Old 10-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 303/212.6/180

Height: 5"10

Default Starting IP this week...and super nervous/excited

Hey everyone,
I am Kayt, just wanted to get on here and say hello. Brand new to this site all together and to the diet.
I am really looking foreward to starting IP as I have seen so much success, not only through you people here, as well as some of my friends as well.
I have been mentally preparing myself for this for about a month now, and I am looking forward to commintting myself to make this new healthy life style change.
I have tried so many diets in the past, and have failed miserably at all of them. I am praying I can find the strength within myself to allow this commitment in my life, and finally break free of this ever lasting bulge.
I know I can do it. And everyone here seems so supportive, which I find truely amazing, as my support before was absolutley zilch.
Hope to read more success, and ready to start this journey.
ckmainprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #2  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Hi and welcome I am fairly new myself where are you in Alberta?
zoological26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmainprize View Post
Hey everyone,
I am Kayt, just wanted to get on here and say hello. Brand new to this site all together and to the diet.
I am really looking foreward to starting IP as I have seen so much success, not only through you people here, as well as some of my friends as well.
I have been mentally preparing myself for this for about a month now, and I am looking forward to commintting myself to make this new healthy life style change.
I have tried so many diets in the past, and have failed miserably at all of them. I am praying I can find the strength within myself to allow this commitment in my life, and finally break free of this ever lasting bulge.
I know I can do it. And everyone here seems so supportive, which I find truely amazing, as my support before was absolutley zilch.
That mental pre-preparation is SO important! I did it too & lurked here on IP 3FC for about a month before I started. While I lurked, I read and learned so that when I started I was READY and I haven't looked back. No cheats. No excuses. We can find a zillion reasons to cheat if we want to. It takes more strength to power thru and keep going when we're having a "hard" day. I just passed 90 days. Most are pretty easy and go pretty smoothly. The key is planning but always having that "plan B" in the back of your mind...just in case!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Hey everyone,
Welcome Kayt! Lurking is a great way to be sure you really want it and then you're able to commit 100%. And that's what IP requires! You'll do great! Best of luck!
Minch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #5  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Welcome!!!! I'm on day 3 right now. Heard the first few days are tough. Had a hard time yesterday, but doing well today. I'm excited for you! It's a change, but you can certainly do it!!!
breezie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! Don't be nervous, I'm sure you will do just fine! Unlike me you are taking the time to organize yourself and your life. I just jumped in with both feet and it didn't turn out so well. The other members of my household were a bit put out by my sudden change. As for the diet itself I was fine. I was sleeping better, wasn't craving fast food or sugar, and enjoying being creative with my "real" food. I ended up taking a break from the diet, but I just felt like crap (maybe cause that's what I was eating). I talked with my DH about how I felt both on and off the diet and I now have his aproval if not his understanding of what I'm doing. And no, I don't HAVE to have his aproval it just makes my house more peaceful. Today is restart day 1 and I am so glad to be back!

Welcome and Good luck!
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #7  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hey everyone,

This was the most important thing I did for this diet, great idea. One thought I had through out this journey was that the more I followed this diet, to the letter, the sooner I could bring back some of the foods I missed.

Good luck!!
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #8  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Hey everyone,
ditto what lisa said below!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
That mental pre-preparation is SO important! I did it too & lurked here on IP 3FC for about a month before I started. While I lurked, I read and learned so that when I started I was READY and I haven't looked back. No cheats. No excuses. We can find a zillion reasons to cheat if we want to. It takes more strength to power thru and keep going when we're having a "hard" day. I just passed 90 days. Most are pretty easy and go pretty smoothly. The key is planning but always having that "plan B" in the back of your mind...just in case!
well said!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #9  

Welcome! be ready for some major changes! like having ALOT more energy and feeling great! Also finding out new and fun ways to make veggies interesting like cauliflower rice!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #10  
started IP oct. 09 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/163/150

Welcome!! You will love the changes
guil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I prepared for about a week, emptied everything off plan out of my house (I'm single so I have that luxury) and jumped in. The first week was hardest for me, I felt sick. But now I feel great! I'm in my 3rd week now.

Definitely reccomend being active on this board and even posting your menu each day on the "What are you eating" thread for accountability.
this girl is awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #12  

Welcome!!!!!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 303/212.6/180

Height: 5"10

You guys are all so awesome!
Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it
I moved my consult time to tomorrow instead of later in the week. So I am so ready, just cleaned out all my pantry, fridge and cupboards to start clean.
Super happy.....we will see how happy I am in about 3 days lol
ckmainprize is offline   Reply With Quote