Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
This has been fun to play with and keeps me motivated: http://www.modelmydiet.com/
Fun website! I'll remember to use this when I need motivation!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #47  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo View Post
Why is there a discrepancy on how long you do phase 1? I see references to switching to P 2 at 80% of goal and 90% of goal. My coach states 100% of goal to be reached before switching. Thank for any replies.
The switch to Phase 2 happened before reaching goal weight on OLD protocols. The most updated one (from June of last year) states that you stay on P1 until goal weight is reached. Your coach is using the most current information.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i'm here....just lurking more than posting

omg i adored vermont and look forward t when i can visit again!! well, adored everything except that border patrol! haha still, i did not get to see a moose!! maybe next time!!
Yes, come back. I haven't seen any since I saw three standing together last fall on my way home from work. Come when the weathers nice, I'll fix you a club soda.😉
Old 02-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #49  

Quote:
This has been fun to play with and keeps me motivated: http://www.modelmydiet.com/
Cool site...thanks for sharing!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #50  

I thought the day would take forever but I'm happy to report I'm down one size in pant and shirt. I look forward to my next lower size purchase!! Happy day. Celebrated with a steak and veggies for supper. So so good!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 169.2/159.8/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina M View Post
I thought the day would take forever but I'm happy to report I'm down one size in pant and shirt. I look forward to my next lower size purchase!! Happy day. Celebrated with a steak and veggies for supper. So so good!
Way to go!!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #52  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo View Post
Fun website! I'll remember to use this when I need motivation!
Same here. Thanks for sharing. I hope it is right that I will have a waist for the first time ever!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Okay, this may sound crazy, but I just ordered a bikini online. I've never ordered one, and I've ALWAYS been chubby. But, I want extra motivation. I doubt that I will wear it in public even when I get to goal, but I'll never know unless I try!!
Congrats, I have no doubt you will rock that bikini
Old 02-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #54  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Quote:
Thanks for sharing! You're right--that's fun to play with!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #55  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

One more week til I'm on a dive boat in a bathing suit again, and I'm happy to know I'll be way more comfortable in one than I was in December.

I've been trying some new alternatives since I was getting into a bit of a rut eating the same IP foods day after day. I'm really liking the Proti-Diet blueberry pancakes, the WLS cheesecake, and the WLS cocomint pudding/shake so far. I also like making the Proti-Diet oatmeal into muffins. Seems like my last Nashua order was a home run!!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #56  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
The switch to Phase 2 happened before reaching goal weight on OLD protocols. The most updated one (from June of last year) states that you stay on P1 until goal weight is reached. Your coach is using the most current information.
Hey Scorbett! I see you are only one pound from your goal weight! That's awesome--can't wait until that is on my ticker too!
to you!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

omg i adored vermont and look forward t when i can visit again!! well, adored everything except that border patrol! haha still, i did not get to see a moose!! maybe next time!![/QUOTE]

Thought I would add these for your veiwing pleasure Rainbow. Maybe next time you will see one of thses amazing moose!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moose3.jpg (50.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg amoose6.jpg (65.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
My wife and I were in Fredricksburg, TX today and stopped in a restaurant for lunch. We thought we'd just get a salad and be fine. Only thing that came close enough was a grilled steak and spring mix salad with guac and deep fried shallots. We got them to remove the guac and shallots and asked if they had green peppers and cucumbers. Peppers they had but not the cukes so we ordered that. The waitress came back with the salads and a little side of what can only be called "pico de gallo" but wasn't really pico. It had diced cukes, green peppers and dill weed. Turned out pretty good and we'll just call the steak 1/2 our evening protein. Amazing what you can do with a little creativity and the will to stay OP.
You are so right! Being creative and asking for what we want and need gets such great results. Congratulations to both of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Making my Superbowl game plan tonight - My mother in law is doing burgers, so I'll have her make me one 4oz burger and bring fixins for Big Mac salad. I'm going to take my other 4oz meat protein and make some buffalo chicken for the lunchtime snacking, and make some cauliflower hummus and cucumber "chips" as my veggie. I'm actually looking FORWARD to my food at the party!
That sounds great Scorbett! Have a great time, and I'm sure others will be jealous of your food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn 14 View Post
Hi all...

Well...I thought I was starting IP today...and seriously failed. So tomorrow is my official day 1 (again). I just hope I can get going with this program. What did you all do to get motivated to get started? My mornings start off great & I can usually make it to lunch...but by 2-3p.m. I have these little voices that tell me to have a treat & then I fall off the wagon...& then eat the rest of the day with reckless abandon. Ugh. Well tomorrow WILL BE different...I've joined the 30 by Mother's Day challenge. Hopefully, with that starting this week, I'll get going.

I need to go back through & read your posts for this weekend. I'm still trying to figure things out. Mostly, as you can see ,I'm having a hard time Just Doing It. I feel like I'm missing that motivational piece I need to get myself going. Sorry to rant...just need a kick in the pants!
I agree. Just do it, and read all the inspirational stories on this board. I have never stuck to a diet for more than a couple weeks in the past, and here I am, 9 weeks later and 45 lbs lost! You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina M View Post
Great job, it's such a boost when you go down a size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
One more week til I'm on a dive boat in a bathing suit again, and I'm happy to know I'll be way more comfortable in one than I was in December.

I've been trying some new alternatives since I was getting into a bit of a rut eating the same IP foods day after day. I'm really liking the Proti-Diet blueberry pancakes, the WLS cheesecake, and the WLS cocomint pudding/shake so far. I also like making the Proti-Diet oatmeal into muffins. Seems like my last Nashua order was a home run!!

Have a great day, everyone!
Congrats on the weight loss ad feeling great in that bathing suit. Diving sounds like so much fun, but not something I would have tried at 300 lbs. maybe I'll have to try it out!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Made some great zucchini butterscotch muffins yesterday (thanks for the recipe Lisa). I made red velvet cupcakes for the kids and their friends, but was very satisfied with my 3 muffins. Seemed like a huge amount of food for one packet.

I made zucchini cookies last week, and I am looking forward to trying the rhubarb crisp next week ( thanks lamberjules http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/i...-crisp-recipe/ ). I just have to remember to buy the maple oatmeal.

For the first few weeks, I was happy with keeping it simple and not cooking very much, but it's fun now to try out some new recipes!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #60  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn 14 View Post
Hi all...
just need a kick in the pants
You asked for it so here it is

It IS a struggle to get started. I know because I RE-Started in January and I'm still struggling to get OP 100%. I won't even say how many days I've done "day 1". So take the good and keep going. I'm the same as you. I'm good actually till after supper but then it's too easy to have an extra restricted or whatever. But I'm still here and still trying, and the weight is not going back ON so that's a success. Last night I actually sat with a bowl of shredded lettuce beside me and when I wanted to eat, I grabbed a few bites -- like I was eating popcorn! It really did help, and sometimes I think I'm fighting a "habit" of eating, not a hunger to eat. So try that!

There is lots of inspiration on this site. I'm going at a slower pace than I'd like, but I'm goin in the right direction. Celebrate what you're doing well and then just really focus at 3:00 to make it thru -- eat an egg or egg white omelette, or grab more salad. If you need a 'sweet' try Splenda jello if you don't have an IP one, or make the chocolate shake cookies. Good luck. You CAN do this -- if you want to. As I said earlier in another thread: If you think you can, or think you can't,you're right. Be like Nike: Just do it.

Last edited by IP43; 02-03-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Closed Thread