Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #1  
My children have paws :)

S/C/G: 212/196/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Need your advice-need to stop this self-sabotage!

Recently, I have found myself flying through the program, staying OP and loosing week after week. Then, something happens-I let life happen and I neglect to prepare my foods, or eat my packets and the cycle of self destruction starts. Why? When I was at my lightest-I never felt skinny. Now, 44lbs lighter I still feel the same way and I don't feel that I have earned any of it. My relationship with my partner is at it's lowest and I can barely afford to continue with the program because my hours will soon we cut drastically and there is no work in my field in my immediate area. Is this emotional eating? It must be how I got here in the first place-how does one go about feeling worthy and confident? Why do I feel like I am not worth it? I'm sure there are people like me out there-I'm just trying to find out how to cope.
Shobey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #2  
started IP oct. 09 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/163/150

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel... I have spent most of my life trying to prove myself to.... myself...

As for desrving your weightloss, there is no question in my mind that you earned it and deserve it!! Ip is not a miracle diet you worked hard to loose the weight and stay OP!

Also if your finances won't permit you to go on with the program you can look at doing alternatives which will lessen the financial strain you are going through.

The way I see it is you HAVE to keep a positive attitude! and continu working on your objective I am convinced you can do it and you will feel so much better about yourself when you do get through it...

You will definately have to adress your issues concerning emotionnal eating (yes, i do think this is what it is) or you will get right back to where you started in no time (This I am positive of). One of the key success points in IP is definately about changing our relationship with food... We cannot live to eat we have to eat to live if that makes any sense at all...

Hope this helps a bit...
guil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #3  
started IP oct. 09 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/163/150

Height: 5'4"

And I think your 44lbs is an AMAZING loss!!!! You should be proud
guil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #4  
My children have paws :)

S/C/G: 212/196/125

Height: 5'3"

Another day off program Kicking myself back on track and realizing I do want this badly, more than the crap I've been eating and more than the fat girl trying to persuade me otherwise.
Shobey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #5  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobey26 View Post
Another day off program Kicking myself back on track and realizing I do want this badly, more than the crap I've been eating and more than the fat girl trying to persuade me otherwise.
Shobey26 - It sounds like you just got yourself a "second wind". I'm glad you realized that you do want this badly. You need to fight that "fat girl" who is sabotaging you and trying to keep you down! I have faith in you. Hold your head up and persevere. We are all behind you Jen:
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

You made a decision to make a change in your life and you succeded so far. This shows you are worth it.

Try to remember that whatever food you might be thinking of eating will not make you feel better for any longer than it takes you to eat it. You probably will feel miserable and guilty afterwards.

Think about how much better you feel having lost the weight and what it would be like to get to goal. Even if you can't afford IP or alternatives, you need to deal with the emotional eating.

I'm an emotional eater also, and overcoming that is the most difficult thing I have ever done. Desperation led me to IP, but my decision to say 100% OP is the reason I am losing weight.

We are all in this together.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

As Aibeeelen would say:

“You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important”

You can do it - for you, by you!
vvei is offline   Reply With Quote