Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
When I'm at home for breakfast, I make a shake with the dark chocolate pudding mix, water, ice, and a cup of baby spinach (thanks to Lisa for this idea!). You can't taste the spinach and it's a nice way to get some of your veggies in.
I can't take credit. LizRR came before me & I got it from her! I'm not sure if it was her or someone else who said they used cold coffee (instead of water) and coffee ice cubes. This makes it VERY flavorful. We're pretty close to decaffeinated at our house, now. Liz used lettuce sometimes, too. I tried it but taste the lettuce. I don't really taste the spinach.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #17  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Water, water, water! Get a big water bottle with a straw...goes down faster!
GeauxTigers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 327/327/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Thanks

I'm also a newbie, and I love the information. Thanks for sharing, and I couldn't agree more about the tomato soup. I'm hoping the thread is wrong about lemon tea, because that's tomorrow and I'm looking forward. But I also have the chocolate pancake/ muffin and butterscotch pudding tomorrow, so it will be good.

Keep the good advice coming.
jensyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

WELCOME!!!!

You CAN do it. A gift from you to you!

My little piece of advice: Learn to make a salad dressing that is IP approved. Make a large quantity when you like it, as it will come in handy! Also, have "spare" packets in your purse for the in-case. And lastly, stay on 3FC for at least 6 weeks. Read it all! I've taken the best advice and motivation out of this site... and I have 53lbs lost to prove it.

Again, welcome and congrats!
vvei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
I also like to add a couple teaspoons of the IP soy nuts (any flavor) to my salad. Gives it a little extra something.
Ohhh, what a great idea!!

[QUOTE=vvei;4590582] And lastly, stay on 3FC for at least 6 weeks. Read it all! I've taken the best advice and motivation out of this site... and I have 53lbs lost to prove it.
QUOTE]

I agree completely. I lurked for a while, and I'm finding that I really feel at home here. I finally got my signature yesterday! I'm part of the club.

Congrats on the 53lbs!!
1LittleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I mix a chocolate drink with cold French pressed flavored coffee over ice in the morning, just love it and you can drag it out using a straw!

My favorite IP foods are the chocolate & cappucino drink, as well as, the wild berry yogurt. I put ice in the blender, water, wildberry yogurt packet and I put a slpash of Torani Sugar Free coconut syrup, very refreshing.
I love, love, love the Dill Zippers, apple cinnamon puffs & the chocolate puffs. You will find your favorites.

In this colder weather (upstate NY), I love the veggie purees that can be found I think under "having fun with veggie purees" The one I have made the last 2 weeks is EVOO, 1 head of cauliflower, 1 head of garlic, 2 Pablano peppers, 1 red pepper, fresh herbs, ROAST and then puree with organic chicken broth. I heat it up for lunch and it warms me right up.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Welcome! My tip would have been start on a Friday. Days 2 & 3 can be really rough and trying to go through that at work is no fun. If you were already eating low carb, you may not have any issues.

I recommend the chocolate soy puffs. They taste like chocolate covered cocoa puffs.
So wise about the start date. The first time I went on IP, I started on a Thursday, so my withdrawal was Friday-Sunday...way better. This time, I started on a Sunday and am experiencing the hellish migraines of carb/sugar withdrawal on day 2 at work

I actually like the tomato soup-I add spinach and fresh basil, salt and pepper and I think it tastes pretty good. I love the idea of baking it, will definitely try that.

Try as many packets as you can. Everyone has different tastes so who knows what you will like
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #23  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I hated the tomato soup but I have found that I really don't like any of the soups by themselves other than the chicken noodle, but with the veggies added to them they are all good. I like cauliflower in the leek soup, broccoli in the broc-cheese soup and zucchini in the creamy chicken soup.

I LOVE the apple cinn puffs!! I didn't like the chili or the bolognese...but it's just personal preference!

This is the easiest and most effective program I've ever tried! I've lost 16 lbs in 4 weeks! Good luck!!!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #24  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP View Post
I actually like the tomato soup-I add spinach and fresh basil, salt and pepper and I think it tastes pretty good. I love the idea of baking it, will definitely try that.

what you will like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post

In this colder weather (upstate NY), I love the veggie purees that can be found I think under "having fun with veggie purees" The one I have made the last 2 weeks is EVOO, 1 head of cauliflower, 1 head of garlic, 2 Pablano peppers, 1 red pepper, fresh herbs, ROAST and then puree with organic chicken broth. I heat it up for lunch and it warms me right up.

Wow! SOme great tips....I actually thought that maybe fresh basil would help that soup if it's that bad. I LOVE fresh basil. ANd I can't wait to try that Cauliflower puree! Yum

But a quick question....I noticed that the broths I have at home contain carbs. Not much, like 1 or 2g....but since extras are suppose to be 0/0/0 is it ok to use broth? Or is there a brand you would recommend?
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #25  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkat View Post
Wow! SOme great tips....I actually thought that maybe fresh basil would help that soup if it's that bad. I LOVE fresh basil. ANd I can't wait to try that Cauliflower puree! Yum

But a quick question....I noticed that the broths I have at home contain carbs. Not much, like 1 or 2g....but since extras are suppose to be 0/0/0 is it ok to use broth? Or is there a brand you would recommend?
I believe College Inn broth meets the requirements - but I actually make my own so there's no question about what's in it. I roast a whole chicken once every week or two. When we're done, I strip the meat off the bones and then toss the carcass in my big crockpot, cover it with water, thrown in an onion cut into wedges, two celery stalks with the leaves, a turnip chopped into wedges, some bay leaves and a Tbsp of peppercorns. Cooks in the crockpot overnight on low, by morning I have about 10 cups or more of fresh homemade broth to put in the freezer!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I believe College Inn broth meets the requirements - but I actually make my own so there's no question about what's in it. I roast a whole chicken once every week or two. When we're done, I strip the meat off the bones and then toss the carcass in my big crockpot, cover it with water, thrown in an onion cut into wedges, two celery stalks with the leaves, a turnip chopped into wedges, some bay leaves and a Tbsp of peppercorns. Cooks in the crockpot overnight on low, by morning I have about 10 cups or more of fresh homemade broth to put in the freezer!
I've actually started saving veggie "scraps" to use to make my broth. All the celery leaves/ends, all the stuff that would have made it in the trash before goes in my bag in the freezer. It all goes in with my chicken carcass.
The more I read about the health benefits of bone broth, the more I know I'm doing the right thing making my own!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #27  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've actually started saving veggie "scraps" to use to make my broth. All the celery leaves/ends, all the stuff that would have made it in the trash before goes in my bag in the freezer. It all goes in with my chicken carcass.
The more I read about the health benefits of bone broth, the more I know I'm doing the right thing making my own!
So true!!! Oh and I forgot to mention that I also usually add some Apple Cider Vinegar to my crockpot - vinegar helps some of the great nutrients leach out of the bones!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 169.2/159.8/145

All great advise. Thanks for all the great information.
Betterthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Starting week 3 of reboot. What seems to help me this time is that I have 3 ounces of protein with my veggies and salad for lunch and the remaining 5 ounces at dinner. I don't seem to feel like I am dieting and it helps me stay on track
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #30  
Alex Michelle

S/C/G: 234/151.8/145

Height: 5'9

Are there any tips or advice (other than no cheating and get all your veggies in) that are a must to a newbie?

I get the broccoli cheese soup, and steam broccoli and cauliflower and chuck it in with the soup. It makes it much thicker, very filling, tasty and gets you your veggies in without having to always have a salad.

Any IP packets that are a must have or any I should really avoid?

Premade drinks are amazing for in the morning, you got the right idea with adding them to your coffee. I also enjoyed the cappacino drink too its pretty tasty but dont add extra water, only put the amount advised on it or else it wont taste good at all.. In that case for the capiccino less is more

I really wanted the tomato basil soup but I have heard/read that the soup is terrible. Bummer because that is my favorite soup ever.

Never had the soup, not into tomatoe soups lol
alexmichelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote