Old 07-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 7 (07/10-07/17)

Hi everyone,

Well week 6 is over and we are on our way to week 7 awesome job on WI:

We did lose 4 more people tonight with another 5 Freebies used.

Please make sure you WI on time we are starting to dwindle down.

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BIGGEST LOSERS FOR THE WEEK

Biggest Loser:
beck, -4.2lbs, -2.02%

Honorable Mentions:
Somni, -3.8lbs, -1.54%
mumtoliam, -3.9lbs, -1.52%
brizza, -2lbs, -1.03%

Let's see if we can pull out another win as well

Well I will be better this week about posting too sorry I was MIA for so long.

I am going to try to get back to some normal eating habits, back to exercising and also back to posting everyday in the chat, exercise, and the nutrition threads.

What are all of you going to do this week.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #2  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Congratulations beck, Somni, and brizza!!! Awesome weightloss!

I have spent the day contemplating my bank account... I had $1400 worth of bills this fortnight plus my mortgage repayment and I have $160 left for the next 10 days!!!! I made some soups roasted pumpkin and ginger and a chicken, tortellini and vegetable soup to freeze. These will be my lunches when I go back to work next week. I sifted through my pantry and deep freeze to see what I can cook that won't cost me heaps. I love fresh fruit and vegies, I love good quality meat but this week it wont be in my shopping trolley. I try and have 5 vegies in my lunch and evening meal... I think this week is going to be hard, cause I wont have the unlimited spending power of buying good quality fresh produce.

Do you have some tips to share so that I can economise this week?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #3  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Congrats to all for this week's work and success!

It looks like we lost a few more team members; let's all make sure to post our weights this week!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/seeticker/140

great job guys! just keep going!! right now im having such a bad stomach ache I guess its because of all the junk i ate yesterday...Ive should have known better..... no can do now,
so the importart thing is that I dont stop i feel like if i stop at this point of my life I will never reach my goal;Never so thats in the back of my mind all the time
Old 07-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #5  

Hi just heading to bed wanted to pop in and say hi and hope you all had a great day

I will post results in the morning as I'm not on the computer right now

I started off really good today then came home and the chocolate feast began. I really don't know what's wrong with me right now. Nothing is stopping this stupid craving. On a positive note I did do the elliptical today so that's a step back in the right direction.

Anyway goodnight everyone I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:09 AM   #6  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Bluesers,

Pretty quiet on here lately, must be all the summer activities. I've been working hard in the yard, but still eating very poorly . . . I mean very very poorly. No exercise except what I get in the yard. I think summer makes us feel sort of free . . . even carefree. Maybe that's why we have a hard time hunkering down. I'm working on setting new goals, don't want to give up either Brizza, or like you, it will be never. Who won this week, anyway?

Hang in there Blue Team!!!

Dora (stuck 3 weeks at the same weight!)
Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #7  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Oh happy day! I weighed in this morning (I do daily weigh-ins) at 202.6, which means my BMI is 29.9, which means I'm no longer obese! I still have a way to go to get to normal weight and to my goal, but it feels so good to leave the obese category behind.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #8  

Hi just posted the results and we won again....WOOHOO!!!!

Great job everyone!!

Beck congrats on the new catagory I bet you feel great.

Well off to work talk to you all later.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #9  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Wow, you guys are all doing such a great job this season! I wish I was. And I slacked forgot to post again.. not that I had a loss anyway but I did mean to post.. and am out now I think. My kids home for summer wears me out! I don't know if I'm coming or going! All that energy they have! For at least 15 hours a day every day I try to fill the time up with fun stuff but a person needs some quiet time too! Which we do but it's hard to get them to really settle down for long. Wish I had their energy seriously!!!

Anyway, I hate that I'm out of the challenge but will come back and chat sometimes anyway.. And wanna see what teams wins in the end. I hope its BLUE!!!!

Well, got tons of paperwork to do so gotta go but big hugs and have a great week!!!

Hugs, Selina
Old 07-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to our Biggest Losers!

Mum- I wish I had some pointers for you. I know I could use some suggestions too.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #11  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Doing alright so far this week...

I made a pumpkin, spinach and chicken cannelloni which was dinner Monday and Tuesday night. Tonight my son wants sausages... so we will have a sausage sizzle...Not good for weightloss but it wont be tooo bad overall. Tomorrow night I will make a beef and lentil lasagne and freeze some for next week's dinner. Friday night I am thinking of making a curry, that I will also freeze half ready for next week. I have heaps in my freezer; steam fresh frozen vegetables, frozen fish fillets, frozen chicken pieces. I will get by. But I am going to miss the fresh fruit and vegies later in the week. I'm counting down to payday 6 days and counting!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #12  

Well I think I figured out why my eating is out of control. I have to go visit my dad and that's good but I am really dreading the drive there. It will be very long and boring and I am doing it by myself. So I'm letting that affect me I think.

As I'm sitting here typing the sky just opened up and it is absolutly pouring outside been a bad week for rain byt this is very fast and furious.

Well I guess I should go finish getting ready....I'm on day 9 so not as motivated to get there

Have a great day and I'll talk to you all later.

Selina - you are not out of the challenge just out of Freebies
Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #13  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Hi guys! This week has gone better so far, and I'm excited. After my random 4-pound gain last week my weight is back to 206 and I'm really glad about that. It just didn't make any sense!!

I've started the couch to 5k with a small group of girlfriends and we have done the first week's workout 5 times now. Tonight we are moving onto week 2's workouts and I'm really excited! I forgot how much I hate starting running but how good it makes me feel.

Foodwise, having a great week. I'm actually having trouble filling all my calories for the day which is not good because over 1,000 of my daily calories gets spent on snacking. Not because I snack throughout the day but because by about 4 I realize I have so many calories left, so I start eating just to eat. I think I'm so busy with both boys that I literally forget to eat. I still have bad days, but that's usually when I eat something super bad for me, like Thursday mornings at my spouse connect group (wives meeting and improving marriages) they bring donuts. Anyways I want to share what I accidentally made for dinner!

We were supposed to have turkey buffalo cheeseburgers, and it's been awhile since I made this recipe with turkey (been making it with beef) so I accidentally made them too liquidy. I started to cook them up on a stovetop grill and they just weren't going to work so I scooped it all into a loaf pan, cooked it and prayed they'd turn out. The meatloaf was AMAZING!!

1 pound ground turkey, 1/2c. feta cheese crumbles, 1/2c. frank's buffalo hot sauce, 2tbsp seasoned or dry bread crumbs, 1/2c. liquid egg whites. Mix together, put in loaf pan and cook about 25 minutes, then drain the liquid off the meatloaf and cook another 20 or so minutes until the meat is thoroughly cooked. I did mine at 375.

Divided into 4 thick slices, 1 slice is:
177 calories, 3.7g fat, 3.2g carb, 32.8g protein!

(Eta: you can use bleu cheese, whole eggs, celery, and diced onions too... I just used what we had in the house!)
YUM!

Last edited by PacSunMama; 07-13-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #14  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

Heya all! Congrats on another win for Blue!!

I'm having a bit of a hard week this week, battling the blues again regarding my weight loss efforts and such. Not a huge deal, just not in the groove for self improvement this week I suppose. I'm sure it'll be better next week. I doubt I'll be adding to the teams efforts this week either, but hopefully I won't have to post a gain. We'll see I guess!

Anyway, good luck everybody!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #15  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls! Sorry I have been MIA! Life got in the way... but next challenge I'll be back I promise!