Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #16  

Im back as well!! I had a great first experience with this and have since fallen off the wagon. I have decided to start again and am really excited!

LynnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 199/179/140

Height: 5"8

Jen! You truly are an inspiration! Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and sincere post. I know I will return to it often and reread it for guidance. So well articulated. Thank you. It's funny how going from a passive reader, to a contributor on this site has already changed my accountability. In the matter of a day. Thanks to you and everyone who has posted today. Sending you all as much support and cheering from afar. xo
SurferGirl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #18  

Lynn! Welcome back!!!!!! I see a great future approaching.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #19  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnK View Post
Im back as well!! I had a great first experience with this and have since fallen off the wagon. I have decided to start again and am really excited!

LynnK - Welcome Home to IP! I am always truly impressed by people who come back to IP in the midst of the holidays. I believe it shows so much character. I honestly don't know if I would do it; it would be so easy for excuses and tell myself that I might as well wait until Jan 1. This proves how much determination and courage you really have! Way to go! Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
You always have such nice things to say and you say them beautifully. I enjoy reading your posts.
I totally agree with what Holly said about Jen.

Also, you do look great Holly (what a transformation).
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnK View Post

Welcome back! The wagon has room!!
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Surfergirl, My "secrets" or at least what working for me during this reboot is...

1. I make sure I put 4 - 5 hours b/n meals for optimal fat burning. (Something I actually believe and my P1 coach's advice)
2. During smaller weight loss periods (compared to my original 70) I don't do any restricted after I'm truly into ketosis.
3. I know that everybody's body is different and no comparisons can be made in terms of how quickly someone may be losing.
4. I stick to the plan.

You'll have stalls and you just have to wait them out. Seriously keep coming back here. Some days I'll just read threads...to see how folks are doing struggles and all (because we ALL have them).

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Come visit us on the rebooters thread too. All of us are using phase 1 again as a way to re lose some of those pounds that found their way back "home"!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #24  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi Surfergirl, My "secrets" or at least what working for me during this reboot is...

1. I make sure I put 4 - 5 hours b/n meals for optimal fat burning. (Something I actually believe and my P1 coach's advice)
2. During smaller weight loss periods (compared to my original 70) I don't do any restricted after I'm truly into ketosis.
3. I know that everybody's body is different and no comparisons can be made in terms of how quickly someone may be losing.
4. I stick to the plan.

You'll have stalls and you just have to wait them out. Seriously keep coming back here. Some days I'll just read threads...to see how folks are doing struggles and all (because we ALL have them).

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Will you please explain the putting 4-5 hours between meals? I have been trying to eat every 3-4 to prevent being hungry. Maybe I need to do 4-5 hour stretch...
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Will you please explain the putting 4-5 hours between meals? I have been trying to eat every 3-4 to prevent being hungry. Maybe I need to do 4-5 hour stretch...
There are two schools of thought here. I have had 2 coaches and one believed you should wait the 4-5 hours between for " optimal fat burning" the second coach who is an actual health care provider teaches, eat something every 3-4 hours to prevent hunger because when you are really hungry is when you are at greatest risk for going OFf plan- ie- eating a bag of chips or tearing into go diva chocolates! Everyone is different. Some days , I like the hunger feeling and it makes me. Feel like I M really burning fat other days, I know I am too vulnerable- like when aunt flo show Up (Tom) or if I am very tired- on those day I know that I need to eat protein when hungry or I could get myself into trouble! Rather slowly burn fat on those days than rapidly put it back on.

Last edited by Determinedat47; 12-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #26  

this is all so helpful! thanks everyone! slow start to the day as i was up very late last night, but kicking it off with spinach/coffee/chocolate IP drink in the vitamix. right now my go-to breakfast. keep the tips coming! wishing you ALL the best. Jen - great point about the holidays...thanks for that!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #27  
started IP oct. 09 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/163/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy to see everyone making the good choice of getting back on the wagon!!! I really admire every one's will power

I have been sick for over a week now and having a very hard time sticking to plan... I was not hungry at all last week and was not getting everything I needed in but now for the past few days I have been starving!!!!! I know TOM is just around the corner but I have found these past few days soo challenging!

Here is to all of us supporting each other one day at a time!
guil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #28  

Guil28 - Welcome. I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. Certainly another challenge to face, right? I've been finding since the weather has gotten cooler that the soups with some hearty vegetables have been helping me a lot. And sometimes I add carbonated water to the drinks to mix it up a bit. (it's actually good in all of them! even the ones you would think aren't)

I think when we're not feeling well, not only are you left with hunger from not eating for days, but also you start to crave things that are comforting to you...stay strong, figure out a way to mix it up a bit, take a hot bath...make some tea. keep the goal in mind!

you are over half way there it looks like!!!!!!!!!! so fantastic. be well xo