Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8

Default Flavored Coffee

As my coach is away I can't ask her my some may say silly questions lol- my hubby won a Kureg coffee maker over the weekend which I am soo excited about been wanting one for a while now -

Well my question is - it has a wide variety of flavored coffees should I be avoiding these on IP ??
Dinie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #2  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

I'm a tea drinker, but listening in!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #3  

So am I - I am excited since they have the self brewer cup thing- but I do love some of there flavored coffees especially the iced French vanilla =) but I dunno if I can have those on IP - never less then tons of variety they have- I would not want to purchase one that's would be throwing me out of ketosis - even if there is a certain nutritional info guide limits I should stay within =)
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #4  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

I have a keurig.and had flavored coffee from day 1. I did try to limit myself to only 1 or 2 and for every cup over your first make sure you drink an extra glass of water.
frazzledmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #5  

I use my Keurig for tea--either with a bag just getting the cup of hot water from the machine or getting the K cups for herbal tea (not the iced tea k cups that have sugar in them).

I love flavored coffee but I like it with cream, so I am doing tea.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

From the Keurig website FAQs:
"Question Back to top
Is there any fat or sugar in your K-Cup® packs?
Answer
Coffee and tea K-Cup® packs do not contain fat or sugar. Natural and artificial flavorings added to coffee do not add any significant nutritional value. A cup of regular black coffee will contain approximately 2-4 calories (less than 1 gram carbohydrates) and 0 fats. Flavored coffees will add 0.8 calories, 0.3 grams carbohydrates and 0 fats. "

Technically, an IP coach would say "no." The reason is that if you deviate from the sheet, than it must be 0 carbs/0 sugar/0 fat. I personally wouldn't risk it-instead, try Torani sugar free vanilla in your regular or decaf coffee or Walden Farms chocolate or caramel sauce in your coffee. You could do that every morning and be fine
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #7  

Ya I figured the ice coffee be out - just with so many brands and flavor of judt cofee of k cups I wanted to stay with IP "coffee limits" we should say - thanks for the input
Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Flavored coffee beans are fine. Obviously you can't do the keurig cocoas but the flavored coffees are no problem.

Anything that is labeled 0 carbs usually actually DOES have a little carbs in it - per FDA regulations they can label something 0 carbs if it has less than 1 carb per serving. You should limit coffee consumption anyway (because of the diuretic effect) so if you choose to have 1 or 2 cups of flavored coffee just count it in your "extras" for the day if you're concerned about the 0.3g carb.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #9  

I don't drink coffee every morning maybe one every few days -- I am great full of all input I did find some tazo awake tea which I have always loved in k cups =) says 0-0-0 but like scorbett said it could still have carbs
Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Flavored coffees are ok - just not the ones that are artificially or naturally sweetened with sugar. I usually have a flavored coffee every AM from my Keurig - Pumpkin Spice, Cinnamon pastry or lately, gingerbread.

Recently Green Mountain Coffee and K-cups have been producing artificially or naturally sweetened iced teas, lattes and hot teas. Just avoid those because they are full of sugar or carbs or aspartame.

I have a membership to Green Mountain Coffee.com and have K-cups delivered to my house every 8 weeks or so. Hubby and I both drink coffee so we go through it. On the website when I choose what I want for the order, I read through the nutrition information first to make sure I am getting 0/0/0.
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #11  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Great question! I just assumed I couldn't have my flavoured coffees so have been sticking to decaf k-cups. Glad to know they should be ok. I have a box of decaf hazelnut sitting in my cupboard that won't go to waste now. Thanks!
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #12  

I love the flavored k-cups too. I checked the display at WM of cups and was surprised to see that a number of the flavored ones have a good amount of carbs in them!

Some of the boxes didn't have any nutrition info - so for those, I am guessing they must not have carbs? But, I was thinking I should stay away from the ones with 9,10, 11 carbs in a cup....

Anyone else go digging to find the actual carb counts on the flavored coffees?
SassyGirl424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyGirl424 View Post
I love the flavored k-cups too. I checked the display at WM of cups and was surprised to see that a number of the flavored ones have a good amount of carbs in them!

Some of the boxes didn't have any nutrition info - so for those, I am guessing they must not have carbs? But, I was thinking I should stay away from the ones with 9,10, 11 carbs in a cup....

Anyone else go digging to find the actual carb counts on the flavored coffees?
The kcups with carbs are usually the ones with cocoa in them, not plain coffee. Plain coffee (even flavored coffee beans) have 2 calories and negligible carbs.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

This is a bit off the topic but does apply to coffee, remember if you chose to drink regular not decaf that caffeine is an appetite stimulant.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
This is a bit off the topic but does apply to coffee, remember if you chose to drink regular not decaf that caffeine is an appetite stimulant.
I am used to my morning cup of coffee-so I drink that (half decaf) and maybe will have a few sips at work in mid afternoon and it actually kills my hunger (hot liquid that perks). I always follow it up with loads of water, but I haven't noticed that it stimulates hunger in me. If anything, it calms it, like hot tea, which I use when I am hungry and my next meal is a few hours away.
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote