Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 236/236/165

Height: 5'5"

I had a craving last night, and I was told pepperoncini were free. I had a lot of 'free'cini! Today I feel like I am floating down the lazy river in an inner tube wearing water wings. Salt retention, or were the 'free'cini not so free?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #17  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Happy WI Wednsday! Good luck to all of my fellow weighers!

Had a good one today- I was so happy to see that 211 when I stepped on the scale this morning. There's something about this weight that my body seems to like, I was at this weight for a long time in the past. I was pretty happy at this weight- it's not my ideal, but in my mind it is the line between chubby and dumpy, so I am happy to be here.

Now, to get to the 1's- it feels closer than it ever has. This plan is difficult, but in comparison to my old ways of losing weight (taking pills and starving for as long as I could stand it), it is really easy. So excited to see how much more I can lose by turkey day!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Happy WI Wednsday! Good luck to all of my fellow weighers!

Had a good one today- I was so happy to see that 211 when I stepped on the scale this morning. There's something about this weight that my body seems to like, I was at this weight for a long time in the past. I was pretty happy at this weight- it's not my ideal, but in my mind it is the line between chubby and dumpy, so I am happy to be here.

Now, to get to the 1's- it feels closer than it ever has. This plan is difficult, but in comparison to my old ways of losing weight (taking pills and starving for as long as I could stand it), it is really easy. So excited to see how much more I can lose by turkey day!
Wow Tara! 47lb in 3 months? What a great feeling.Congratulations! Good luck on your way to what will be a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #19  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by megscarles View Post
I had my WI this morning... 2.8 lbs this week. I finally hit the 50 lb mark!! 28 of those was on WW, and 22 with IP. I see many more with IP! 44.6 to go til I hit my goal. Woohoo!

And a NSV- my birthday was Sunday. I had set this day aside since I started IP as a "cheat day" if needed. I told myself this diet would be difficult, and if I need a day, it would be my birthday where I could eat what ever I want. The day came and I didn't feel like I needed it. We celebrated my birthday just the same, I just made different choices.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!....You kept your control, that is a great victory, you gave yourself the CHOICE to eat or not to eat and you chose NOT too.....that was the BEST present you could have given yourself....congrats!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post
Good morning IPers ! Just peeping in to say I'm still going at it ! Almost to goal ! Although I have pushed it back 3 times, but that it ! Started May 1,2012 ,and 65 lbs gone ! We got this, just follow the diet and it will come off I promise.

AMEN!....this is what I have been saying for the last 18 months.....follow the program to see results....congrats!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #20  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaClyde View Post
I had a craving last night, and I was told pepperoncini were free. I had a lot of 'free'cini! Today I feel like I am floating down the lazy river in an inner tube wearing water wings. Salt retention, or were the 'free'cini not so free?
There are some coaches that "tweak" the protocol and allow some things to be free that aren't on the list. According to the IP protocol, lettuce is the ONLY free food, pepperoncini would fall under the "hot peppers" or "pickles" (if they're jarred and not fresh) category and should be measured and counted in your 4 cups per day.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
I know what you mean - seems like when I hit my mid 40's, my middle spread like there was no tomorrow - and then menopause hit, and wow.....

Maybe a suggestion to take some of your larger clothing and put on the swap board for people who want to get rid of their larger sizes and those looking for newer, smaller sizes. By getting rid of the larger sizes, you may be more motivated to keep those 20 lbs off and maintain. I'm no expert, I just know that I, too, seem to struggle with the same pounds and inches, and by getting rid of "safety nets" (larger sizes) it makes me more motivated to NOT FAIL and to stay healthy. IP, for me, has been about better health just as much as it has been about weight loss. When I went for my checkup a couple of months ago, my blood pressure & cholesterol were way up, and my glucose level was high as well - and I wanted to reverse it - as well as take some weight off. I'm anxious to see what the blood work will show when I go back after the first of the year. I know the scale will definitely show an improvement!
so getting rid of the bigger clothes has definitely occurred to me. I am short. 15 pounds is 2 sizes. I can easily gain 15 pounds in 4 to 6 weeks.

So I am at dilemna, I am waiting to get to a size 2/4 and then get rid of all my 8/10s.

I will have to rethink this, speak to my coach.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #22  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

For those of you that follow me here is my week 78 Video....I GAINED .6 this week......stress!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wicW6ySe4JI
Old 11-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Good morning all! I have decided to ease into Ideal Protein by limiting my carbs for the rest of this week. I don't officially start until Monday.

Last night I made the hubby and myself bison steak with sauteed green bell peppers and mushrooms, two diced habaneros from my garden and raw onions. I also served boiled asparagus. He loved it! He is not doing Ideal Protein with me, but is willing to eat what I cook for dinner as long as it’s not fish, lol.

I had two glasses of wine last night, but only about 35 carbs for the day. That is a serious win for me. Today, I started off with 3 egg whites for breakfast with pepper and hot sauce, and a donut coffee house coffee cake K-cup with two ounces of skim milk and Truvia sweetener. I’m using Livestrong’s Myplate website to keep track of my daily fat, protein and carb intake. So far so good. I don’t feel hungry or tired. I hope it stays this easy!

All of your incredible results are keeping me so motivated! Thank you for being such an inspiration.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #24  
started IP Oct 3/12

S/C/G: 225/restart 188/150

Height: 5'7"

Well I'm back in the saddle, the shingles are going away and I'm finally on the mend. I was a little nervous as to what my weight was going to be when I stepped on the scale this morning as it's been 12 days but surprisingly I was exactly the same weight! I wasn't down but more importantly I wasn't up and that's something especially when I was off protocol for that many days. Now I'm geared up and ready to get back on protocol!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo2551 View Post
Well I'm back in the saddle, the shingles are going away and I'm finally on the mend. I was a little nervous as to what my weight was going to be when I stepped on the scale this morning as it's been 12 days but surprisingly I was exactly the same weight! I wasn't down but more importantly I wasn't up and that's something especially when I was off protocol for that many days. Now I'm geared up and ready to get back on protocol!
That's amazing! I'm so happy you're basically where you left off. I hope you're feeling better. I've never had shingles, but I have heard it's horrible.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone!!!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and give some people some motivation on why NOT to quit and why to make sure you phase out!!

I did this diet 4 months ago and went from 184 to 172. I went on vacation so I just stopped the diet cold turkey, I just weighed myself and now 4 months later I am at 196 lbs, the heaviest I have ever been. I am worse off now when I started, and thats because I didnt phase off!

Today is day #1 for me again, and its really frustrating to think the 1st two to three weeks are just going to be me getting back to the weight I was the FIRST time I did this diet!!!!

I am going to stay motivated and loose the weight once and for all!!! 160lbs here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer
Old 11-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
There are some coaches that "tweak" the protocol and allow some things to be free that aren't on the list. According to the IP protocol, lettuce is the ONLY free food, pepperoncini would fall under the "hot peppers" or "pickles" (if they're jarred and not fresh) category and should be measured and counted in your 4 cups per day.
Thanks Scorbett-

No more 'free'cini.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #28  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

omg wuv...what a transformation!! 200 lbs gone for ever! It definitly shows in the pictures, u were always beautiful but with that smile of confidence you are beautiful and radiant!! u are such an inspiration! When i feel im about to cheat i hear u in my head hehehe
Old 11-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
For those of you that follow me here is my week 78 Video....I GAINED .6 this week......stress!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wicW6ySe4JI
Hi Wuv-

Treat yourself to some de-stressing. Maybe a pedicure, and look forward to next week being better.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #30  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresa View Post
Good morning all! I have decided to ease into Ideal Protein by limiting my carbs for the rest of this week. I don't officially start until Monday.
This will probably make week one much easier to do, but just be prepared that you probably won't have a giant woosh in your first week like some people do. That's not a bad thing, as long as you are ready for it! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo2551 View Post

Shingles are nasty business, glad you are feeling better. Good that you maintained while dealing with that!

Last edited by GoalFor40; 11-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Closed Thread