Old 12-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #16  

Welcome Back!!! SO happy that you are back to celebrate life with all of us!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #17  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

I'm sure everyone on here has regained lost weight. Welcome back and good luck!
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Wow! Thank you so much everyone, I met with my new coach and she is great! So excited to get back to health once and for all! Looking forward to my daily board visits
ShanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 265/233.7/220

Height: 5"11

How long did it take to gain 40 lbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Doing the walk of shame back to my office this afternoon...40 lbs heavier then when I left and thought I could do it on my own...I'm telling myself it will be different this time (not the first time I have said that) but I really KNOW this is it. I have had so many blessings in my life, my baby boy and surviving a brain tumor 2 weeks after having him, that I just have to do this. There is a reason I am here and I want to be the best me I can be for me, my son, my husband and God. Walk with me on this journey. So glad to be back online with you guys, you are all so inspiring and motivating!
az365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by az365 View Post
How long did it take to gain 40 lbs?
6 months But...it is nothing against IP, I quit cold turkey without phasing off and went back to eating junk...dumb! dumb! dumb!
ShanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #21  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

I know exactly how you feel. You started back and that is the hardest part. Last year I lost 55lbs then I was diagnosed with cancer. I ate and ate thinking I was going to die anyway. I had surgery. They got all the cancer, but I was 48lbs heavier. I started back on IP July 25th and am down 46lbs. You can do it!
mommyof3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

I posted a big, long message yesterday, but it's disappeared!

I wanted to come on re-post what I had sent yesterday, so I will do my best to put all the points in I wanted.

First off, congratulations on coming back and thank god your health scare/issues are somewhat resolved and that you survived.

Your story really struck a chord with me, as we have very similar stories. I had a major car accident a year ago that really shook me up, made me realize that my life is so precious and that I need to ensure I am doing everything possible to be around for myself, my husband and most importantly my two beautiful children. I also have a very beautiful 4 year old daughter who I fear is following in my footsteps, weight wise and I want to be a good example to her, to do my very best to ensure she does not have the same problems that plagued me as a child.

I started taking a hard look at myself in March 2012, I was a very similar weight to you and was just overwhelmed by what I had to do, it was difficult to be so discouraged and I had spent years being discouraged. My weight is the one area where I have NEVER been successful, but closing in on my 35th birthday, I knew I had to do it now. Between March and August, I was able to lose about 40 lbs through various methods, but it wasn't until I found IP in August and decided to finally take control of myself and my life that I really noticed changes.

I've lost almost 100lbs over the last 9 months and feel great. I'm smaller than I've ever been and I'm healthy. I'm 20 lbs from my goal weight and I NEVER, EVER expected to be successful at weight loss, yet here I am.

You can do this! And to be honest, the title of your post really hurt my heart. There should NEVER be a walk of shame and one of the things I'm trying so very hard to overcome is the negative self talk. I've always said that as long as I keep trying and never give up, that there is hope. And eventually something will click and you will do and achieve what you want.

So please, don't ever be ashamed. You've made the biggest step and for that, you should be proud.

Let me know, as someone who has been in a very similar situation, if you want to chat further. I'm only a PM away and good luck.
Humber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #23  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Sometimes it takes something drastic to happen to us for it to "click" and stick to it. I know that is how it was for me. When I was told if I didn't do something about my weight I would be in a wheel chair in 2 months if I didn't change. I changed the very next day and 19 months later here I am 205lbs lighter than I was and 4 lbs away from my goal. There is never shame just as the rest have said. LOVE YOURSELF....take pride in YOURSELF....YOU can do this for YOU....ONLY YOU can do it....no one else can do it for you. There is enough support here to help anyone stay on program, IF you want it. You have come here for that support and you will get it. Make us an accountability factor, check in daily, just say hi if that is all you wanna say, but make it and every day thing. It makes a difference, you will build bonds here with people you have never met because we are all on the same path....Losing weight and getting healthy!...Good luck to you!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote