Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #1  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Another disappointing week

I am completely bummed about my weigh in today...no lbs lost. After only losing one pound last week, it was very disappointing. I know we shouldn't have unrealistic expectations, but my feelings were: all that planning, all that hunger, all that denying myself...all for nothing. In the 1.5 hours since my weigh in, I have gone back and forth from tears, to telling myself I'm a total failure, to being mad, to being determined to do better, back to tears, etc., etc...I really don't know how I feel right now! My coach (who is only there about every other week) gave me some suggestions of things that I probably did wrong and what to change, but the overall impression I got was that I should not have screwed up like that, so I better straighten up and do it right next week. I'm being oversensitive, but I really don't know her that well yet, and that is how she made me feel.
Thanks for letting me vent. And to be fair, if I step back and look at the big picture, I have lost 19 pounds over 5 weeks, and that's nothing to sneeze at. But still....it's disappointing.

Last edited by tam67green; 11-07-2012 at 06:59 PM.
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

What did your coach suggest? The biggest cause of slow losses for me was when I went totally non fat without realizing it. I was using WF dressings and didn't get in the olive oil and was having white fish and chicken breast as my animal protein choices.
Your body needs some new fat to burn old fat so make sure you are getting it in.
But 19 pounds in 5 weeks is darn good!
Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #3  

Tam - are you getting alot of water in? that is so important. I drink over 100 oz every day. there are weeks with slow weight loss and you might be in one of those times right now. It is usually followed by a big week at some point. are you following your sheet (protocol?)
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #4  
Jim V

S/C/G: 214214165

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default It happens

I felt bad a couple weeks ago, like you said the planning not cheating, eating right and then gained 1.5 lbs I was also mad about the money spent to. So I upped the water a little made sure to take my vitamins, and back to losing weight. Stick with it you will start losing again. You have come to far to quit .You can do this trust me If I can anyone can. Keep your chin up..
jimvhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Here's a hug!

You will be ok, just shake it off and keep moving forward.

Last edited by Dresa; 11-07-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Dresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #6  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

Ugh, Tam, I feel your pain, and I have a funny feeling my WI tomorrow is going to be the same. I'm 100% faithful to the plan, but I just don't FEEL like I've lost anything this week, and it's been a much tougher week for me in terms of being hungry a lot and really irritable . . . which makes me fear I'm going to ask all those same "is it worth it?" questions.

Let's both hang in there and trust that the losses will happen again - and maybe make up for a couple slow weeks!
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #7  

Glacier and Tam, hang in there! the proof is in the diet and our losses! and just be there for me when I have this happen! keep on drinking , keep on drinking...water that is
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I can totally understand your frustrations BUT I want to ask you.....do you feel better? do your clothes fit better? You are mentioning things that you CAN'T have, this is not the way to think about this program. You are changing your lifestyle, you will be able to eat some of the stuff you can't eat now later....just not now. This was your 5th WI, your body has to catch up with your losses, your body is reshaping itself. Trust me when I say you may not be seeing results but you are having them in other areas besides that scale. Don't get fixated on that number. Stay true to the program, it works, I have now as of today been on the program for 78 weeks with a total loss of 200lbs. If I can go without everything for 78 weeks, why can't you go without it for ____ weeks. If you want it bad enough you will change your way of thinking. This is a GOOD thing, believe in yourself and in the program. I am always around you can message me anytime I will be more than glad to help you, just ask. Let us know what your coach suggested for you to do. I am sure you didn't do anything "wrong" and her approach is not correct. Come here for support when you need it, we are all here for you...remember you are NEVER ALONE!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I can totally understand your frustrations BUT I want to ask you.....do you feel better? do your clothes fit better? You are mentioning things that you CAN'T have, this is not the way to think about this program. You are changing your lifestyle, you will be able to eat some of the stuff you can't eat now later....just not now. This was your 5th WI, your body has to catch up with your losses, your body is reshaping itself. Trust me when I say you may not be seeing results but you are having them in other areas besides that scale. Don't get fixated on that number. Stay true to the program, it works, I have now as of today been on the program for 78 weeks with a total loss of 200lbs. If I can go without everything for 78 weeks, why can't you go without it for ____ weeks. If you want it bad enough you will change your way of thinking. This is a GOOD thing, believe in yourself and in the program. I am always around you can message me anytime I will be more than glad to help you, just ask. Let us know what your coach suggested for you to do. I am sure you didn't do anything "wrong" and her approach is not correct. Come here for support when you need it, we are all here for you...remember you are NEVER ALONE!!
Wow, Wuv, everyone here is right. You sure do know how to inspire! I am copying your mesage and putting it on my desktop to look at if I ever get discouraged. Wonderful words.
Dresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Plan to be doing tis long term...not week to week. The weight will come off. Sometimes in pounds, sometimes in inches. Even at goal I lost inches for weeks....it will work for you!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #11  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresa View Post
Wow, Wuv, everyone here is right. You sure do know how to inspire! I am copying your mesage and putting it on my desktop to look at if I ever get discouraged. Wonderful words.
Thank you
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #12  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the inspirational words, everyone! That's why we are all here on this forum--to inspire and encourage each other. I really appreciate all the positive words! I was having a weak moment yesterday when I posted. Then I got myself together and thought, "OK, it's just one week, but I can get back on the losing track. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna kick this diet's butt!" LOL, doesn't make much sense, but at least I am feeling more determined.
Now I'm going to go eat either an omelet or baked tilapia while my son and husband eat their Papa John's Pizza that was just delivered. I will be just fine, and I won't touch a bite of pizza! (See, kicking the diet's butt, just like I promised!) :-)
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #13  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Glacier and Tam, hang in there! the proof is in the diet and our losses! and just be there for me when I have this happen! keep on drinking , keep on drinking...water that is
Thank you, Maezy! I did have my WI this morning; down 2.6, for a total of 16 pounds in 5 weeks. I'm not going to set any records, but I AM going to get to my goal and just trust my body to do it in a comfortable time.

I honestly think I'd do better if I could just follow the program and avoid the scale altogether . . . I feel good, I can tell my body is changing, and I'd rather go by that than by the weekly meeting with the scale. If I didn't love my coach and clinic so much, I'd order online and do it myself .

Oh, and btw, I seriously can't drink any more water . . . I'm running to the bathroom every 20 minutes now, and if I drank more water, I'd have to just move my office into the bathroom and work from there!!
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 176/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
What did your coach suggest? The biggest cause of slow losses for me was when I went totally non fat without realizing it. I was using WF dressings and didn't get in the olive oil and was having white fish and chicken breast as my animal protein choices.
Your body needs some new fat to burn old fat so make sure you are getting it in.
But 19 pounds in 5 weeks is darn good!
Pat
Hi- I hardly ever have my olive oil. I have been in the plan 5 weeks and have had a very slow loss (11lbs). This week my coach was very disappointed and said I must be doing something wrong. I have been 100% compliant except that I have an egg white in the AM but he said to discontinue that.... Could it be the olive oil?
Alexa1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 176/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hi- question in all this time have you had abdominal pain in the left? Below ribcage? I have been having pain there on and off and the coach said it might be my gall bladder and to take one extra calmag, that sort of did for a bit but the pain is back. The pain is dull and sometimes crampy. I think I will go to my regular doc tomorrow but I wanted to ask you since you know so much and I didn't find anything while searching the posts. My weight loss has also been slow, 11.5 in 5wks compliant, so I don't know if that might be the issue. Seems the only thing I am skipping is the olive oil.
Alexa1921 is offline   Reply With Quote