Old 12-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #1  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Switching to alternatives & gaining weight?

So I recently added some Proti-Diet products into my routine to save a bit of cash. However I've noticed since I did this, my weightloss has slowed down and I've even gained a bit. Is this normal? I haven't changed anything else I've been doing, so the alternatives is the only thing I could think of that could be contributing to it. I even checked several of the alternative threads in this forum for the comparison charts to make sure I wasn't consuming 2 restricted products in the same day. I'm scared if I keep using them that I wont lose weight as quickly or I will gain more. Should I be worried or should I just give it more time for my body to adjust?
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/233.7/220

Height: 5"11

Post your weekly weight loss stats prior to and after the switch.
az365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/163/140

Height: 5'5

That happened to me about a week into alternatives so I reviewed the nutritional information very closely, I stick with power crunch bars and drink EAS low carb shakes and am down almost 30 pounds in a little over 2 months. I also use proti diet oatmeal and grape drink.
time4changenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I had no difference between IP and alternatives. Make sure you are matching nutritional info very carefully between the two.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #5  

I spent about 3 hours last night comparing product labels because I am switching this week. I haven't heard of a lot of people gaining by switching inf act I've heard that they have had the same results with loss. Compare labels with the IP labels and you can find out if they are the same. The IP site is www.plainprotein.com when you click on the product a tiny nutritional label is listed on the bottom. Left click on it and it opens into a separate window
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Some things that may help us narrow it down:

-How long have you been in a stall/gain?

-What products are you using specifically?

-Are you comparing weekly numbers or weighing daily?

-Where are you in terms of your TOM schedule?
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Also, list which products you used before and after the switch.

I am very much interested in this, although I am now in maintenance.
My clinic just switched from IP to Proti and Healthwise foods, maybe two weeks ago. I'll ask my coach (I'll be calling tomorrow) if she has seen anything with her dieters as well.

Your experience in no way suggests that people aren't losing weight on alternatives and some proti products are truly exactly IP-like (the wafers and the pasta, for example), as in, proti must be making them for IP.

It just might have been "your time" to see a slow down regardless, and even some of the 100% people have posted about quirky gains and slow downs.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

With alternatives you either have to make sure that each one is very close in nutrition or you have to be very careful that your choices in a day even out to the averages on IP. It is hard to know what is going on without knowing what you are eating and your actual logs. I have been a slow loser from week 3 on and switched to alternatives around week 10. There has been no difference in my long time averages but I do gain close to my period and then have a big loss the next week.

Post your foods in the alternative thread and I am sure those ladies can give you tips.
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
Also, list which products you used before and after the switch.

I am very much interested in this, although I am now in maintenance.
My clinic just switched from IP to Proti and Healthwise foods, maybe two weeks ago. I'll ask my coach (I'll be calling tomorrow) if she has seen anything with her dieters as well.

Your experience in no way suggests that people aren't losing weight on alternatives and some proti products are truly exactly IP-like (the wafers and the pasta, for example), as in, proti must be making them for IP.

It just might have been "your time" to see a slow down regardless, and even some of the 100% people have posted about quirky gains and slow downs.
Just curious if your clinic lowered prices when they switched products.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Here in Quebec I paid 21$ for a box of Proi products, instead of 27 for IP. Online its 13-14 at the canadian sites, so your better off buying online. I bought from her at first to try different items. It is a lot cheaper, that is for sure.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Just curious if your clinic lowered prices when they switched products.
Absolutely. This was one of the selling points "to make it more affordable".

IP products were $4/packet with strawberry wafers $4.20

The "new" products -- proti and Healthwise line -- vary, with many at $2, some at $2.50 and $2.75.

I compared it to online and it is nearly the same pricing (sometimes less, sometimes more), except some of the items are taxed (the snack type packets) while the others (pasta, soups, shake powders) are not, due to local law.

The irony is, last year at this time, my original clinic made this switch. Then, the clinic I switched to closed in August but my coach continued at an IP clinic. Now, that clinic bought my original clinic and will no longer carry IP.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #12  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the input everyone and the suggestions. I think I just jumped the gun because I weighed in today and the scale is considerably lower. I think I just panicked because I haven't seen the scale go up since I've been on IP and right away my thought was the alternatives had something to do with it.
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #13  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

As long as you're following protocol, try not to worry too much about random gains. I've had three separate weeks of unexplained gains (and I've only been doing IP/Alts for 13 weeks.). I know it's frustrating and scary though! It'll come off eventually, as you saw!
Doctorblue is offline   Reply With Quote