Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern View Post
i'm reading the maintenance vol 7 thread and the reboot thread. is there anyone still posting here who didnt have to go back into the phases or eating packets occasionally to maintain their losses?
I believe most of use use packets or later natives as part of out long term diet. I love the ip soup and still have it for lunch on weekdays as it is so easy. And my dh is still losing, so I am supporting him.

I believe I could have a more regular diet without packets, but to maintain my weight I really need to keep the carbs quite low.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #47  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I believe most of use use packets or later natives as part of out long term diet. I love the ip soup and still have it for lunch on weekdays as it is so easy. And my dh is still losing, so I am supporting him.

I believe I could have a more regular diet without packets, but to maintain my weight I really need to keep the carbs quite low.

thank you for answering!
Old 11-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Dez, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences, you look absolutely beautiful in your pictures.

I'm having a kind of down day. I've been stuck at 171.6 for the past four days and then when I got on the scale today, I was up to 172.1 For some reason, on ANY diet I do, my body ALWAYS stalls out just before I hit the 160's I don't know what it is...and this is always the time I get discouraged and just quit. Not in a good place today

Last edited by Suchawittygal; 11-29-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #49  

DezD I am so sorry for your loss. You are beautiful!!!! I hope being back here gives you some support and comfort.

Annabobanna - I'm in a similar dilemma with figuring out how to do IP without IP. For me its very overwhelming right now and very discouraging. The alternatives link almost made it more difficult. Guess my mind needs more time to handle it. Im tyring for an alternative start date of January
Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #50  
Started IP 10/18/12

S/C/G: 286/Ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

DezD - I am so sorry for your loss!! My prayers are with you and your family! Your pictures are beautiful!

Hey all -- well, the last 3 weeks have been kind of a rollercoaster, between traveling for work and the holiday. So, I haven't weighed in with my coach for 3 weeks. Today was WI and I was down 6.8 lbs!!! I was so excited that even though I wasn't fully on plan, I still lost!!! That was definitely very exciting to me. I have restarted and fully back on as of today. It is a great day!!

I am a HUGE PUMPKIN LOVER!!!! And around this time of the year that is ALL that is around, pumpkin bread/bars, etc ... Does anyone have any recipes for a little treat? My coach was telling me of one that wasn't on IP, but wouldn't be bad if you just had a little.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

DezD, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear husband. Thinking of you... <3
Old 11-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #52  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
Dez, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences, you look absolutely beautiful in your pictures.

I'm having a kind of down day. I've been stuck at 171.6 for the past four days and then when I got on the scale today, I was up to 172.1 For some reason, on ANY diet I do, my body ALWAYS stalls out just before I hit the 160's I don't know what it is...and this is always the time I get discouraged and just quit. Not in a good place today
Suchawittygal - You know those cartoons where the angel is on one shoulder and the devil is on the other shoulder and they are both whispering thoughts in your ear. Well, the devil is telling you that "there is know way you'll ever get in the 160's. Why bother trying, you're just going to fail and make a fool of yourself again. Everyone around you knows it's a waste of time and look at all the wonderful holiday foods you're missing out on in the meantime!" Your IP family is the angel on your other shoulder. This is who you need to be listening to. In fact, why don't you have the angel go knock the devil off and when he lands on the ground - step on him!
You CAN do this and you WILL do this and get to the 160's! My challenge to you is take the scale and drop it off at your neighbors or a friends. Don't step on a scale (unless it's at WI at the clinic) for 2 weeks. I will guarantee you'll be in the 160's by then. What is a lousy 2 weeks; they'll be gone before you know it (esp with the Holiday rush)! This is a HUGE step for you. You NEED to prove to yourself that you can get to the 160's and don't allow yourself to wallow in this mountain of a stall you've dreamed yourself into. Good Luck! Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezD View Post
Well.....I'm back after a long break and after gaining back almost 20lbs. I went through quite a bit this year with my husband being in and out of the hospital while undergoing chemo treatments. I definitely put my health on hold for a while and use the lack of time and resources as an excuse to eat with reckless abandon. He passed away in September and for the past two months or so I didn't pay much attention to my eating. I have been back on the diet for about a week and a half and am down a couple of pounds. I haven't gone back to my IP clinic (except to buy food), because I don't want to see just how much damage I did with my body fat until I get closer to where I was before.
DezD - my heart goes out to you. I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I truly hope you have a wonderful support system around you. Please, know that your IP family here on 3FC want to be your on-line support system!
The stress and emotional roller coaster that you've been on for the last year has to have been a wild heartbreaking exhausting ride. I believe the last thing you had time to take care of for the past year was yourself and that is totally 100% understandable. You need to give yourself all the grace you would offer anyone else in this situation if the roles were reversed. You did what you had to do to survive over that year, and if that means "eat with reckless abandon", well so be it. Today is a new day and although you no longer have your DH to physically share your life with - you can start to take time to care for yourself now and feel good about it. Whatever "damage" you may have done can totally be turned around. I find our bodies are often very forgiving to us. I agree with the other poster..... if you plan to go back to a clinic, then do so now and move forward full steam ahead with IP. You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I am so impressed that you've been back on IP for a week and a 1/2. I think that shows so much character - I know I probably would have used the "excuse card" a little longer and waited until AFTER the holidays. Welcome home to IP. I'm so excited to have you joining us (I'm a somewhat newbie and there are many wonderful new newbies and gurus around). xoxo Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much lately.

Very stressful times happening. I just got accepted into a nursing program to further my education, and of course they want money and health info and blah blah ASAP. I've been running around getting everything together, taking out loans, aand just driving myself crazy.

Unfortunately I won't be able to continue IP because my money is being drained by school, and I have to cut down my work hours. I think I am going to phase off for a bit and then jump in with alternatives after the holidays. I am going to try my hardest to maintain while off IP. Just so stressed about school, money, health.

I am thankful for the opportunities that have presented themselves, though. Just taking it one step at a time!
AnnaBoBanna - Congrats on your acceptance into the nursing program; good for you! Yes, life is stressful and continuing your education while still having to be an adult and pay bills ranks pretty high up there. You will do fine on alternatives and you can and will get just as much support here on 3FC. Make yourself a commitment that no matter how busy you get with school/studies that you'll log on for "x" minutes daily. Don't let the days go by until they turn to weeks before logging on. It seems for the maintenance IPers that when they "allow" themselves to unplug from here, is when they start down that slippery slope of regaining. Give yourself a lot of grace during this time and don't go backwards - you've worked too hard to get where your at NOW. Even if you don't lose weight as fast during school (and on alternatives), you'll be amazed at how much you can still lose over a long period of time when you have to be so focused on school. Just get in a comfortable routine with the alternatives, like you've found on IP foods.
If you phase off and have some holiday food before you start alternatives in the new year, try to make conscious choices and and be determined to be present in the moment when you make those choices (no hypnotic pigging out in front of the TV -lol, I speak from experience). I know you'll do well. I have really enjoyed your posts and you've been an inspiration to me. In fact, I'm looking forward to the day when you meet your goal and reward yourself with skydiving; it will be well worth the wait and effort. Jen

To everyone else - sorry for the long responses, but I was feeling very passionate!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:

Very stressful times happening. I just got accepted into a nursing program to further my education, and of course they want money and health info and blah blah ASAP. I've been running around getting everything together, taking out loans, aand just driving myself crazy.

Unfortunately I won't be able to continue IP because my money is being drained by school, and I have to cut down my work hours. I think I am going to phase off for a bit and then jump in with alternatives after the holidays. I am going to try my hardest to maintain while off IP. Just so stressed about school, money, health.

I am thankful for the opportunities that have presented themselves, though. Just taking it one step at a time!
This always breaks my heart. This program is so expensive and it's sad because it really works. I still say the problem of obesity is still considered a money maker and not a true medical condition. I am sure you will do fine on alternatives. I am going to go on them eventually myself. (((Hugs)))
Old 11-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 153/138/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
I too am heading to Vegas next week (from DC) -- a two-day work trip. For veggies, I'm planning on taking a whack of Persian cucumbers. They are small and I can eat them without having to cut them up. Same with some mini-peppers. Easy to snack on. Not so exciting I realize, but it'll get the job done.
Good plan! I was also thinking of picking up some celery sticks and pickles. If we had a microwave in the hotel room it might be worth getting the new IP pasta and putting our olive oil and seasoning on the noodles?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #55  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

DezD, I am so sorry for your loss. Taking care of yourself is utmost. Come here for support. Worry about weight as is best for you as you heal. You are so obviously such beautiful and strong woman. We are here for you.

Last edited by libertybelle; 11-29-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Jen, thank you for the words of encouragement! It's just what I need, I weigh in tomorrow and am hoping for a nice surprise, but will try not to be disappointed if that big loss isn't there. I'm going to stick with it and see where it takes me. OP ALL THE WAY! I can do this!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezD View Post
Well.....I'm back after a long break and after gaining back almost 20lbs. I went through quite a bit this year with my husband being in and out of the hospital while undergoing chemo treatments. I definitely put my health on hold for a while and use the lack of time and resources as an excuse to eat with reckless abandon. He passed away in September and for the past two months or so I didn't pay much attention to my eating. I have been back on the diet for about a week and a half and am down a couple of pounds. I haven't gone back to my IP clinic (except to buy food), because I don't want to see just how much damage I did with my body fat until I get closer to where I was before.
Oh my you have been through a lot! Be gentle on yourself. I am so very sorry for your loss and I also understand your desire to return to some normalcy by returning to IP. Let your clinic help you. Let everyone help you!

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-29-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 201/ 135/130

Height: 5FT 4in

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, it means a lot to me. I feel a whole lot better now. I think my coach thought I was cheating.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post

Ok been there done that. Ok here comes tough love. Get off that scale, wait for your weekly weigh in. If you follow the program at some point you will get below that number. For me it was 136.6. I stressed myself out. Giving you same advice my coach gave me.

Dezd, I am so sorry for your loss. We are the same stats, I have about 16 to go, let's do it together
Old 11-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Remember, even without any IP or alternative packets, you can stay very low carb and still lose. Basically, eat like phase 2, but instead of a breakfast packet you can do some eggs and bacon or other low carb option. For your snack, you can choose nuts or cheese or something else very low carb. Or you could do Phase 3 and a snack (I still lost on my phase 3 week when I was phasing out for a vacation).

Although I like the variety of all the different alternative packets from Nashua, some of which can be $2.00 or so per packet, you can do alternatives VERY cheaply by relying mostly on the EAS shakes (about $1.25 each) and Pure Protein Bars (about $1.00) each. 2 shakes and one bar a day would only be about $3.50.

Good luck!
Closed Thread