Old 11-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #1  
My children have paws :)

S/C/G: 212/196/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Down 41lbs so far but a little confused with my inches and lbs lost

O.k, so I know the whole weight loss and how it affects your body is different for all. I am pear shaped and carry a lot of weight through my upper body, especially in my arms. When I started IP and got my body assessments done, my lean body mass continued to drop. My hydration was also good and my overall body fat decreased slightly as well. My inches have always been very slow to decrease. Especially my arms. I lose quite a few around my bust and some off my hips, legs and midsection. I have gone from a size 18 to a size 14 so why aren't the inches catching up? I know every coach measures differently, but can there be so much of a discrepancy all the time? I am going by how my clothes fit and the numbers on the scale.
Shobey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm not IP, but my gym does measurements as well and they're very frequently different depending on who is taking them. I also do my own measurementsnat home, which is much more consistent and shows the loss better. Maybe its time for home measurements?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Kelly. Take your own measurements at home. You can be more consistent on where you put the tape measure. I know my coach tends to measure in slightly different places all the time which does make a difference. But, I do know that my largest parts seem to decrease the slowest! For me, my thighs just don't go down at the same rate as other parts.
Alma4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #4  

I know for me that sometimes when I have a big weight loss week the inches may not be there. This past week I lost 6.2 lbs but only lost .5 inches. The body just needs time to catch up. Eventually the inches will come off but pound loss does not equal inches that will be lost
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

First, I would reccomend taking your own measurements....I only have one coach but even she does not take them consistantly. Sometimes she pulls the tape much tighter than others. Obviously if you have gone down 2 sizes you have loss inches! I think as you get smaller and smaller you will see it more. The smaller your body the more each pound counts for inches. I am quite petite (aside from being overweight) and so on me a clothes size is about 5 lbs. My best friend on the other hand is a good 6 inches taller and a bigger body frame and she can easily gain or lose 15lbs without it changing clothes size much. I have "only" loss 10 lbs on IP the last 2 months but have also gone down 2 sizes....there is no right formula. And as you have said, some of it has to do with how you naturally carry weight.
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #6  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

It's odd that your lean body mass continued to drop - I think that should be pretty minimal. Are you exercising at all? My clinic recommends walking 30 minutes a day - I usually do 60, at least, and my body fat percentage is dropping quickly, while my lean body mass is staying close to the same.

I agree about taking your own measurements - Heck, one tape measure to the next can vary!
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I posted about this before also. My weight loss is not evenly spread throughout my body.

I think it just takes longer for the skin to adapt to the change. From what I have read it can take 1-2 years for it to tighten up on it's own.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote