3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272713-home-100%25-vol-19-a.html)

mompattie 01-11-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl66 (Post 4585875)
Hey all! I've been super busy, so have been lurking more than posting lately. Glad to see everyone is doing so well. My Bday is tomorrow, and the plan is to go out to lunch with the boyfriend, then to see Lincoln at the theater. For the evening, I'm meeting friends to watch the Green Bay Packers beat the 49ers - :D a fun day no matter what the outcome!!

Glad to see you pop in!!! Have an awesome birthday tomorrow!! :bday2you::celebrate::balloons::gift::woo:

IP43 01-11-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4586329)
My thoughts on the subject: I was morbidly obese. After I'd lost a bunch of weight, I was STILL extremely obese. That is what people saw. Altho I felt smaller, people still saw a very obese person. Now, I'm "just" obese and getting closer every day to just plain overweight! Never thought I'd celebrate that but when you are WAYYYY too big, it just takes time...

Hi Lisa -- I hit this milestone in the summer and remember being excited to be ONLY JUST OBESE... It's an odd thing for sure, but it's a really important thing to get to those healthier levels. My coach measured me with her special measuring tape that shows where my waistline should be at to be in the healthy range. Anything above that line on the tape measure is at risk for future health issues for diabetes/heart attacks etc. So that's one of my "mini-goals" now. I'm sure it's an IP tape measure, so ask your coach if anyone wants to see it.

IP43 01-11-2013 06:18 PM

I posted a new thread on some snacks I found that were gluten free/soy free/ dairy free/ vegan/kosher/celiac free.... makes you wonder what's in 'em! They're Pea protein chips called Simply Protein Chips from the same makers of the Simply Bar. Check out the thread for details for those that were having the discussion about reducing soy from their diets.

LosingLawyer 01-11-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat169 (Post 4583524)
I DID IT!!! I hit the century club, 105lbs total, 7.5 since my last WI which is 2.5 per week average over Christmas holidays. I'm excited, I could cry, I could sing, I could dance. Or everything at once.

I'm a little late, but congrats! Your pictures tell the whole story, and I love your hair color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4584949)
Congrats to all the losers!!!! WTG KITKAT!!! Exactor you look great!

I have been having a very rough week. I am having some health issues and seeing a doctor. He wants me off of phase 1 and is wanting me on phase 3 so that I can be eating fruits and dairy. I am exercising like a crazy girl right now and haven't gained so I am thankful for that. I am so ready for the weekend!!!

Hope everything works out for you. Even if you have to switch to phase 3, think of how healthy you will be eating compared to old eating habits. Also, with the exercise I wouldn't be surprised it you still lost a little on phase 3.

IP43 01-11-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosingLawyer (Post 4586428)
I'm a little late, but congrats! Your pictures tell the whole story, and I love your hair color.
Hope everything works out for you. Even if you have to switch to phase 3, think of how healthy you will be eating compared to old eating habits. Also, with the exercise I wouldn't be surprised it you still lost a little on phase 3.

I agree with all these thoughts. I would LOVE to try that hair colour. I never had a rebellious teen age year of dying my hair or anything, so I think I'm "due" a nice change! The only thing is I think I'd need a new funky wardrobe to go with my new funky "do" so I'll need to wait till I reach goal. Maybe that will be my "makeover" transformation -- new clothes and new hair when I reach goal! woooot wooot.
For now, schlumpy clothes with grey highlights will have to do

LosingLawyer 01-11-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4586432)
I agree with all these thoughts. I would LOVE to try that hair colour. I never had a rebellious teen age year of dying my hair or anything, so I think I'm "due" a nice change! The only thing is I think I'd need a new funky wardrobe to go with my new funky "do" so I'll need to wait till I reach goal. Maybe that will be my "makeover" transformation -- new clothes and new hair when I reach goal! woooot wooot.
For now, schlumpy clothes with grey highlights will have to do

Are you sure you're not a comedian? Or I should say, comedienne? I love how you always lighten things up. :D You could really take your act on the road.

IP43 01-11-2013 07:24 PM

totally irrelevant but I went to States and bought EAS AdvantEDGE shake as my "souvenir". It has half the protein as the Premier Protein shake I usually use so is closer to IP, but I love my Premier Proteins from Costco better. Does anyone think having drinks with 30 g protein is a problem? Can we have TOO much protein?

IP43 01-11-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosingLawyer (Post 4586440)
Are you sure you're not a comedian? Or I should say, comedienne? I love how you always lighten things up. :D You could really take your act on the road.

Hey my "natural highlights" and the state of my closet is not a laughing matter! ... well maybe it actually is! LOL...:p

I'm not sure where'd I'd be if the "scrunchie" and stretch denim were never invented

mompattie 01-11-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosingLawyer (Post 4586440)

Agreed!!!! I love it when she's here!!! :D:D

Hgamroth 01-11-2013 07:45 PM

Oh boy! I am trying to survive a slumber party with 3rd grade girls. HELP!!! survived the pizza party by eating my protidiet pizza and BIG A$$ salad. Found a picture of me 2 weeks before I began IP. My 3 year old took the very unflattering pic of me before I went to see Wicked. I cringe when I see it but I NEED to keep looking at it. I need to feel proud of myself but I also need to be aware of my choices because I NEVER want to go back there. NEVER. So I am putting the pic in my signature so I will see it often. It is also going to be on my fridge as well as in my bathroom. Happy weekend everyone!

mompattie 01-11-2013 07:52 PM

HOLLY!!!

HOLD STRONG AND WEATHER YOUR STORM!!!!

Those pictures of you are amazing!!!!!!! YOU are amazing!!!!!

scorbett1103 01-11-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4586474)
Oh boy! I am trying to survive a slumber party with 3rd grade girls. HELP!!! survived the pizza party by eating my protidiet pizza and BIG A$$ salad. Found a picture of me 2 weeks before I began IP. My 3 year old took the very unflattering pic of me before I went to see Wicked. I cringe when I see it but I NEED to keep looking at it. I need to feel proud of myself but I also need to be aware of my choices because I NEVER want to go back there. NEVER. So I am putting the pic in my signature so I will see it often. It is also going to be on my fridge as well as in my bathroom. Happy weekend everyone!

holly you look AMAZING!!!!

joysh 01-11-2013 08:38 PM

HI Everyone! Just popping in to say hi. It's great to sit and read through the posts of the past few days and see what everyone's up to.

I went back to work this week. The students and classes start next week, so it's going to get even more busy very soon. But right now it's Friday!

Last night my clinic had another "IP Open House." I've been going to those when I can so I can say a few words to the people who are considering starting IP.

This week I had a gain of one pound!! Discouraging, as I've been 100% since day one. My coach said that weight fluctuates, especially when you get nearer to the goal. I'm assuming it had to do with time of day, the big C, the weather. I don't know. Hoping for a big loss next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by learn2012 (Post 4584079)
2.8 pounds gone this week for a total of 60.2!!! In 21 weeks! I am almost, so close, to my halfway mark!
This diet is amazing, I have never had success like this before. I feel so much better. Thank you all for sharing your stories, your support is invaluable! Erin

How fabulous, Erin!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 (Post 4584839)
Okay, here's my first attempt at posting some before/after pics. The before's were taken in May at my starting weight. Ignore my "fancy" mom clothes and ponytail:D I need to figure out to be more stylish like some of you ladies!

Sahmmommy, these are great pics! Wow!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4584949)
I have been having a very rough week. I am having some health issues and seeing a doctor. He wants me off of phase 1 and is wanting me on phase 3 so that I can be eating fruits and dairy. I am exercising like a crazy girl right now and haven't gained so I am thankful for that. I am so ready for the weekend!!!

Hang in there, hgamroth! You look fantastic! Your doc will figure it all out and it will right itself soon. Do what needs to be done to keep yourself healthy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by exactor (Post 4584923)
I know exactly what you mean about trying to find a style! I used to just go to the women's plus size section of the store and buy clothes that fit and didn't make me look larger than (I thought) I actually was. Now that I'm in regular women's sizes, there's so many choices! I still find myself leaning towards that clothes that I think will flatter a larger body and I am overwhelmed when going shopping! I'm really trying to decide what looks I like on myself. It's been fun and a little scary!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 (Post 4585453)
Thanks for all the wonderful comments ladies! I've never been exactly stylish. I completely forgot what I even like to wear since I've been heavy. I've just been hiding in clothes. It's going to be a real process, but I am very excited about it. It's amazing how much better you feel about yourself and your appearance when the weight starts coming off!

Yup. I'm having a wonderful time with clothes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4585854)
So, last nite our Fla friends invited us to a Jimmy Buffet concert in Ft Lauderdale in February. This will be an EXPENSIVE concert with travel costs involved but we're gonna take a weekend getaway from the cold and go for it!This is gonna be so much fun. We've never done something this extravagant (travel 2400 miles RT in a weekend, just for a CONCERT!)
:dancer:

Oh, do it!!!! Have a wonderful time!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4586329)
I got LOTS of "you look great" compliments and Wow! are you losing weight?
Some people who knew what I'd been doing told me it is really noticeable now. (I did have on a shirt that has never fit me the whole time I've owned it [years] and the size 16 jeans that I'm finally comfortable enough in that I can SIT through a whole afternoon meeting - so I had on clothing that fit today and I was FEELING GREAT so I'm really glad people could see it). pics forthcoming

My thoughts on the subject: I was morbidly obese. After I'd lost a bunch of weight, I was STILL extremely obese. That is what people saw. Altho I felt smaller, people still saw a very obese person. Now, I'm "just" obese and getting closer every day to just plain overweight! Never thought I'd celebrate that but when you are WAYYYY too big, it just takes time.

Lisa, you're doing great. And no, it won't be us with the walkers. Not for weight, anyway.

Quote:

Every time I look at my signature I want to take away the before picture. But I leave it in, just for that reason.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!:):)

IP43 01-11-2013 08:53 PM

Ok Holly, now I am totally STOKED again! You just leave those pics in there because that is ME. I started at 223lbs and I think I have those same clothes-- cardigans over shirts to make a lovely "tent" of comfort. I think I even have similar hair -- but mine is longer (thus the need for scrunchie)

If YOU started at my "now" body, that means I'll end up in your NOW body later! I can't wait!! I see now my 160lb goal is not only do-able but maybe more. Let me get THERE first. But ty ty ty for the inspiration!

exactor 01-11-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

You look great! You don't even look like the same person in your before picture.