3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272713-home-100%25-vol-19-a.html)

lisa32989 01-11-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 (Post 4585453)
Thanks for all the wonderful comments ladies! I've never been exactly stylish. I completely forgot what I even like to wear since I've been heavy. I've just been hiding in clothes. It's going to be a real process, but I am very excited about it. It's amazing how much better you feel about yourself and your appearance when the weight starts coming off!

:high:
I was looking a thumbs-up emoticon but high five will work!
It's hard to have "style" when there aren't many clothes to choose from!

ragdoll74 01-11-2013 08:42 AM

sahmmommy2- you look awesome!

kitkat- hope you feel better & good luck on your final.

exactor- I hated shopping in the plus sizes. There was always a tiny selection so forget about finding something I actually liked. It was always find something that fits and isn't horribly ugly. For me that meant stick with solids, because most of the prints in the plus sizes seemed like old lady patterns. I remember wearing a shirt once and realizing my mom had a shirt in the same print.

Holly- Sorry to hear you are going through that. I hope everything works out ok.

All this talk of figuring out what your style is reminds me that I need to do some shopping this weekend. I tend to go with more of comfort when picking out clothes (jeans, long sleave t's, sweaters, button up shirts, curvy fit dress pants for work.)

I was thinking I might actually buy a skirt this weekend. I haven't worn a skirt to work in 7 years, so that would be really outside of the norm for me. We'll see if I can find anything that I think looks good on me. Then it might take me some time to get the courage to actually wear it to work. My body image is still trying to catchup on what I really look like.

Starshine 01-11-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4585073)
Thank you everyone. My doc just thinks there are problems with the tubal I had with my son. I will know more when I see another doc. Phase 1 caused my TOM to be crazy but when I went back on after the holidays I started TOM again and was in incredible pain all weekend (not just crampy pain, way more severe) and I am now very anemic. I have faith we will get it figured out. I am running again and it is helping. I really think exercise is the best medicine.

Oh, Holly, I really hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 (Post 4585453)
IdealProteinNewbie - Good Luck on the WI today!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments ladies! I've never been exactly stylish. I completely forgot what I even like to wear since I've been heavy. I've just been hiding in clothes. It's going to be a real process, but I am very excited about it. It's amazing how much better you feel about yourself and your appearance when the weight starts coming off!

I love your comment about forgetting what you liked to wear when you were heavy. That was me too. I still wore jeans, but not stylish ones and just big shirts and sweater that would fit. Hiding in clothes is what I did too. Trying not to be noticed at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4585528)

All this talk of figuring out what your style is reminds me that I need to do some shopping this weekend. I tend to go with more of comfort when picking out clothes (jeans, long sleave t's, sweaters, button up shirts, curvy fit dress pants for work.)

I was thinking I might actually buy a skirt this weekend. I haven't worn a skirt to work in 7 years, so that would be really outside of the norm for me. We'll see if I can find anything that I think looks good on me. Then it might take me some time to get the courage to actually wear it to work. My body image is still trying to catchup on what I really look like.

Have fun, Ragdoll. I'm sure you'll find many skirts that you look great in! :)

Hgamroth 01-11-2013 11:46 AM

I don't know if it is the weather (storm coming,) crazy hair day at school or if it is just a Friday but, ALL of our kids are NUTS!!! All of the teachers are definitely on thier toes and there is a now plan for teacher "choir practice" today at 3:30 .Even though our kiddos are crazy, I am having a great day. I ran 2 miles this morning and am feeling great. Happy Friday everyone!

lisa32989 01-11-2013 12:08 PM

So, last nite our Fla friends invited us to a Jimmy Buffet concert in Ft Lauderdale in February. This will be an EXPENSIVE concert with travel costs involved but we're gonna take a weekend getaway from the cold and go for it!
:dancer:

My friend sent me an email that re-worded Cheeseburger in Paradise for me:..."while we are tailgating and having 'Cheeseburgers in Paradise'! (well, in your case, '6 oz of hamburger without the cheese, or bread in Paradise'.) :-) "

Here was my response:
"I'm takin' mine with lotsa lettuce, no tomato,
no Heinz 57 or french-fried potatoes.
Extra kosher pickles and no draft beer
but add lotsa onion and "special sauce", oh dear!

This is gonna be so much fun. We've never done something this extravagant (travel 2400 miles RT in a weekend, just for a CONCERT!)

stargirl66 01-11-2013 12:23 PM

Hey all! I've been super busy, so have been lurking more than posting lately. Glad to see everyone is doing so well. My Bday is tomorrow, and the plan is to go out to lunch with the boyfriend, then to see Lincoln at the theater. For the evening, I'm meeting friends to watch the Green Bay Packers beat the 49ers - :D a fun day no matter what the outcome.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat169 (Post 4583524)
I DID IT!!! I hit the century club, 105lbs total, 7.5 since my last WI which is 2.5 per week average over Christmas holidays. I'm excited, I could cry, I could sing, I could dance. Or everything at once.

Yeah Kitkat!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by learn2012 (Post 4584079)
2.8 pounds gone this week for a total of 60.2!!! In 21 weeks!

I am almost, so close, to my halfway mark!

This diet is amazing, I have never had success like this before. I feel so much better. Thank you all for sharing your stories, your support is invaluable!

Erin

Great loss. This diet is a crazy good one alright :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4584362)
Cross-post from daily for all my 100%ers who don't go to the daily:

LOL
My crazy wii fit told me last nite I weighed 185.2 and this morning it said 178.4. I was pretty sure I hadn't entered onderland and COMPLETELY SKIPPED the 190s! (and then lost 6.8 lbs overnite!). Tonite I'm moving it to another room with a hard floor, instead of carpet.

So, my (MUCH MORE REALISTIC) WI today: - 4.2, which is pretty in-line with my typical weight losses over a 2+week period (this was 17 days). Best yet...a whopping 5". Inches have been slower to come off from measured areas for me so this feels like a whoosh! :dancer:

NSV: I have NEVER EVER in my life returned from vacation SMALLER than I left! Vacation was always a sure weight GAIN!

That's a great success story!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 (Post 4584839)
Okay, here's my first attempt at posting some before/after pics. The before's were taken in May at my starting weight. Ignore my "fancy" mom clothes and ponytail:D I need to figure out to be more stylish like some of you ladies!

You look amazing, way to go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4585073)
Thank you everyone. My doc just thinks there are problems with the tubal I had with my son. I will know more when I see another doc. Phase 1 caused my TOM to be crazy but when I went back on after the holidays I started TOM again and was in incredible pain all weekend (not just crampy pain, way more severe) and I am now very anemic. I have faith we will get it figured out. I am running again and it is helping. I really think exercise is the best medicine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4585817)
I don't know if it is the weather (storm coming,) crazy hair day at school or if it is just a Friday but, ALL of our kids are NUTS!!! All of the teachers are definitely on thier toes and there is a now plan for teacher "choir practice" today at 3:30 .Even though our kiddos are crazy, I am having a great day. I ran 2 miles this morning and am feeling great. Happy Friday everyone!

Glad you're having a better day today, and hope you get the issues figured out with your doctor so you feel good everyday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4585854)
So, last nite our Fla friends invited us to a Jimmy Buffet concert in Ft Lauderdale in February. This will be an EXPENSIVE concert with travel costs involved but we're gonna take a weekend getaway from the cold and go for it!

My friend sent me an email that re-worded Cheeseburger in Paradise for me:..."while we are tailgating and having 'Cheeseburgers in Paradise'! (well, in your case, '6 oz of hamburger without the cheese, or bread in Paradise'.) :-) "

Here was my response:
"I'm takin' mine with lotsa lettuce, no tomato, no Heinz 57 or french-fried potatoes. Extra kosher pickles and no draft beer but add lotsa onion and "special sauce", oh dear!

This is gonna be so much fun. We've never done something this extravagant (travel 2400 miles RT in a weekend, just for a CONCERT!)

The trip sounds great, and the new lyrics are hilarious!!!

exactor 01-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4584949)
Exactor you look great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine (Post 4585050)
I know, SOOOO many choices, and I find the clothes I can afford, I really don't like much. :) You look great! And you're so tall, I bet clothes just look wonderful on you. :) Congrats on your great success!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat169 (Post 4585114)
Your pictures look great.
I know what you mean by all the choices. I get overwhelmed trying to figure out what new stores I should be going into and realize it is all but a select few now instead of only a select few. I'm going to try to brave the mall on the weekend.

Thank you all for your kind words. Sometimes its really hard for me to actually see differences in myself even in pictures. You always notice big changes in other people but when it comes to yourself, I don't know why its so hard to see the progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4585528)
exactor- I hated shopping in the plus sizes. There was always a tiny selection so forget about finding something I actually liked. It was always find something that fits and isn't horribly ugly. For me that meant stick with solids, because most of the prints in the plus sizes seemed like old lady patterns. I remember wearing a shirt once and realizing my mom had a shirt in the same print.

That's funny about your mom having a shirt in the same print as you. I can relate, as I once wore the same shirt as my mother-in-law. I never wore that shirt again!

IdealProteinNewbie 01-11-2013 03:22 PM

Down 2.5 today, ticker rounds up so total is 85.5!

Just about 2/3's of the way there!

Starshine 01-11-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4586191)
Down 2.5 today, ticker rounds up so total is 85.5!

Just about 2/3's of the way there!

Congrats, IdealProteinNewbie, on that great loss this past week and the total loss. You are doing fabulously!!

IdealProteinNewbie 01-11-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine (Post 4586203)
Congrats, IdealProteinNewbie, on that great loss this past week and the total loss. You are doing fabulously!!

Thank you!!!

IdealProteinNewbie 01-11-2013 04:29 PM

Just a little vent because I know you all understand...

Today at work I saw a patient I haven't seen in about a month. She said "you're losing weight" to which I replied "yes, I am." She then proceeded to say "that's what I thought because the last time I saw you, you didn't look good, but you look better now." WHAT?

On the other hand, another patient I also haven't seen for a month came in, looked right at me, my boss and another co-worker and said I was disappearing. Clearly not true because I still have 45+ pounds to go, but it sure felt nice!!!

Willi 01-11-2013 05:18 PM

Happy birthday (tomorrow) Stargirl!

IP43 01-11-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4586258)
Just a little vent because I know you all understand...

Today at work I saw a patient I haven't seen in about a month. She said "you're losing weight" to which I replied "yes, I am." She then proceeded to say "that's what I thought because the last time I saw you, you didn't look good, but you look better now." WHAT?

On the other hand, another patient I also haven't seen for a month came in, looked right at me, my boss and another co-worker and said I was disappearing. Clearly not true because I still have 45+ pounds to go, but it sure felt nice!!!

A backhanded compliment, but a compliment non-the-less so take it and run! You might not even have realized how you used to look, but it goes to show your hard work is definitely making you healthier if people are noticing such a difference. I think we can't win -- we're mad when people DON'T seem to notice our efforts, we're offended when people DO notice and comment.... we're a hard bunch to please! LOL

lisa32989 01-11-2013 05:50 PM

Finally!

Some of my co-workers at a meeting today FINALLY noticed my weight loss. It took 56 lbs, but they noticed and they knew it wasn't a different hairstyle!

I got LOTS of "you look great" compliments and Wow! are you losing weight?
Some people who knew what I'd been doing told me it is really noticeable now. (I did have on a shirt that has never fit me the whole time I've owned it [years] and the size 16 jeans that I'm finally comfortable enough in that I can SIT through a whole afternoon meeting - so I had on clothing that fit today and I was FEELING GREAT so I'm really glad people could see it). pics forthcoming

My thoughts on the subject: I was morbidly obese. After I'd lost a bunch of weight, I was STILL extremely obese. That is what people saw. Altho I felt smaller, people still saw a very obese person. Now, I'm "just" obese and getting closer every day to just plain overweight! Never thought I'd celebrate that but when you are WAYYYY too big, it just takes time.

I was leaving my clinic yesterday and 2 women with walkers came into the office building. It was evident they needed the walkers due to their extreme obesity. May none of us EVER be those women.

IdealProteinNewbie 01-11-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4586329)
My thoughts on the subject: I was morbidly obese. After I'd lost a bunch of weight, I was STILL morbidly obese. That is what people saw. Altho I felt smaller, people still saw a morbidly obese person. Now, I'm obese and getting closer every day to just plain overweight! Never thought I'd celebrate that but when you are WAYYYY too big, it just takes time.

Great job! I, too, need to buy/wear clothes that fit properly. My pants are sooo baggy right now that they look ridiculous.

That makes a lot of sense, just clicked with me!