Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

There's also a post somewhere on the forum called The REAL cost of cheating - I don't have time to search for it now but it's a good post!

Weighed in this morning before getting the minion ready for school - I'm down 1.4lbs! Surprising as I think TOM is paying me an early visit, but I'll take it!!! 3.4lbs to goal!
CONGRATS TO YOU !!! 3.4 lbs is going to melt off in no time !!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 202/192/150

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on all the weight loss. I have my weigh in tomorrow - can't wait!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:
LOL!!!

Well I'm not driving because I took the picture, but here's the new baby
Woohoo!!! Beautiful!! Don't you just love that new car smell!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #49  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Default Back

I'm back for hopefully the last time. My first time using IP was successful and I lost 138lbs in a year, what I didn't learn or take care of was the maintenance and I didn't follow it. Made the excuses of " I deserve this treat after being so good for a year" and " I'll start back next week". So after quitting smoking and going back to bad eating habits I gained it all back in about 2 years.

So, here I go again and I find posting and reading here therapeutic. Yes, it's another long and costly road but I hope I am better prepared for the after diet (product) phase.

I'm usually more of a lurker than chatter but I will still be here.

After 2 weeks I've lost 16lbs and feeling good.
Keep on smiling
Old 01-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5'4

Had a good WI today... 3rd WI total 9.5lbs in 2 1/2 weeks.. not dramatic but it's a loss. I am hoping to be down before vacation in 3 weeks. My pants are getting looser and my rings are getting too big! Just started back working out. Can someone tell me - the Protein Plus that Trader Joes carries - does this have same ingredients as the powder drink from ID?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #51  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTime50 View Post
Woohoo!!! Beautiful!! Don't you just love that new car smell!
I do!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
I'm back for hopefully the last time. My first time using IP was successful and I lost 138lbs in a year, what I didn't learn or take care of was the maintenance and I didn't follow it. Made the excuses of " I deserve this treat after being so good for a year" and " I'll start back next week". So after quitting smoking and going back to bad eating habits I gained it all back in about 2 years.

So, here I go again and I find posting and reading here therapeutic. Yes, it's another long and costly road but I hope I am better prepared for the after diet (product) phase.

Keep on smiling
Welcome back, and fantastic first two weeks Can't wait to celebrate more successes along the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherri View Post
Had a good WI today... 3rd WI total 9.5lbs in 2 1/2 weeks.. not dramatic but it's a loss. I am hoping to be down before vacation in 3 weeks. My pants are getting looser and my rings are getting too big! Just started back working out. Can someone tell me - the Protein Plus that Trader Joes carries - does this have same ingredients as the powder drink from ID?
What's this "not dramatic" crazy talk??? What other diet has let you lose NINE and a half pounds in 17 days??? That's an average of 3.8 pounds per week - well within the "dramatic weight loss" range. Congrats!!

If you mean the GoPure drink mixes by Protein Plus, unfortunately they are much too high in carbs to be comparable to IP drink mixes. Your carb count would have to be 8g per serving or less to line up with IP and these are all way over 17g carbs per serving.

http://www.benefitnutrition.com/gopu...e-supreme.html
Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I do!!!!

Welcome back, and fantastic first two weeks Can't wait to celebrate more successes along the way!

What's this "not dramatic" crazy talk??? What other diet has let you lose NINE and a half pounds in 17 days??? That's an average of 3.8 pounds per week - well within the "dramatic weight loss" range. Congrats!!

If you mean the GoPure drink mixes by Protein Plus, unfortunately they are much too high in carbs to be comparable to IP drink mixes. Your carb count would have to be 8g per serving or less to line up with IP and these are all way over 17g carbs per serving.

http://www.benefitnutrition.com/gopu...e-supreme.html
Ditto what Scorbett said, however I know most Trader Joe's carry Pure Protein ready to drink shakes, those are fine!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #53  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
LOL!!!

Congrats! (And congrats on being so close to goal!!)

Quote:

Keep on smiling
You're off to a good start!!! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherri View Post
Had a good WI today... 3rd WI total 9.5lbs in 2 1/2 weeks.. not dramatic but it's a loss. I am hoping to be down before vacation in 3 weeks. My pants are getting looser and my rings are getting too big!
I'm with Scorbett! Sounds pretty dramatic to me!! Congrats!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5'4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Ditto what Scorbett said, however I know most Trader Joe's carry Pure Protein ready to drink shakes, those are fine!
Actually they are the RTD shakes... Heading back to TJ's to get more tomorrow - now that I am working out again, my coach suggested I drink an additional protein drink before working out. :-)
Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #55  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
I'm back for hopefully the last time. ...So, here I go again and I find posting and reading here therapeutic. Yes, it's another long and costly road but I hope I am better prepared for the after diet (product) phase.

Keep on smiling
WELCOME BACK Addy! You know you can be successful, and you know what you need to "Get 'er dun!" and we'll look forward to hearing good advice from you to help us along the way too. I'm always inspired by people who have persisted and lost that much. I know you're P.O.'d that you let yourself slip back to old ways, but we've all said that now -- there is no "old way" after IP. You have to change that mindset. I've just discovered I may become a caveman! LOL (Just looking into Paleo/Primal diet info shared on a diff thread)
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #56  

Quote:
LOL!!!

Nice !!! CONGRATS !
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #57  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
LOL!!!

I had to back up a page to find this because I thought when I first read it you were pregnant! LOL....

Now I see it's a very SHINY baby, but congrats anyway! I just won't be sendin' ya a new outfit with pom poms on it -- unless you want some pom-poms to dangle from the mirror or off the antenna??
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #58  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTime50 View Post
Mrskuby,
Since Scorbett is tooling around town in her new car, I thought I'd chime in on your PMS problem. Our bodies store estrogen in our excess fat cells. When we are dropping pounds quickly that estrogen is released back into our bloodstream. This dumping of estrogen can wreak havoc on our menstrual cycles and cause some major mood swings! Some coaches will tell you to use an alternate method of birth control other than the pill. Even people like you who have never experienced this type of "hormone storm" will be bothered by it.
Just think of it as another sign that the Whoosh Fairy is about to make a visit at your next weigh in! Oh, and you might want to warn your significant other about this before he decides to eat your last strawberry wafer. Mine learned the hard way!!!
You are doing great!!! I hope this helps
Thank you for the explanation!! I thought it might have something to do with the diet...Luckily I don't need to worry about birth control...Hubby noticed I was on edge yesterday so he behaved very well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ha! My DH is afraid to eat any veggies in the fridge, LET ALONE any of my IP products! (I keep telling him he only needs to check with me if he's going to use up something)

My hubby eats my pickles so I bought the biggest jug of pickles i could find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
Had my second weigh in today and I am down 5lbs!! Very happy!
Awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjerry View Post
Hi! I am new to this forum. I just started IP 15 days ago. I have my 2nd weign in tomorrow. I have to say I have tried many diets in the past (ie. Jenny Craig, WW, South Beach, calorie counting) and this diet is amazing! Like many of you have mentioned, I am absolutely amazed at my lack of cravings (after the first 4 days of course). At my first weigh in I had lost 10 pounds. On my home scale it looks like I've lost more and I'm excited to see what the scale says tomorrow. I am looking forward to the community here to keep me going!
10 lbs!!! Hope you have another good WI!!

Quote:

Keep on smiling
Welcome back!!! You quit smoking so you made some progress while you were gone! Now you know exactly what to do to lose the weight! You got this!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #59  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I had to back up a page to find this because I thought when I first read it you were pregnant! LOL....

Now I see it's a very SHINY baby, but congrats anyway! I just won't be sendin' ya a new outfit with pom poms on it -- unless you want some pom-poms to dangle from the mirror or off the antenna??

LOL thanks! No more babies for me, I am ready to reclaim at least a little of my sleep

And I would TOTALLY dangle some pom poms from my mirror!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #60  

Evening all !

I am still fighting the "crud". I am getting all my food in finally. I am fixing to start a busy 3 weeks at work! I would really like to feel better. YEA on all the losses !!!!
Closed Thread