Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I have read that in addition to being the "diabetic plan", the alternative protocol is also used for people who feel they simply can't do without some of the carb foods that normal phase 1 doesn't allow, for people who are at high risk for cheating. The IP documents that I read said that although weight loss is only a bit slower on the alternative protocol, the chances of keeping the weight off permanently are drastically lowered by using the alternative protocol instead of the normal phase 1 protocol. I thought that was very interesting, and one of the reasons I stuck it out on the normal phase 1 protocol til this week even thought the alternative is probably a better match for me due to my blood sugar issues. IIRC, the difference in the long-term success at keeping the weight off isn't anything to do with willpower issues of the dieters on the alternative protocol, it's something to do with the pancreas reset. But its been a while since I read it, so if anyone really wants to know more, I suggest they google search the topic.

BTW, LOVE that Monty Python skit!
How long have you been doing the alternative protocol and is it working better for you?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
How long have you been doing the alternative protocol and is it working better for you?
I just started the alternative protocol exactly 1 week ago so its still very new to evaluate how well it is working for me. It has helped my problem with low energy, as I've had significantly more energy this week on IP than the prior 15 weeks. The low energy was the reason I switched. This week's loss also was above my average for the prior 3 weeks, so at least for this week, it doesn't appear to have slowed my losses. But it really is too early to say conclusively that it won't slow my losses. I feel better, and so if it takes a bit longer til goal, that's ok with me. I'll keep yall updated as I know more about how it goes over a longer time frame. One of the reasons I was hesitant to switch was I couldn't find much here on loss rate on alternative protocol, or experiences folks had with switching protocols, etc...so I'll gladly contribute whatever info I can.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-20-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkat View Post
Super happy I made it through my besties bridal shower without touching one naughty item of food! I was a little worried with this being my first week and all. A few ppl asked me why I wasn't eating, just told them I ate before the shower!
Tomorrow is my very first weigh in after a week on IP. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Congratulations on getting through the shower! I remember the first time I was on IP, I made it through a wedding with rich foods (the bride kindly ordered a special meal and salad with no dressing for me). I sipped hot, black coffee while everyone had cake and champagne. I was so proud of myself after getting through that and it made Christmas and New Years easier to get through as well.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow-surely all your will power and hard work will reflect in numbers tomorrow! That makes this all worth it and reminds you why you chose this lifestyle in the first place
Closed Thread