3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html)

SpittenImage 02-19-2013 10:03 AM

Has anyone tried the HealthSmart Protein Pastry - Lemon? I want to add to my next order but not sure...there's only 1 review from 2010.... :-/

(also just realized that Wonderslim products are the same as Weight Loss systems. Did a comparison on dietdirect.com - but Nashua is much cheaper, so I'm sticking to Nashua)

scorbett1103 02-19-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpittenImage (Post 4638251)
Has anyone tried the HealthSmart Protein Pastry - Lemon? I want to add to my next order but not sure...there's only 1 review from 2010.... :-/

(also just realized that Wonderslim products are the same as Weight Loss systems. Did a comparison on dietdirect.com - but Nashua is much cheaper, so I'm sticking to Nashua)

I haven't tried them, but I decided not to buy them because they are 17g net carbs - what would be considered "highly restricted" - items that can only be used once or twice a week.

mompattie 02-19-2013 12:28 PM

Re: health smart lemon pastries. Do not get these. They are gross. Hard thick chewy and tasteless. My box hit the trash.

SpittenImage 02-19-2013 03:49 PM

Highly restricted? And gross? Okay, I yanked it from my order. Hey Scorbett what about the Healthsmart cookies (I have the oatmeal raisin on my list) they look good. I'm looking for a replacement for the IP cookie...

scorbett1103 02-19-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpittenImage (Post 4638716)
Highly restricted? And gross? Okay, I yanked it from my order. Hey Scorbett what about the Healthsmart cookies (I have the oatmeal raisin on my list) they look good. I'm looking for a replacement for the IP cookie...

I actually use the Health Smart Chocolate Chip cookies with the chocolate drizzle pretty frequently as my restricted item. I like it!

LexiChanel1 02-19-2013 04:53 PM

Scorbett, Congrats on your loss! you look beautiful.

Whats a good replacement for the IP Southwest cheese curls?

scorbett1103 02-19-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 (Post 4638785)
Scorbett, Congrats on your loss! you look beautiful.

Whats a good replacement for the IP Southwest cheese curls?

Health Smart makes Taco cheese puffs are very close to the IP southwest cheese curls. I think Nashua has them on backorder right now but they can probably let you know when they will be available again.

And thank you! That picture was from November, haven't really had a chance to take a good one since starting my phase off - I'll get one before I officially cross into maintenance!

LexiChanel1 02-20-2013 01:03 PM

Thanks

Thanks Scorbett, I was talking about the picture you posted in a beautiful colorblock dress....You look beautiful and thin:)

scorbett1103 02-20-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 (Post 4639725)
Thanks Scorbett, I was talking about the picture you posted in a beautiful colorblock dress....You look beautiful and thin:)

Oh! Thank you! I had a little of the crazy hair going on but it was 11:30 at night after work so I have an excuse :)

LexiChanel1 02-20-2013 02:32 PM

Scorbett,
you have accomplished something incredible, something I dont think I could do. For that you deserve a big congrats and you should be proud of yourself.

Nalas 02-21-2013 02:55 PM

I hope this is the right place to post this... Today is my first day on Alternatuve IP... I had coffee, water, and an EAS shake for breakfast.... It's barely 11am and I'm really hungry :( is the shake supposed to curb my appetite? Will I eventually get less hungry? I'm so excited to eat my two cups of veggies at lunch :) my supplements won't be here until next week... Is it ok that I went ahead and started without them? Thanks in advance for any advice

patns 02-21-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4638470)
Re: health smart lemon pastries. Do not get these. They are gross. Hard thick chewy and tasteless. My box hit the trash.

Same here. Luckily mine wasn't a box full but a sample they had enclosed with my order.

mompattie 02-21-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4638719)
I actually use the Health Smart Chocolate Chip cookies with the chocolate drizzle pretty frequently as my restricted item. I like it!

I got these ones and the plain choc chip ones and they are most certainly NOT like the IP cookie. Where the IP cookie is light and somewhat dry, the Healthsmart ones are dense, chewy and thick and dry. I don't really like them. :(. And I ordered 2 boxes. Geez.

MyTime50 02-21-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalas (Post 4641365)
I hope this is the right place to post this... Today is my first day on Alternatuve IP... I had coffee, water, and an EAS shake for breakfast.... It's barely 11am and I'm really hungry :( is the shake supposed to curb my appetite? Will I eventually get less hungry? I'm so excited to eat my two cups of veggies at lunch :) my supplements won't be here until next week... Is it ok that I went ahead and started without them? Thanks in advance for any advice

Nalas,
Welcome!! You should post this in the daily chat. You'll get a faster response and a lot of expert advice!
Good luck! :)

scorbett1103 02-21-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalas (Post 4641365)

No, the shake isn't supposed to curb your appetite - remember that it's a meal REPLACEMENT not supplement. The low carb nature of ideal protein puts your body in a state of ketosis (when your body uses fat for fuel to make ketones that the brain can use) - THAT is what curbs your hunger. It takes about 4 days for your body to get there, so just be patient! If you are following the IP plan using alternative products, just stick to your sheet. Use your unlimited lettuce (romaine, boston/butter or iceberg) as much as possible. And definitely read through the other postings on the boards, there's a lot of good advice for new folks!