Old 10-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197.6/132.3/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Day 11 and still feeling sick..may be TMI

As I await for my doctor to return my call, I thought I'd ask here if anyone else has experienced the same.

Day 5- I experienced nausea. Threw up my after dinner snack of milk chocolate pudding.

Day 7- Nausea (much worse than the first) and threw up again. This time it was just my dinner.

Had my first WI and was happy with the results. Lost 11.4lbs. I thought, I can do this- I've read on the forums that the nausea and vomiting will pass. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said that it was normal and to drink more water (add sea salt if need be).

Day 10- Felt sick and felt as if my heart was double, triple beating. Checked my bp and it was 134/98 with a heart rate of 148!!!! I thought, ok something is definitely wrong with me. This was at resting- I have not been doing any exercising at all. I felt no pain, took my bp meds, laid down and went to sleep. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, although it may have been, but it surely scared me.

Day 11- An hour after dinner my stomach started to get upset. Had diarrhea, multiple trips to the bathroom. Sorry if that was TMI. Thought it was over till I tried to consume my after dinner snack. Multiple trips to the bathroom again and could feel a gnawing sensation in my stomach. Felt fine afterward until my husband started cooking. At first, I enjoyed the smell of chicken sausages but when he was done my stomach started tumbling. This time I threw up. Everything.

Day 12- Today I feel fine but I just tried to have the vegetarian chili for lunch. One spoonful and I felt like throwing up when I had no problem with it before. I had the cappuccino drink for bkfast and that was fine. I also noticed now that I can barely tolerate the taste and smell of some of the packets.

I've called my dr and left a message as I dont know if this is still normal. My husband told me last night, "You are unhealthy." I know he's concerned. I'm not sure if my body is not taking this diet well. I have been following the program to a T (phase 1) and still feel yucky. I love the weight loss and I don't want to give up but if my body says otherwise I may have to resort to another plan.

Has anyone else experienced this?
JoVo808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem, as I am not on ideal protein, but just thought I would ask if there is any possibility you could be pregnant? I don't know much about that, either, but just a thought...
I hope you feel better.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197.6/132.3/135

Height: 5'2"

No, not pregnant, Brandis I guess no one else has had an issue as you are the only person that replied. I may have figured it out- it's the supplements. I have my second WI tomorrow so will talk to my dietician then.
JoVo808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoVo808 View Post
As I await for my doctor to return my call, I thought I'd ask here if anyone else has experienced the same.

Day 5- I experienced nausea. Threw up my after dinner snack of milk chocolate pudding.

Day 7- Nausea (much worse than the first) and threw up again. This time it was just my dinner.

Had my first WI and was happy with the results. Lost 11.4lbs. I thought, I can do this- I've read on the forums that the nausea and vomiting will pass. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said that it was normal and to drink more water (add sea salt if need be).

Day 10- Felt sick and felt as if my heart was double, triple beating. Checked my bp and it was 134/98 with a heart rate of 148!!!! I thought, ok something is definitely wrong with me. This was at resting- I have not been doing any exercising at all. I felt no pain, took my bp meds, laid down and went to sleep. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, although it may have been, but it surely scared me.

Day 11- An hour after dinner my stomach started to get upset. Had diarrhea, multiple trips to the bathroom. Sorry if that was TMI. Thought it was over till I tried to consume my after dinner snack. Multiple trips to the bathroom again and could feel a gnawing sensation in my stomach. Felt fine afterward until my husband started cooking. At first, I enjoyed the smell of chicken sausages but when he was done my stomach started tumbling. This time I threw up. Everything.

Day 12- Today I feel fine but I just tried to have the vegetarian chili for lunch. One spoonful and I felt like throwing up when I had no problem with it before. I had the cappuccino drink for bkfast and that was fine. I also noticed now that I can barely tolerate the taste and smell of some of the packets.

I've called my dr and left a message as I dont know if this is still normal. My husband told me last night, "You are unhealthy." I know he's concerned. I'm not sure if my body is not taking this diet well. I have been following the program to a T (phase 1) and still feel yucky. I love the weight loss and I don't want to give up but if my body says otherwise I may have to resort to another plan.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I've experienced this only when I ate too much of the same food or took my supplements before I ate. Perhaps your allergic.
Ticiabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I had trouble with the potassium supplement if I took it without food. The racing heart could be from nausea, low blood pressure, abnormal electrolytes. Have you ever had a racing heart beat before? Palpitations? How old are you?
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Are you around your TOM? I notice I was getting nausea when I ate anything for a week prior to my TOM and I would also get mild heart burn.
IntheEvening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #7  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

I had these symptoms when I was using alternative drink mixes, actually threw up a couple of times, and lots of severe abdominal pain. None of the other foods, IP or alternative have effected me this way. Sorry I don't have an answer for you...hope you feel better soon.
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

It really sounds as if you are allergic to something in the products. I think I would try just eating appropriate normal foods for a few days and see if you feel better then carefully add things back.
I noticed this didn't start till day 5 so maybe whatever it is built up in your system.

I would try things like eggs, meat/fish and big salads for several days. Then I would try to add the supplements back and see how that goes, then products back slowly.

Compare the ingredients of the chili and the cappuccino and see what is in the chili but not in the drink.

Good luck with figuring this out.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 10-29-2012 at 09:51 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Are you sensitive to soy or whey? That might be the culprit...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! That sounds awful.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #10  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

The racing heart does sound scary to me, although I absolutely know nothing about that issue. I am interested however, in finding out what your doctor said about the racing heart!

About diarrhea - the bane of my existence: It could be that you developed intolerance to some ingredients. Intolerances can be developed when we eat too much of something. The common problematic ingredients are soy protein, whey protein, whole milk, sugar alcohols (malitol in particular), sucralose, and there are piles of stuff in the ingredient lists so you may study them to see how you reacted after what types of foods. It might be soy lecithin or soy oil that you react to.

Intolerance is not the same as allergy though. I always think of allergies as those that make the tongue swell up and threaten to close up the throat...maybe there are different allergic reactions that I don't know anything about... Food Intolerance means we lack the enzyme(s) to break down some kind of molecules. Allergy has to do with our immune system reacting to something harmless as if it's dangerous (and in the process making it dangerous through such reactions).

And cal-mags pills - if you are not constipated, do stop them!! Stop them for a few days to see how you react. If they were the problem, and you have no more "D" issues, then you can start taking one for a few days and if you don't react, then start 2, and so on. If at certain number of the pills you start to have problem again, then go down to the number that did not cause you problems.

Vegetables - we have to rotate them, because if we eat too often the same type, we can start to feel sick of them - literally. It has to do with alkaloids in them, something about them collecting in the body and when they reach too high amounts they cause us some reactions.... I don't understand it or remember it correctly, but just know that the point was to not eat always the same stuff.

That's all I know. I don't know anything to suggest about nausea. Or wait, I remember reading that some vitamins or minerals in the supplement pills can cause nausea.

I think that when we start to feel unwell, the body is having difficulty dealing with things and it will be usually multiple things that start to bother it - kind of like it's losing battle on a few fronts at once, weakening in different areas, not just one. Unless your doctor suggests something better, you might consider phasing off and resting your organism in phase 4 for a while. Then when the organism is "strong" again, take up phase 1 again to reach your goal weight.
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #11  

What does your IP clinic say?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

I was like the person above and got super sick if I took the supplements without food, now I eat then take the pills 30min later
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote