 6 months I should know that Crystal light is a no-no. So why did I think last week it was ok to drink it all week?

Needless to say, my weight loss stopped this week and I went up a pound.

I am so tired of dieting. But at 199 - I still have to lose another 80 pounds.

What do you do to keep yourself going?

Stick with it and soon you'll get past that mental wall. After that you'll feel like you could do phase 1 forever.

BTW Crystal light is ok in moderation. A better choice would be MIO since it doesn't have aspartame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsstunner (Post 4638746)

I was very scared that I would fail on IP when I first started. IP changed my life and gave me back control over food. You still need to make the choice not to eat, but with IP it's easier to say no to temptation.

You'll do great!

IP43 02-19-2013 06:07 PM

RE: Vertigo/dizzyness. I was just reading in January's First for Women magazine (the one where Dr. Oz told me my body type is a tigress, not a gazelle) about natural relief for dizziness. It's called BPPV -- benign paroxysmal positional vertigo which is caused by microscopic calcium particles located on nerve endings in the ear canal breaking free , bouncing around and causing dizziness. This can happen more often if you're over 40, had a head injury, or suffer from sinusitits.

It suggests 2 things:
1) try the "epley maneuvre" that cures dizziness caused by loose ear particles as it helps dislodge calcium crystals and reposition them back into a labyrinth in the back of the ear -- go to Youtube and search "Epley, University of Michigan". Follow the "left epley" if you get dizzy turning your head to the left

2) sleep on your back. otherwise gravity pulls calcium particles in the ear that's resting on the pillow to the forefront into canals where they cause dizziness.

WOW -- these chick magaizines are shore makin' me lurn real good. Call me "Dr. IP43" ;)

Ojenchilada 02-19-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4638854)
RE: Vertigo/dizzyness. I was just reading in January's First for Women magazine (the one where Dr. Oz told me my body type is a tigress, not a gazelle) about natural relief for dizziness. It's called BPPV -- benign paroxysmal positional vertigo which is caused by microscopic calcium particles located on nerve endings in the ear canal breaking free , bouncing around and causing dizziness. This can happen more often if you're over 40, had a head injury, or suffer from sinusitits.

It suggests 2 things:
1) try the "epley maneuvre" that cures dizziness caused by loose ear particles as it helps dislodge calcium crystals and reposition them back into a labyrinth in the back of the ear -- go to Youtube and search "Epley, University of Michigan". Follow the "left epley" if you get dizzy turning your head to the left

2) sleep on your back. otherwise gravity pulls calcium particles in the ear that's resting on the pillow to the forefront into canals where they cause dizziness.

WOW -- these chick magaizines are shore makin' me lurn real good. Call me "Dr. IP43" ;)

The Epley maneuvre seems to have cured my mom's vertigo (knock on wood on her behalf). She had suffered with it for more than a decade, but after a few visits to a well trained physician, she has been free of those dizziness attacks for more than three years.

IP43 02-19-2013 06:24 PM

Look at that -- only posted 5 minutes ago, and I've already cured someone! ;) Glad to hear it worked for your mom. I found it "intriguing" and especially after my dr said he was concerned about how much calcium we were having, it made sense to me that things could be floating around in there! (Glad to know something is floating around up there!)

mrsstunner 02-19-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meinvt (Post 4638805)
Thanks IP43! Good idea, I will try the omelet. I'm not a big egg fan, but all the veggies should take the edge off. Speaking of eggs, in my oven right now is a cauliflower/roasted leek/roasted kale souffle. If it actually puffs, I'll add the recipe here. With the leftover egg whites, I mixed in some Mio and stuck them in the oven too - hoping for meringues. We will see. Not sure if Mio is allowed so while they cook, I will scout around on this site.

Mrs. Stunner, Welcome!! I chose this diet because, like you, I always gain it back. I figured if all the weight loss happens in stage 1, stage 2, 3 and 4 must be centered on keeping it off - just right for me and you!

Thanks hun! And you're right about the other stages. Hopefully it will work for us both! Lawd, I need to keep it off this time.:hug:

mrsstunner 02-19-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4638838)
Good luck -- you're with a great group. If you're just "organizing" things, maybe get some biotin. SOME people experience hair loss on any diet with rapid weight loss, but it doesn't show until month 3 or 4 so by then, it's kinda too late to think of the biotin vitamin. Just a suggestion. :)
:

Thanks so much for the suggestion! I will see about the Biotin. I think I would be pretty sad if I lost too much of my hair :(

mrsstunner 02-19-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4638847)
I was very scared that I would fail on IP when I first started. IP changed my life and gave me back control over food. You still need to make the choice not to eat, but with IP it's easier to say no to temptation.

You'll do great!

Aw! I hope I do great! Thanks so much for the encouragement. I really can't wait to start I'm just worried about the amount of food. I feel like I'll be hungry and it will make me cave and cheat. Did you guys deal with alot of hunger? and if so did it only last a few days or are you still battling it?

Like I said before, I just don't want to fail. I want to give it my all and succeed this time!

IP43 02-19-2013 07:15 PM

You will be pleasantly surprised. The first 4 days will be tough but after that the food cravings will be gone and you'll find you just look at the plate of donuts or whatever, and don't even want any. Not only is it not worth it, you just don't "want" it. However, cheat, and get out of ketosis, and you'll be wanting to gnaw the legs off the chairs and the 4 day cycle starts all over. It won't take long to realize the finger licks, nibbles, and kids' PB and J crusts are so not worth another 4 days and $30 a nibble ;)

mrsstunner 02-19-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4638904)
You will be pleasantly surprised. The first 4 days will be tough but after that the food cravings will be gone and you'll find you just look at the plate of donuts or whatever, and don't even want any. Not only is it not worth it, you just don't "want" it. However, cheat, and get out of ketosis, and you'll be wanting to gnaw the legs off the chairs and the 4 day cycle starts all over. It won't take long to realize the finger licks, nibbles, and kids' PB and J crusts are so not worth another 4 days and $30 a nibble ;)

I'm really hoping for the "i don't want that" feeling. I love carbs, but I don't like the taste of chair legs so it doesn't sound like cheating would be the way to go for me.

LadyLunk~ I hope you get to feeling better.

loopers 02-19-2013 07:29 PM

Has anyone had any issues with low blood pressure/dizziness and migraines? I've been feeling odd for a week or so, super dizzy when I stand up sometimes, and migraines for a few days...

Suzali 02-19-2013 07:33 PM

Lost 1 pound this week. Been feeling off and pretty tired. Is this normal for being 7 weeks into the program? I hear about the burst of energy many experience while on IP. Still waiting for that to happen.

IP43 02-19-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loopers (Post 4638918)
Has anyone had any issues with low blood pressure/dizziness and migraines? I've been feeling odd for a week or so, super dizzy when I stand up sometimes, and migraines for a few days...

Read today's posts on page 4 -- discussion there on this topic

ladylunk 02-19-2013 07:50 PM

Thanks for all the concern and suggestions. Sounds like others going through this to.....Still a little bit dizzy, but definately not as intense as before. Maybe could be a virus as been around people with some bugs lately. I will have to check out epley later tonight when the kids go to bed, hopefully early......Think it's movie in mommys bed tonight while dh on night shift.

mrsstunner, welcome and good luck. It definately is fairly easy to follow and although I have complained about the odd hunger or temptation its surprising how easy most days have been for me.

ragdoll74 02-19-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4638869)
Look at that -- only posted 5 minutes ago, and I've already cured someone! ;) Glad to hear it worked for your mom. I found it "intriguing" and especially after my dr said he was concerned about how much calcium we were having, it made sense to me that things could be floating around in there! (Glad to know something is floating around up there!)

Amazing. I think maybe they should give you your own tv show!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsstunner (Post 4638901)
Aw! I hope I do great! Thanks so much for the encouragement. I really can't wait to start I'm just worried about the amount of food. I feel like I'll be hungry and it will make me cave and cheat. Did you guys deal with alot of hunger? and if so did it only last a few days or are you still battling it?

Like I said before, I just don't want to fail. I want to give it my all and succeed this time!

For me on day one I was shocked that I wasn't hungry. Then days 2-3 I was sick to my stomach from the carb withdrawal.

You do get hungry before meals and want to eat, but in my experience it hasn't been that ravenous I'm eating anything that gets in my way hunger.

The first week you are allowed an extra non-restricted packet each day if needed, and that should help with the initial hunger.

ragdoll74 02-19-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzali (Post 4638923)
Lost 1 pound this week. Been feeling off and pretty tired. Is this normal for being 7 weeks into the program? I hear about the burst of energy many experience while on IP. Still waiting for that to happen.

That is a normal WI for being that close to goal.

I never had the burst of energy. I make sure to get 8 hours minimum of sleep each night or I am dragging all day.

Sammie12 02-19-2013 07:57 PM

Good evening everyone. Scorbett I just saw your post from yesterday. I live in Wareham so the NB MB is close for me to go to & I did find the jicama thank you

Crred96 02-19-2013 08:03 PM

Day 5... I just had sirloin steak with WF honey barbecue sauce- WOW delish!

jeffiner 02-19-2013 08:17 PM

NSV alert...walked into aftercare to pick up my kids and the lady in charge said" hey..what are you doing" i was like " umm picking up my kids" she laughed and said "no..how are you losing all that weight!" That is the first time someone noticed!

SweetShe 02-19-2013 08:24 PM

Down 25 lbs

Today's weigh in - down 5 lbs from last week. That's a total of 25 lbs in 6 weeks.:carrot:

Mother of the Groom 02-19-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffiner (Post 4638967)
NSV alert...walked into aftercare to pick up my kids and the lady in charge said" hey..what are you doing" i was like " umm picking up my kids" she laughed and said "no..how are you losing all that weight!" That is the first time someone noticed!

Awesome! Always nice to have someone notice all our hard work. :D

Mother of the Groom 02-19-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetShe (Post 4638978)
Today's weigh in - down 5 lbs from last week. That's a total of 25 lbs in 6 weeks.:carrot:

Great job! :bravo:

JenRem 02-19-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Awesome - the unsolicited compliments are the best! Sound like the just the beginning of people noticing!

Quote:

Congrats - way to go! Great motivation and inspiration. Keep it up!

scorbett1103 02-19-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyTime50 (Post 4638832)
Scorbett,
Welcome to P3!
I remember feeling so bloated and stuffed. It felt like my breakfast was sitting like a lump in my stomach for hours!
I realized that my stomach just couldn't handle the dairy. I stopped eating Greek yogurt and I felt much better. I have since switched to almond milk. It may take a few days for your body to adjust. I too scaled back my protein and found 6 oz. was enough for me.
Good luck! So happy for you! :carrot:

Thank you!!! I figured it would take time for my body to get used to 3 meals of real food, but I think I am going to at least pull back my lunch protein to 6 oz and see if that helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammie12 (Post 4638948)
Good evening everyone. Scorbett I just saw your post from yesterday. I live in Wareham so the NB MB is close for me to go to & I did find the jicama thank you

Oh good! And howdy neighbor :) That MB actually carries a great selection of Walden Farms stuff too, but you have to look for it. The dressings are near where the tofu is. The chocolate and caramel sauce are in the aisle with the ice cream toppings (near the magazines). They have the WF peanut spread with the peanut butters and the WF pancake syrups with the other syrups. I've also seen the BBQ sauces in the BBQ sauce aisle. Can you tell I've scouted all this stuff out??? :)

Quote:

That's great!!!

Quote:

Nice job!

crazynette826 02-19-2013 09:21 PM

WI today and down another 3!! Total of 28 lost, and hit my first goal of 10%!! :yay: Now to just keep going!!!

scorbett1103 02-19-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazynette826 (Post 4639045)
WI today and down another 3!! Total of 28 lost, and hit my first goal of 10%!! :yay: Now to just keep going!!!

Woo hoo!! 10% of your body weight is awesome!