Old 11-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/06/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 11-06-2012 at 06:17 AM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/202/150

Height: 5'6"

I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself every day but I've been stuck at 207 for 4 days and this is the longest stretch since going on the diet that I've stayed the same weight. I was hoping for SOMETHING. Any pointers? I'm still testing positive for ketosis. I have a cheat dy scheduled for nov 17 and I really wanted to get under 200 before that date.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Don't worry I will keep sticking to it. The scale is just such a huge motivating factor for me.
greenlillybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #3  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlillybeth View Post
I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself every day but I've been stuck at 207 for 4 days and this is the longest stretch since going on the diet that I've stayed the same weight. I was hoping for SOMETHING. Any pointers? I'm still testing positive for ketosis. I have a cheat dy scheduled for nov 17 and I really wanted to get under 200 before that date.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Don't worry I will keep sticking to it. The scale is just such a huge motivating factor for me.
Some people found eating a steak can get the losses started again.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #4  

Drink a TON of water and don't stress!! You're doing awesome, it will move! I find I stress more when I weigh daily so staying OFF the scale helps a lot!!! And stress helps us retain, so we don't want that! You are doing so great, have faith and just keep swimming!!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #5  

Quote:

Stay off the scale!
Just as it has motivated you, it can also drive you crazy. That is why IP recommends weekly weigh-ins.
As long as you are on the protocol, you'll be in Ketosis. Those strips will drive you crazy, as well.
Remember, stress increases Cortisol, which does a terrible job on our weight loss. Cortisol is another hormone that needs to be well regulated for fat loss.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Stay off the scale!
Just as it has motivated you, it can also drive you crazy. That is why IP recommends weekly weigh-ins.
As long as you are on the protocol, you'll be in Ketosis. Those strips will drive you crazy, as well.
Remember, stress increases Cortisol, which does a terrible job on our weight loss. Cortisol is another hormone that needs to be well regulated for fat loss.
I second that, last week I gained, my coach asked me to get off the scale. I am sure I will have a great weigh in tomorrow.

I wanted to get below a number I had not been in atleast 10 years, I was mentally stressed out.

I use to weigh daily, I have not since last wednesday. cold turkey

you can do it!!

Thanks to Rainbow I have already had my veggies for the day, zucchini chips and cauliflower pancakes.
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Some people found eating a steak can get the losses started again.
REALLY???!!!
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #8  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Cheat Day? I don't see anything about a cheat day on the sheet. Can someone explain this.
alittlelessme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #9  

Quote:

Hey Greenlilybeth

I weigh often as well. I like to see my fluctuations. I was stalled last week but I am figuring the inches off are catching up with the weight loss. After 5 days of staying the same weight it all of the sudden dropped 5 lbs! Hang in there and it will move. Don't stress out over meeting your deadline. If you meet it great, if you don't meet it, you will very soon! I found out that I am always heavier on Wednesdays! isn't that weird???? Scheduled all my WI's for Tuesday!!! hahaha

Last edited by maezy1; 11-06-2012 at 09:09 AM.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
Cheat Day? I don't see anything about a cheat day on the sheet. Can someone explain this.
There is no cheat day allowed on IP, unless you are in phase 4.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Cheat days are not part of the Phase 1 protocol. However some people make the choice to go off plan for a day/vacation. It is not recommended as it can take a while to get back on track afterward, but for some it is better than trying to work phase 1 into an event.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #12  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

My coach told me about a cool trick for the omlettes- put it in a coffee cup instead of on the stove top, and microwave it. It's like having a souffle. I put mine in the microwave for about a min and a half. Make sure you watch it though, because sometimes it can run over the sides!
breezie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #13  

Quote:
You don't see it because it isn't on the there!
Not on P1

This is a no cheat diet.
Any cheating will set you back.
What I keep telling myself is that it is easy to come up with excuses to cheat.

I could find one monthly, weekly, daily (hourly!), but that is how I got fat. To learn something different, I have to do something differently. It is much, much harder to stay 100% OP to goal. This takes persistence, tenacity, fortitude, planning, and all the perseverance you can muster.
There will always be a special day: Halloween, US Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, Birthdays (my 50th is in March), football tailgates, BBQs, weddings, funerals, parties, WHATEVER.

Remember, losing the weight is only the BEGINNING of the battle. Maintenance is actually harder! Look at all the re-starters. How many of us have lost and re-gained? We need to look at food differently so we don't keep making the same fattening mistakes!

If I can't stay 100% OP, how do I ever think I'll keep the weight off once I get to goal?

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-06-2012 at 09:36 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #14  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

i voted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12 mile bike ride IN THE RAIN.....and a vote all before 9 am!!

woohooooo its a GREAT DAY!!
i rode my bike to the polling precinct yeah me!!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!!!

rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Hey Greenlilybeth

I weigh often as well. I like to see my fluctuations. I was stalled last week but I am figuring the inches off are catching up with the weight loss. After 5 days of staying the same weight it all of the sudden dropped 5 lbs! Hang in there and it will move. Don't stress out over meeting your deadline. If you meet it great, if you don't meet it, you will very soon! I found out that I am always heavier on Wednesdays! isn't that weird???? Scheduled all my WI's for Tuesday!!! hahaha
This is what happens to me too! I am usually up a little on Wednesdays and then drop on Thursday or Friday. Friday is my weigh in day. I weigh every day because that is the habit I want to have the rest of my life. It doesn't bother me to see the fluctuations throughout the week. I am usually up at least one of the days. But, so far, I have a loss by Friday. (One week I did have a gain, but I didn't sweat that either and I dropped 5 the next week). If you are doing everything right, the weight will come off. Also, I have noticed my week with smallest losses have been the weeks with the most inches off.

Don't sweat the scale, it WILL move down.

Good luck!
Alma4343 is offline   Reply With Quote