Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #16  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Ragdoll, you will get there, I plan on being on the boards for years to come, i am seeing a pattern, folks who stay active on the boards are more conscious and able to maintain the loss

I just realized I completed 9 weeks WITH NO SUGAR , calls for a celebration!!
I definitely plan on sticking around through thick & thin...hopefully thin!!! One of the traits of successful maintenance is group support, and yall are definitely my support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresa View Post
I've been stuck at 188 for the last few days. TOM hit on Monday, which is also my WI day. I've been super frustrated, but trying to remember that I can't control it and to just let it pass. How long does the scale stay stubborn for others at their TOM?
I had an 11-day stick before...it happens, it was also followed by a 5lb whooshathon. It can be frustrating, but as long as you stick with it..you will lose. You are fighting 100's of 1000's of years of evolution, your body wants to hold on for dear life but will eventually give up!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #17  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu64 View Post
Hi everyone.
I am getting a little discouraged, My husband and I have been on IP for almost 5 weeks. We had our weight in yesterday, my husband has lost 10 pounds in two weeks, I only lost 2.4. But the good thing is I have lost 25 inches and he only lost 8. so that was some reward Why am I having so much trouble with the weight? We eat exactly the same thing and the same amount. I'm Puzzled. Can anyone help?
All I am going to say is MEN!!......they lose faster, no matter what....YOUR ONLY is 2.4lb LESS than you were carrying around be proud of that....NO discouraging!!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #18  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu64 View Post
Hi everyone.
I am getting a little discouraged, My husband and I have been on IP for almost 5 weeks. We had our weight in yesterday, my husband has lost 10 pounds in two weeks, I only lost 2.4. But the good thing is I have lost 25 inches and he only lost 8. so that was some reward Why am I having so much trouble with the weight? We eat exactly the same thing and the same amount. I'm Puzzled. Can anyone help?
Hes a man, you cant even begin to try to compare your loss with his, and honestly dont compare with anyone else. You lose at your own pace, we are all different. Men have more muscle mass and different hormone levels that are more conducive to losing...not fair, but its a fact. The guys totally blow through IP.

ETA: My response was written assuming you are female.

Last edited by LizRR; 11-29-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

What great losses and motivation I have read the last couple of days! Congrats to all of you that keep positive! For those of you struggling, remember that you have choices. Following the program is a choice that you make so don't fight with yourself.

I am at the hair salon getting my roots touched up and a trim or cut - I haven't decided. It is so good to look in the mirror and recognize myself looking back. I sure never felt those extra pounds were mine.

Have a GREAT day everyone!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #20  

Today was WI Week #11. I lost 1.8 lbs. I'm happy about that loss. I thought I was going to lose more but TOM came for a visit. Oh well, 1.8 gone forever!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #21  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I definitely plan on sticking around through thick & thin...hopefully thin!!! One of the traits of successful maintenance is group support, and yall are definitely my support!
Ditto! I would not have been able to make this IP journey without yall for support. And you all are even more important to me now that I've made it to maintenance.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
All I am going to say is MEN!!......they lose faster, no matter what....YOUR ONLY is 2.4lb LESS than you were carrying around be proud of that....NO discouraging!!
HA HA MEN was literally the 1st word that came to mind. My husband does do manual labor but lives on the 3 C's Carbs, cereal, and chocolate. He's lost weight, his b/p and cholesterol are low.

Stick with it!! Don't let his loss discourage you. It's just the way we are made.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Dresa, hang in there!! It's so frustrating but it happens to (most) of us.

my pattern is...

Right before TOM: up, up...
TOM day one: up more...
TOM day two: up more again...
TOM day three: steady
TOM day four: down a little bit
TOM day five: whoosh

Sometimes even the day after it's down a little bit more.

I can be up anywhere from 3-7 pounds (more before IP when I was eating without abandon, lol). It stinks but it feels nice to see it gone (plus more!) within a week

Last edited by djs06; 11-29-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #24  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all - it's a beautiful wintry morning here in northern MI!

Had my WI this morning and lost another 2.5 lbs & 1.5" while on P2! My coach & I decided I would start P3 on Sunday! Can't believe how fast the last 6 months on IP has gone! I did change my goal weight from 135 to 140 (and that is what my home scale shows - 140). Could not have done this without everyone one here on 3FC, so THANK YOU all! Your support, ideas, sharing & discussions have all been invaluable! LizRR - tonight I'm going to 'study' your P3 breakfast thread. Need to get all my breakfasts planned and a new grocery list started. Wuv - your determination has been a huge inspiration to me. Thank you, and congratulations on your awesome achievements!
I too am going to stick around through 'thick & thin' to help me maintain. No reward for me until I've maintained for one full year - then a full spa day

RE: men losing faster than women - so unfair, but fact. Hang in there Lulu64 - your time will come!

Have a great OP day!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #25  

Default Silly vent!!

Why am I upset about this ???

I ordered this tunic (I believe) the MIDDLE of October. Started IP the end of October. It was on back order and I forgot about it 1/2 the time. Right before Thanksgiving, I called the company and asked about the back order. I also asked about changing the size. I had to go to work so once I got the info and a little run around, (they are usually good,but when I talk to the CS who's a guy, he's clueless) I thought I will follow-up tomorrow. Well, even though the guy on the phone said it was back ordered for a few more days, it was shipped the very next day. Size 22.
I figured I would try it anyway, you know how brands all fit different. Well, it was huge. About 2+inches on each side. It's so soft and pretty, I thought I'll keep it, use it as a dress with black tights and boots (I don't own).
Well, I decided to call this morning and order an 18. By the time I get it, who knows how the 20 will fit. Of course, it's a popular item. The 18 is out of stock with no back order noted at this time.
Should I wait or just send it back?? It's so pretty IRL, but at this rate, it might be Spring when I can order it and what size will I need then?? I still have 30 days to think about it.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #26  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

You might not be able to wear it even as a dress with leggings. The shoulder seams ends up on your arm when the shirt is 2 sizes too large.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
You might not be able to wear it even as a dress with leggings. The shoulder seams ends up on your arm when the shirt is 2 sizes too large.
True. I am short so any tunic is like a dress on me, so that's where my mind was. I think it is more of me winning against the "NO" I can't have it.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Dresa, hang in there!! It's so frustrating but it happens to (most) of us.

my pattern is...

Right before TOM: up, up...
TOM day one: up more...
TOM day two: up more again...
TOM day three: steady
TOM day four: down a little bit
TOM day five: whoosh

Sometimes even the day after it's down a little bit more.

I can be up anywhere from 3-7 pounds (more before IP when I was eating without abandon, lol). It stinks but it feels nice to see it gone (plus more!) within a week
This is exactly what I needed to see/hear! Thanks djs06!!!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #29  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Why am I upset about this ???

I ordered this tunic (I believe) the MIDDLE of October. Started IP the end of October. It was on back order and I forgot about it 1/2 the time. Right before Thanksgiving, I called the company and asked about the back order. I also asked about changing the size. I had to go to work so once I got the info and a little run around, (they are usually good,but when I talk to the CS who's a guy, he's clueless) I thought I will follow-up tomorrow. Well, even though the guy on the phone said it was back ordered for a few more days, it was shipped the very next day. Size 22.
I figured I would try it anyway, you know how brands all fit different. Well, it was huge. About 2+inches on each side. It's so soft and pretty, I thought I'll keep it, use it as a dress with black tights and boots (I don't own).
Well, I decided to call this morning and order an 18. By the time I get it, who knows how the 20 will fit. Of course, it's a popular item. The 18 is out of stock with no back order noted at this time.
Should I wait or just send it back?? It's so pretty IRL, but at this rate, it might be Spring when I can order it and what size will I need then?? I still have 30 days to think about it.

NinjaNurse - That's a tough call. I guess my decision would be based somewhat on the cost. If it was really expensive, I'd probably just return. If the price wasn't outrageous, I would probably order a much smaller size (closer to goal) and have that as a "carrot" and a reward for losing more weight. I have a closet with some clothes I bought over the past 10-20 years that were "a little too tight" because I always planned on losing weight (not gaining). Today is a new day and we know from all the success with IP and the proof on this site, you would be able to wear it in the future when you lose closer to your goal! Just an idea. Good Luck with your decision! Jen

Last edited by JenRem; 11-29-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

I had an 11-day stick before...it happens, it was also followed by a 5lb whooshathon. It can be frustrating, but as long as you stick with it..you will lose. You are fighting 100's of 1000's of years of evolution, your body wants to hold on for dear life but will eventually give up!
11 days!?! Ok, that certainly puts things in perspective. Patience, patience, patience...
Closed Thread