Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily chat Thursday 11-8-12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-08-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

top of the morning

had pancakes out of crispy cereal, loved it

have a fantastic day everyone!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Pancakes sound yummy, Sonya!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #4  

Good morning, everyone. Today day is my WI for week 8 and I lost 1.2 lb. I'm very happy with that because this week was TOM. Looking forward to next weeks WI. My DH last night said he was craving something off plan and wanted to cheat, but he didn't . I told him I haven't been tempted to cheat not once in 8 weeks. That is a huge NSV for me. I feel so in control of my eating on this plan. It also helps to have Wuv in your head! Hope everyone has a 100% OP day!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

I had my fourth WI yesterday and lost another 4.7 lbs. I was a little frustrated because my coach did not have any chocolate shakes or capuccino drinks left and I was hoping for 3 of each. She told me she is not very good at ordering and the appointment before me bought her last 3 boxes of chocolate shake and 4 boxes of capuccino! She will be out of each until at least next week. I asked her if she considered asking the person what they would like ahead of time to order that in addition to the other products and she said she never thought of it. It is just frustrating to find something you really enjoy and be told you can't have it for at least a week. I have not been very happy at the clinic lately anyway and this just added to the frustration. A nutrition store near me sells Proti Diet and I think I may stop in there today. Sorry for the early morning rant, it must be the cold miserable weather that has me going already!!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #6  

Congrats on your loss! You are doing great. Sorry about what's going on at your clinic. That has to be frustrating! Hope it gets better!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

I am exhausted! I was up late last night studying for my test. I'm running on 3 1/2 hours of sleep right now. Then I'm off to take my test at 9:30, then return home, nap until about 1:30, then off to my 2-315 class. Then I'm going to fill out a job application to a local restaurant. Wish me luck!

This is going to be a long Thursday!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
I had my fourth WI yesterday and lost another 4.7 lbs. I was a little frustrated because my coach did not have any chocolate shakes or capuccino drinks left and I was hoping for 3 of each. She told me she is not very good at ordering and the appointment before me bought her last 3 boxes of chocolate shake and 4 boxes of capuccino! She will be out of each until at least next week. I asked her if she considered asking the person what they would like ahead of time to order that in addition to the other products and she said she never thought of it. It is just frustrating to find something you really enjoy and be told you can't have it for at least a week. I have not been very happy at the clinic lately anyway and this just added to the frustration. A nutrition store near me sells Proti Diet and I think I may stop in there today. Sorry for the early morning rant, it must be the cold miserable weather that has me going already!!
LOL I keep forgetting you are right near me I get ALL of my supplies from Faunce Corner Nutrition, they have Proti Diet, Health Wise, and Balanced Protein (same as Weight Loss Systems on Nashua Nutrition). I stuck with my coach for the first 10 weeks but then realized I was getting more useful info on this forum, and ended up going rogue Which center do you go to?
Old 11-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Good morning all, I have a good plan today food wise - and a quick question.

What's the best way to measure your veggies when you're away from home? I have a cafeteria at my job with a full salad bar, but how do I know how much mushrooms, bell peppers, raw onions etc. will make up my two cups?

I'd like to be able to compare it to my first or something like you can with meat.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/161.9/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresa View Post

What's the best way to measure your veggies when you're away from home? I have a cafeteria at my job with a full salad bar, but how do I know how much mushrooms, bell peppers, raw onions etc. will make up my two cups?

I'd like to be able to compare it to my first or something like you can with meat.
I worked where lunch was a salad bar. I loaded up the lettuce, and all I could do was picture my portions in measuring cup size. I actually really looked at my one cup measuring cup for several minutes to remember approx. the size of the portion. I went with green peppers, mushrooms, celery, caul. and brocc, and I felt okay about my portions. Still lost weight, too. I thought about stashing my measuring cup in my pocket, though
Old 11-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Scorbett- I go to Dartmouth Medical Walk In near Stop and Shop. He is my primary physician but not a huge fan of his coach. Sometimes I feel like I am there listening to her complaints of the day and not in and out like I would love to be. Thanks to this forum I understand what I should and should not be doing and stick to the plan. I have considered "going rogue" (love putting it that way) but was going to stick with what I am doing through the holidays. I think I will do better knowing I have a WI coming up at the clinic. My husband loves Faunce Corner Nutrition, I just haven't made it there yet.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresa View Post

One cup is approximately the size of a woman's fist.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Scorbett- I go to Dartmouth Medical Walk In near Stop and Shop. He is my primary physician but not a huge fan of his coach. Sometimes I feel like I am there listening to her complaints of the day and not in and out like I would love to be. Thanks to this forum I understand what I should and should not be doing and stick to the plan. I have considered "going rogue" (love putting it that way) but was going to stick with what I am doing through the holidays. I think I will do better knowing I have a WI coming up at the clinic. My husband loves Faunce Corner Nutrition, I just haven't made it there yet.
I hear you. For me, I just couldn't justify the cost when I felt like all I was getting from my coach was a weight and measure. I went to Southcoast Chiropractic at Howland Place, the coach was very nice and did take an interest in my progress, but I don't think she's ever dieted a day in her life and I was bringing her a lot more info than she was giving me. After 10 weeks I felt like I had a good handle on the diet, I knew I could get support here all the way through Phase 4, and going to Faunce Corner is a lot more convenient There are a couple of things he doesn't carry that I order from Nashua, but they even carry a bunch of the Walden Farms stuff and a whole bunch of the DaVinci Sugar free syrups. If you decide to go rogue we can just get a local support group together
Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
One cup is approximately the size of a woman's fist.
Perfect! Thank you, I can rest easy now.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlr View Post
I worked where lunch was a salad bar. I loaded up the lettuce, and all I could do was picture my portions in measuring cup size. I actually really looked at my one cup measuring cup for several minutes to remember approx. the size of the portion. I went with green peppers, mushrooms, celery, caul. and brocc, and I felt okay about my portions. Still lost weight, too. I thought about stashing my measuring cup in my pocket, though
Haha, I might be able to get away with a measuring cup, lol. I could just get extra veggies in a separate container and measure back at my desk....if using my fist as an approximate size gauge doesn't work that will be next course of action!
Closed Thread