Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkat View Post

Good morning all! I do have a question. Do all your coaches say to have 4 packets on phase 1? My coaches outline has the 4th packet as a snack after dinner but I am finding it some times difficult to get that last pack in as I am usually in bed 2-3hrs after dinner. I go to bed pretty early as I wake up really early for work. Any suggestions much appreciated!
Some coaches have their clients on 4 packets, some on 3. One extra UNRESTRICTED packet doesn't add much to your daily intake in terms of calories or protein, and if it makes the difference between succeeding or not on the diet it's fine. When I first started through a clinic, my coach gave me the option of adding the 4th packet if I needed it. I would agree to talk to your coach about your schedule, your fullness level through the day - you may not need 4 or they may have suggestions on how to space things out that work better for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Had my WI this morning and I am down 3.3lbs! WOOT! Down a total of 7.5 in two weeks. Very happy.

Also, my husband started back on Phase 1 this morning. I am hoping he has an easier time getting back on the wagon than I did!
Awesome job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
So yesterday for various reasons (inauguration and other events) I ended not eating enough. Here's what I had:

herb omelet with added egg whites
two boiled eggs
pickle
chocolate drink with decaf coffee, cinnamon and sea salt
water

I walked a lot too. I weighed this morning I was down 2.5 pounds from my Sunday weigh-in. I don't know if that's good or bad. I am making sure to get all my packets and veggies in today.

Thoughts?

P.S. In a NSV, I didn't have a drink last night. I approached the bar to get one, remembered just in time that I couldn't have it and ordered a club soda with lime instead. That proves to me that my mentality is already changing.
Great job resisting the drink at the bar! And yeah, your intake was on the low side yesterday on two VERY important fronts: protein and veggies. Take it as a lesson in planning ahead for busy days - I have had days where I was out of the house ALL day (as in, 6am straight through past dinner), but I knew ahead of time so I prepared by packing portable foods (RTDs, bars, precut veggies in a bag, hb egg, knowing where I could go along the way that would have "safe" foods. In an emergency, most drugstores (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Etc) have a diet section that carries Pure Protein or EAS AdvantEDGE shakes which are Phase 1 safe and great in a pinch. Pick up where you left off, but a little wiser on how to handle the crazy days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Hello. I am new and did search site and web a little to see if anyone has questioned this and I did not see anything. What's your thoughts on moose meat? It is very similar to beef (in flavour if you have a good one). But is leaner. We have a freezer full of it. I had a steak last night and this is the nutritional info I could find. 303 Calories in 8 oz, Carbs:0 grams, Fat: 2 grams, Protein: 66 grams. Is it too many calories? Not sure of specifics required. My coach said it would be okay. Venison is on the list, but not moose. I am not a venison fan, moose is just way closer to beef and not gamey. Let me know your thoughts.
The nutritional info is very close to beef, so you should be fine. Just be careful in terms of how the meat is prepared, I know sometimes game meats require more salt to tenderize but you don't want your sodium intake to go through the roof
Old 01-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8

Today is WI - not expecting much on the scale today as my scale at has not moved since last week- but hoping for some inches loss ! My coach is gone for 3 weeks so it's going to be interesting as I really find she is always so helpful for me =) we will see what this afternoon brings =)
Old 01-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

The nutritional info is very close to beef, so you should be fine. Just be careful in terms of how the meat is prepared, I know sometimes game meats require more salt to tenderize but you don't want your sodium intake to go through the roof [/QUOTE]

Thanks. You are very helpful. Have read many posts from you. Thanks for answering all the questions and your support to everyone!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

ThisGirlIsAwake and AnnaBoBanana:
How are you ladies doing on your re-starts?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #20  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Just checking in. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #21  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
The nutritional info is very close to beef, so you should be fine. Just be careful in terms of how the meat is prepared, I know sometimes game meats require more salt to tenderize but you don't want your sodium intake to go through the roof
Thanks. You are very helpful. Have read many posts from you. Thanks for answering all the questions and your support to everyone![/QUOTE]

You're welcome!

Well I'm avoiding the stress eating right now, waiting to hear from the dealership that I can go pick up my new car! We hit a snag this morning, apparently my insurance company failed to tell me that they were waiting for ME to call them with the new car's VIN number to "officially" add to the policy before the dealership could get the DMV paperwork from them. Had I known I could have done a 5 minute conference call on Friday to get it done and everything would have been in place this morning. Instead, I did the call at 11:30 after the dealer called me. It wouldn't be a big deal except I have to arrange a ride to the dealership, my brother in law was going to do it but after 3pm his schedule is crazy. My father in law can pick me up at 4-ish to take me up there but he's perpetually late and things may or may not be done for me by then. Still waiting to hear from the dealer. I will feel SO much better once I get the call that I can pick the car up. If tomorrow wasn't the start of OUR busy season (hubby starts school up again and I need to be able to pick him up from school four days a week) I wouldn't be as stressed, but this is cutting it down to the wire.

Guess I will just ride out the suspense and trust it will all work out! And drink LOOOOOOOTS of water (and pretend it's vodka!)
Old 01-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #22  

I have a recipe that I thought would be nice to share for any Chinese food lovers. Bean sprout (not noodle) Chow Mein has always been one of my favourite Chinese food dishes and I've made my own a few times since starting this diet so I thought I'd share. It literally doesn't taste any different than the one you get from a restaurant!

This is for a single serving:

1 1/2 cups Bean Sprouts
1/2 cup celery chopped into large bit size pieces
8 ounces of chicken breast cut to bite size pieces
1-2 tsps Dehydrated onion (I use this because my coach says I'm not allowed to cook with onion but dehydrated onion is techinically still raw so no sugars have developed...that's my thinking anyway
Sprinkle of sea salt
Sprinkle of Herbamare (vegatable salt use more sea salt if you don't have this)
1 tsp Olive Oil

Slightly heat olive oil pan and add chicken; cook fully.

Add celery and cook until tender crisp (about 5 mins depending on how much of a crunch you want)

Add bean sprouts, sea salt, Herbamare and onion and cook another 3-5 mins (less or more depending on your crunch preferance)

That's it! If you try it I hope you like it and I hope there's nothing illegal in it! lol

Last edited by Melanchu; 01-22-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

lol. That's the spirit! Good luck on your car

Last edited by ladylunk; 01-22-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #24  

Quote:
Good morning all! I do have a question. Do all your coaches say to have 4 packets on phase 1? My coaches outline has the 4th packet as a snack after dinner but I am finding it some times difficult to get that last pack in as I am usually in bed 2-3hrs after dinner. I go to bed pretty early as I wake up really early for work. Any suggestions much appreciated!
As others have said, different coaches are different. Mine said 3-5 packets the first week. Then I was on 3. Occasionally I've had a 4th but I've chosen the lowest carb option when I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
So yesterday for various reasons (inauguration and other events) I ended not eating enough.

I walked a lot too. I weighed this morning I was down 2.5 pounds from my Sunday weigh-in. I don't know if that's good or bad. I am making sure to get all my packets and veggies in today.

Thoughts?
Yup! Stay off the scale between official weigh ins.
You got some really good advise from others already. I just wanted to add that.

Quote:
Hello. I am new and did search site and web a little to see if anyone has questioned this and I did not see anything. What's your thoughts on moose meat?
Looks like Scorbett already took care of this one. Occasionally we'll run into more obsure foods and just have to use best judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Well I'm avoiding the stress eating right now, waiting to hear from the dealership that I can go pick up my new car! We hit a snag this morning, apparently my insurance company failed to tell me that they were waiting for ME to call them with the new car's VIN number to "officially" add to the policy before the dealership could get the DMV paperwork from them. Had I known I could have done a 5 minute conference call on Friday to get it done and everything would have been in place this morning. Instead, I did the call at 11:30 after the dealer called me. It wouldn't be a big deal except I have to arrange a ride to the dealership, my brother in law was going to do it but after 3pm his schedule is crazy. My father in law can pick me up at 4-ish to take me up there but he's perpetually late and things may or may not be done for me by then. Still waiting to hear from the dealer. I will feel SO much better once I get the call that I can pick the car up. If tomorrow wasn't the start of OUR busy season (hubby starts school up again and I need to be able to pick him up from school four days a week) I wouldn't be as stressed, but this is cutting it down to the wire.

Guess I will just ride out the suspense and trust it will all work out! And drink LOOOOOOOTS of water (and pretend it's vodka!)
Have a second "vodka" for me! See if the dealership can pick you up! Then you don't have to stress about timing. And enjoy that new car!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-22-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Melanchu: Sounds Delicious
Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #26  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Mine said 3, but I mistakenly thought I had to do 4 at first. I was having trouble getting it in and someone pointed out that only 3 were normally required so I scaled back. It didn't seem to make a difference whether I had 3 or 4 at least at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Hope all goes smoothly from here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanchu View Post
I have a recipe that I thought would be nice to share for any Chinese food lovers. Bean sprout (not noodle) Chow Mein has always been one of my favourite Chinese food dishes and I've made my own a few times since starting this diet so I thought I'd share. It literally doesn't taste any different than the one you get from a restaurant!

This is for a single serving:

1 1/2 cups Bean Sprouts
1/2 cup celery chopped into large bit size pieces
8 ounces of chicken breast cut to bite size pieces
1-2 tsps Dehydrated onion (I use this because my coach says I'm not allowed to cook with onion but dehydrated onion is techinically still raw so no sugars have developed...that's my thinking anyway
Sprinkle of sea salt
Sprinkle of Herbamare (vegatable salt use more sea salt if you don't have this)
1 tsp Olive Oil

Slightly heat olive oil pan and add chicken; cook fully.

Add celery and cook until tender crisp (about 5 mins depending on how much of a crunch you want)

Add bean sprouts, sea salt, Herbamare and onion and cook another 3-5 mins (less or more depending on your crunch preferance)

That's it! If you try it I hope you like it and I hope there's nothing illegal in it! lol

That sounds great!!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #27  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just checking in. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day.
hi vermont friend!!! how the weather??? GOT SNOW??
Old 01-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #28  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanchu View Post
I love this!!!! Going to pick up some bean sprouts tonight, this sounds like dinner tomorrow

Quote:
lol. That's the spirit! Good luck on your car
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Have a second "vodka" for me! See if the dealership can pick you up! Then you don't have to stress about timing. And enjoy that new car!
LOL! Thanks!!! I was about to start doing spring water shooters to calm my nerves when the dealer called me to say everything was ready!!! Now just waiting for my father in law to pick me up The dealer is half an hour away from my house, if I was closer I'm sure they would have offered to get me but it's a bit of a hike. I'm feeling much more relaxed now, and my new car will be parked in front of my house in just a few hours!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #29  

Default New here - not sure posting in right place

On Ideal Protein again, was on it and lost 40 pounds and then stress ate. Gained back 20 and putting myself on it again. My head needs to be in the game, so signing in here for more support.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #30  

Default Okay - so that worked. Hoping to check in here for inspiration each day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie123 View Post
On Ideal Protein again, was on it and lost 40 pounds and then stress ate. Gained back 20 and putting myself on it again. My head needs to be in the game, so signing in here for more support.
It is just one day at a time, sometimes it is one hour at a time and sometime one moment at a time.

Thanks.
Closed Thread